CANCELLED CANCELLED 2013 Sekani Sling - Washington State Series Tournament CANCELLED Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANCELLED CANCELLED 2013 Sekani Sling - Washington State Series Tournament CANCELLED

2013 Sekani Sling
    July 13 & 14, 2013 @ Camp Sekani Disc Golf Course

THIS TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
    Last edited by Matt B.; June 11th, 2013, 09:07 AM. Reason: Closing thread for tournament Cancellation and Lack of Maturity All Around
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

So how did it come to be that the first ever sanctioned tournament to be held at Camp Sekani will also be on the same days as the Farragut Open?

Comment

Terrible.. Awful.. Only real non golfers would dream this night mare up.. Good luck with this I hope ten people show up
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Play either one!

The series needed one more event in the Spokane area, no one else wanted to run it and that was the only weekend that worked for the TD.

I am sorry it has to be on the same weekend as Farragut but that's the way it goes. I did notice Farragut has 14 so far. players.

The first 24 Am's will receive our event shirt. Discs TBD
        rewindb.com

Comment

there are enough disc golfers out there to fill both tournaments, so what..... you have to choose go cry in a corner. its a hell of a lot better than not having ANY tournaments close enough to play right??

i just dont understand why people always have to find something to complain about. im bewildered.
          Team HOSER:dancing:
          Team OLY:cheerleader:
          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Notices and or requests

One of the first issues is going to be parking.

We are going to use parking attendants. AND we would encourage players to carpool in even if it just from the school 1/4 mile away.
            rewindb.com

Comment

Info Release

We have two different art ideas. Both involve scouts and Disc Golf.

Complete Flyer soon
              Field :Limit 72
              PP:First 24 Ams get shirt Disc TBD
              Online reg: Yes till Wed 10th ($25 post pre reg sponsorship on Thr-Fri pays for Port O let)
              NO SAT CASH
              All divisions offered
              Fee's Open $65 Am/Rec $40 Non Current add $10
              rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                Terrible.. Awful.. Only real non golfers would dream this night mare up.. Good luck with this I hope ten people show up
                Which one will you be playing Yoduh?
                PDGA #42116

Comment

Farragut can hold 270 Players. We've been told that if we can pull 200 people we can get a fifth lake course built that is going to be unbelievable!! Farragut is an amazing piece of land, every real golfer that has been there wants every reason to go back. This conflict should be resolved. The Farragut Open has been held for 13 years and this is the first year it's been an A tier. To have another event within 40 miles is a snub.. Or should I say a Jub... Its not done cause they need another event. . Go on here and read the mountains of crap Flub Jub has written about DGU and then he chooses to run a the first event on our course less than a month before our scheduled first event there??? We raised $17,000 started a non profit, built and installed a course that took about 1,000 man hours to install and he tries this?? It's the only weekend.. Anybody wanna buy a bridge in brooklyn?
                  Last edited by Yoduh; June 10th, 2013, 12:43 AM.
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

That school is way more than a quarter mile.. The Inagural Camp Sekani Open will be a B tier with sponsorship.. You won't have to worry about parking cause I actually know how things work cause I live here and built it. Every Am that signs up before Tuesday August 7th will get a shirt.. Much easier to coordinate a good tournament from 4 miles away...
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Actually this is the 14th Farragut Open. Longer than every event in our area..
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Farragut can hold 270 Players. We've been told that if we can pull 200 people we can get a fifth lake course built that is going to be unbelievable!! Farragut is an amazing piece of land, every real golfer that has been there wants every reason to go back. This conflict should be resolved. The Farragut Open has been held for 13 years and this is the first year it's been an A tier. To have another event within 40 miles is a snub.. Or should I say a Jub... Its not done cause they need another event. . Go on here and read the mountains of crap flub jub has written about dgu and then he chooses to run a the first event on our course less than a month before our scheduled first event there??? We raised $17,000 started a non profit, built and installed a course that took about 1,000 man hours to install and he tries this?? It's the only weekend.. Anybody wanna buy a bridge in brooklyn?
                        Should'nt you post this on the Farragut thread?
                        rewindb.com

Comment

That school is way more than a quarter mile.. The Inagural Camp Sekani Open will be a B tier with sponsorship.. You won't have to worry about parking cause I actually know how things work cause I live here and built it. Every Am that signs up before Tuesday August 7th will get a shirt.. Much easier to coordinate a good tournament from 4 miles away...
                          Shouldn't this be on the Camp Sekani Open Thread?
                          rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                            Shouldn't this be on the Camp Sekani Open Thread?
                            Shouldn't you stay on the own side of the state?
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

The Farragut Open and the Sekani Sling. Two sanctioned events on the same weekend. The Seknai Sling shouldn’t have been approved, but it was.

Let me start off by apologizing… I’m sorry. I really messed this up. When I approved the date for the Sekani Sling, I didn’t check out-of-state events that may conflict due to mileage. This was entirely my fault and I feel bad for the hassle it has created.

I found out about the overlapping tournaments at about 1:30 am June 7. I have talked with both TDs since then (Ben on the phone twice and Jub through a few emails) and I have also talked with the PDGA.

The PDGA has ruled on how this will play out, and I must say, the ruling is different than the way I thought it would go. Both events are allowed to move forward as sanctioned events.

Ben Squires & Yoduh – I am truly sorry. My mistake will possibly hinder your event’s attendance. I called Ben to let him know personally. I feel terrible – this is a mistake I don’t plan to make again.

Jub – you are good to go. The Sekani Sling should continue forward as planned.

Mike Rideout
                              Washington Coordinator

WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X