X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing of Chuck Marquardt

Chuck Marquardt #16855 lost his battle with Pancreatic cancer this morning. His wife Brenda is planning a service in Pasco possibly on June 29th.
    Chuck loved our sport and taught me the rules when I began playing. He was a stickler for the rules. Chuck wore his faith on his sleeve, also on his hat, shirt and where ever he could. Chuck was always helping out at tourney central and also enjoyed working with kids. He will be missed. I will post any information I get about his upcoming service.
    Paul

Originally posted by Flingin fireman View Post
    Chuck Marquardt #16855 lost his battle with Pancreatic cancer this morning. His wife Brenda is planning a service in Pasco possibly on June 29th.
    Chuck loved our sport and taught me the rules when I began playing. He was a stickler for the rules. Chuck wore his faith on his sleeve, also on his hat, shirt and where ever he could. Chuck was always helping out at tourney central and also enjoyed working with kids. He will be missed. I will post any information I get about his upcoming service.
    Paul
    Thanks for the heads up Paul. I hadn't seen him in sometime and wondered what he was up to. You are right about him wearing his faith on his sleeve and everywhere else, he would alwas raz me about my language! I bought my first pair of Bite shoes from him, and my second, and third! DG lost a good man.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Yes Chuck will certainly be missed. I spoke with him a couple of weeks ago and was inspired by his strength and resolve too see the light at the end of his tunnel. Gods speed.
      rewindb.com

Comment

Toe to Toe

Chuck never conceded. I'm surprised even God would dare to take him from this world. Wherever we were or whatever the issue was, there was Chuck in center ring. My all time favorite was Marquardt vs. Rockwell during our round at the Meltdown two years ago on Kennewick Man.......
        Pasco Man, you will forever be in my heart. Thanks for letting me travel with you along part of your way.

Comment

Chuck, my brother from a different Mother. I will sorely miss you the remainder of my life. Thanks, for your prayers, your friendship and your love.

God Bless You!
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

I must have met Chuck around thirteen or fourteen years ago, not long after I started travelling to tournaments around the state. I will say that when I first met him I found his personality and overt references to his faith off-putting and somewhat overbearing! In 2003 I starting running the Lakewood Open and Chuck was a perennial attendee (& sponsor/vendor) so we got to know each other better every year. His enthusiasm and appreciation for the sport of disc golf and for the efforts that I was putting forth started to erode my initial impressions and I began to warm up to his "quirkiness". His openness about his Christianity stopped feeling like something he was trying to push onto me (which I don't think it ever was) and turned into an expression of his lust for life and a vehicle that enabled him to look more deeply into himself and allowed him to move forward positively. Chuck slowly but surely became a true friend and someone I someone I genuinely looked forward to seeing and spending time with at tournaments. Last year, when Chuck shared with me about his illness I was humbled by his frankness and the clarity with which he faced such a difficult prognosis. I was touched that he trusted me enough to disclose what he was going through and that he gave me the opportunity to give him a hug and let him know how much he came to mean to me over the years. My heartfelt condolences go out to Brenda and the rest of Chuck's family. Chuck, I'm better for having known you, I'll carry with me many happy memories of our times together and you'll truly be missed, not only by me, but by the whole disc golf community.
            Last edited by ericedge; June 17th, 2013, 12:55 AM. Reason: attaching photo

Comment

Rest in peace Chuck.
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by ericedge View Post
                I must have met Chuck around thirteen or fourteen years ago, not long after I started travelling to tournaments around the state. I will say that when I first met him I found his personality and overt references to his faith off-putting and somewhat overbearing! In 2003 I starting running the Lakewood Open and Chuck was a perennial attendee (& sponsor/vendor) so we got to know each other better every year. His enthusiasm and appreciation for the sport of disc golf and for the efforts that I was putting forth started to erode my initial impressions and I began to warm up to his "quirkiness". His openness about his Christianity stopped feeling like something he was trying to push onto me (which I don't think it ever was) and turned into an expression of his lust for life and a vehicle that enabled him to look more deeply into himself and allowed him to move forward positively. Chuck slowly but surely became a true friend and someone I someone I genuinely looked forward to seeing and spending time with at tournaments. Last year, when Chuck shared with me about his illness I was humbled by his frankness and the clarity with which he faced such a difficult prognosis. I was touched that he trusted me enough to disclose what he was going through and that he gave me the opportunity to give him a hug and let him know how much he came to mean to me over the years. My heartfelt condolences go out to Brenda and the rest of Chuck's family. Chuck, I'm better for having known you, I'll carry with me many happy memories of our times together and you'll truly be missed, not only by me, but by the whole disc golf community.
                Great Picture!
                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

We'll miss you, Chuck!
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Rarely got to play with him but his smile and positive energy were always in evidence between rounds.
                    God bless Chuck!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                      Great Picture!
                      I can almost hear him calling out. Rest In Peace Chuck.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Chuck's wife Brenda would like to invite all of Chuck's disc golf friends to his Memorial Service to be held on Saturday June 29, 2013 at 11:00 am. His Memorial will be held at the Calvary Chapel, 10611 W. Clearwater, Kennewick, WA. 99336
                        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X