X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington State Championships Aug 31st & Sept. 1st

This year The State Championships will be at Ft. Steilacoom Disc Golf Park on Aug. 31st and Sept 1st, Labor day Weekend B-tier WSS

I would like to know if you as players would like to have the Washington state Doubles Championship the same weekend? This is how, Saturday two rounds, Sunday morning the third and final round for singles and in the afternoon we have the 1st round of dubs. On Monday morning we have the 2nd round of dubs and wrap up the event. I am tired of playing the same 10 pro teams for Washington state dubs!!!! Looking to get players from all over the state to come out and compete for these titles. I need feedback on this so please talk with your friends about it and look for more to come.

Originally posted by Disc Golf Armory View Post
    This year The State Championships will be at Ft. Steilacoom Disc Golf Park on Aug. 31st and Sept 1st, Labor day Weekend B-tier WSS

I would like to know if you as players would like to have the Washington state Doubles Championship the same weekend? This is how, Saturday two rounds, Sunday morning the third and final round for singles and in the afternoon we have the 1st round of dubs. On Monday morning we have the 2nd round of dubs and wrap up the event. I am tired of playing the same 10 pro teams for Washington state dubs!!!! Looking to get players from all over the state to come out and compete for these titles. I need feedback on this so please talk with your friends about it and look for more to come.

I realize this is not exactly on topic with your post, but I can't seem to find anything that says when the registration opens for the WSC. Can you tell me that? Thanks.

Comment

When can we sign up?! (:

Comment

trying to get it all worked out

Comment

WA state and NW Doubles should be run by the team that won it the year prior and the date should be up to them. This has been a tradition for years. With all the changes to many events and courses I would like to see this stay the same.
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
            WA state and NW Doubles should be run by the team that won it the year prior and the date should be up to them. This has been a tradition for years. With all the changes to many events and courses I would like to see this stay the same.
            The problem is the quality of the event has went to shit in the last 10 years!!!
            There is no trophies to any divsions, there is no promotion of the event to get more players involved until late september, and finally there has been only 10 pro and 10 am teams for the last 5 years.

Also this event was held in early September and now been moved into mid October & the pin placements have changed from the OG courses.

Maybe you don't want the most competition you can get? I'm not sure

Look I am trying to grow the event and get more players playing to make it a great award to win.

This event allowed oregon players to put their name on the trophy instead of the top Washington team. They would now get the cash for 1st but not the trophy as the NW dubs is any team from any state
            Oh I'm sure going to get sh*t for that comment.
            Get off your ass and go help at a work party this month

Comment

Ya what he said, That guy made some good points

Comment

In all it is up to the players and they have not shown much interest in it changing or way in on it

Comment

WA state and NW Doubles should be run by the team that won it the year prior and the date should be up to them. This has been a tradition for years.With all the changes to many events and courses I would like to see this stay the same.
                  Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                    WA state and NW Doubles should be run by the team that won it the year prior and the date should be up to them. This has been a tradition for years.With all the changes to many events and courses I would like to see this stay the same.

that's exactly what is happening, the trophy is in my living room so it will stay there until end of sept-oct until we go down to Shelton and Play doubles.
                    It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by discgolfers-R-LAZY View Post
                      The problem is the quality of the event has went to shit in the last 10 years!!!
                      There is no trophies to any divsions, there is no promotion of the event to get more players involved until late september, and finally there has been only 10 pro and 10 am teams for the last 5 years.

Also this event was held in early September and now been moved into mid October & the pin placements have changed from the OG courses.

Maybe you don't want the most competition you can get? I'm not sure

Look I am trying to grow the event and get more players playing to make it a great award to win.

This event allowed oregon players to put their name on the trophy instead of the top Washington team. They would now get the cash for 1st but not the trophy as the NW dubs is any team from any state
                      Oh I'm sure going to get sh*t for that comment.
                      Actually, the Saturday doubles has filled (36 teams) at least the last 3 years in a row.

How many different names do you go by on here?
                      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Have the previous year winners been contacted?

Spanky, you and Lou won NW right?

Skelly and Tyler won WA State?

Just a guess but extending an event into a Monday will not get better numbers.
                        Last edited by Mr. Anderson; July 12th, 2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

state dubs

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                          Have the previous year winners been contacted?

Spanky, you and Lou won NW right?

Skelly and Tyler won WA State?

Just a guess but extending an event into a Monday will not get better numbers.
                          #1 it is a holiday weekend we all will have Monday off ( or most )
                          #2 tim wants to trade and run nw instead of states so that it could be run at Trojan and make it a true nw doubles championship
                          #3 for the last 7 years it has been left to me to get the course ready for the event because the players that won have not stepped up to get it done or been from out of state.
                          #4 I never said I would take it over, I just want to organize it so we will have trophies, course layouts correct, players playing the right divisions and the club getting the money's owed.
                          #5 this event has never filled or been close, we could have 36 teams on each course.
                          It was an idea, just an idea that I brought up to include more players from around the state not just the west side

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                            Actually, the Saturday doubles has filled (36 teams) at least the last 3 years in a row.

How many different names do you go by on here?
                            we are talking about state doubles on this thread not nw dubs

Comment

Originally posted by Disc Golf Armory View Post
                              we are talking about state doubles on this thread not nw dubs
                              Got it.
                              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X