X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 39th annual Doug Newland Washington State Championships

We are waiting for disc golf scene to approve the event, then we all can sign up
    all info is on that site at discgolfscene.com

Aug. 31st & Sept. 1st 2013

Oldest disc golf event in the country
    $80 open\ $65 am
    LUnch, Dryfit Shirts, ring of fire, and more
    3 rounds at Ft. Steilacoom

Comment

This event is no longer a B-Tier and has no added cash. This is due to the lack of sign up by players.
      Sorry for any confusion but I can not afford to add cash to an event with no players.

Comment

Is the entry fee going to stay the same?

Comment

entry fee's

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          Is the entry fee going to stay the same?
          There will be no change in entry fee's

But there will be a late fee sign up of $10 if you have not signed up by 23rd of august.

Will need 4 players to make a division and only divisions with 4 players signed up by the 26th of August will have trophies in that divisions

All awards, lunch and shirts will be based off of sign up before the 26th.

All players must have paid to be signed up.

Comment

Couple questions Will there be signage or extra baskets removed? It's been a while since I've played there and it was really confusing with all the different layouts. Is this going to be a C tier? Could we see a breakdown of the entry fees? I really liked the course and think its an awesome place for tournaments Thank you for the hard work as a TD! Josh

Comment

We have changed the layout of the NW and SE courses & added a 9 hole AM course. So the problems you have mentioned have been taken care of because now those are the only courses marked. All info for this event is on Discgolfscene.com

Comment

This event may not happen next weekend!!! may have to postpone the event due to lack of participation. Only 24 players have signed up. Looking to move it to, looks like November before a weekend will open up.
                Will post tonight if it will be moved to a different weekend. Sorry for any inconvenience to the players that have already registered

Comment

How does this affect qualifying for the championships? I was really looking forward to this event and getting my revenge on this course!

Comment

Ok, After sleeping on this I have decided to move the event to November 1 & 2 . Hot ,sunny weather is not when we should have states!! We had to many issues with the event to have it next weekend, sponsor dropped out, very little pre reg, no fundraising, other great events all round it. please pass this info around. Will be notifying all players that pre registered.

We will have prodiscus discs for sale as fundraisers for this event.
                    More to come

Comment

Will this become a b tier again?

Comment

I wanted this to be a B-Tier and if we can get the players to sign up I will make this a B-Tier again. I just could not afford the risk of paying to make this a B-Tier and the shirts, lunch, discs and all the other prizes. Most of the am entry pays for all that and with no players comes no money for all that cool stuff we all want.
                        We will be selling fundraiser discs for this event starting next week and the funds from that could go towards making this a B-Tier again since a main sponsor can not come through with the funds.
                        I truly hope that more players pre register for this event.
                        This was the weekend that worked for me to run it, but it looks like a bad weekend for others since there were and are many other great event to play this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Disc Golf Armory View Post
                          Ok, After sleeping on this I have decided to move the event to November 1 & 2 . Hot ,sunny weather is not when we should have states!! We had to many issues with the event to have it next weekend, sponsor dropped out, very little pre reg, no fundraising, other great events all round it. please pass this info around. Will be notifying all players that pre registered.

We will have prodiscus discs for sale as fundraisers for this event.
                          More to come
                          Interesting reasons:

*) Weather: " Hot ,sunny weather is not when we should have states!!" Why not?
                          *) Sponsors: Agreed, getting sponsorship is probably the single hardest thing about running a tournament.
                          *) Pre-reg: People will pre-register for an event they know will be fun and a good value. Sometimes it can take years to establish a good reputation.
                          *) Fundraising: Yes, another difficult task. Perhaps hold a fundraising event prior to the actual event?
                          *) Great events all around: This will always be a challenge, and it is getting tougher all the time. Answer: Simply hold a better event than those around yours!

Sorry you had to reschedule, but I hope your event turns out better as a result!
                          Last edited by TreeLove; August 27th, 2013, 05:18 PM.
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X