X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Annual Yak Town Throw Down

On line registration is now open for the 2nd Annual Yak Town Throw Down at 4discgolf.com. This is a 1 day WSS, PDGA sanctioned c-tier event at the new Wide Hollow Creek Disc Golf Course at Randall Park in beautiful, sunny, Yakima Washington. Saturday August 17th is the day of the event. We will also have a Friday night doubles on Friday August 16th. Camping available for those of you who are coming from out of town. Our course is looking pretty good right now. We have baskets in the ground and new tee signs installed just this week. Tee pads are going to be finished soon. Hope to see you all there. Especially the Lake Stevens Crew and The Way Outz Team!

As a new course and new tournament here in Yakima, what is it that would make you want to come and play here? What are you looking for in a tournament? Players packs? Payouts? Atmosphere? Ambiance? I aim to make our events as exciting and enticing as possible for all who play. Im just curious to know what others are looking for in a tournament. Any feedback would be appreciated so that we as an organization can present the players with what they want. Thanks.

Originally posted by BigBubbBelly View Post
    On line registration is now open for the 2nd Annual Yak Town Throw Down at 4discgolf.com. This is a 1 day WSS, PDGA sanctioned c-tier event at the new Wide Hollow Creek Disc Golf Course at Randall Park in beautiful, sunny, Yakima Washington. Saturday August 17th is the day of the event. We will also have a Friday night doubles on Friday August 16th. Camping available for those of you who are coming from out of town. Our course is looking pretty good right now. We have baskets in the ground and new tee signs installed just this week. Tee pads are going to be finished soon. Hope to see you all there. Especially the Lake Stevens Crew and The Way Outz Team!

Comment

As a new course and new tournament here in Yakima, what is it that would make you want to come and play here? What are you looking for in a tournament?
      A cooler tournament director would be a good start! Other than that, after playing the course last Friday, I think it will be a blast playing there.

Comment

Is the tournament going to only played on the 9 hole course, or will it be 2 rounds of 18 and temp baskets??

Comment

Just a few suggestions my grass roots friend....

- My nominal appearance fee - $$$

- Prefunk the day before

- Lots of optional side bets & frisbee shenanigans

- Authentic provided lunch

- An opportunity to secure an ever so gaining in popularity environmentally friendly water bottle

- Country and/or Rasta music blaring whenever possible

- A Kick A** after party w/ Beersbie

- Miner Burger Coupon

- Printed Directions from Tourney Central to the Vantage/Gorge short cut bypass

Comment

We will have 2 rounds of 18 holes. We will be borrowing 9 temporary baskets for our event and will have a different layout than last year. This year we are trying to make more use of the creek area and incorporate more of the trees and other natural obstacles. We will be hosting a Friday Night Doubles event on the 16th for those who want to check out the course early. The entire 18 hole course will be set up all day Friday for those that want a sneak peak of the layout. As far as a cooler TD, well you can beat perfection so why try? We are working on securing sponsors and accepting hole sponsorships as we speak. Camping will be available for those who are coming from out of town. Let me know if there is anything else you would all like to see.

Comment

Sweet see ya then BBB ...
              PDGA # 52916
              CRDGC
              TCDGC
              FWWDGC
              PDGC

Comment

On line registration is now open for the 2nd Annual Yak Town Throw Down at 4discgolf.com.

Last East side series qualifier
                Last edited by LJ Jubner; June 23rd, 2013, 09:16 AM. Reason: broken link
                rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                  Last East side series qualifier
                  BUMP
                  rewindb.com

Comment

The 2nd annual Yak Town Throw Down is only a couple of weeks away. August 17th to be exact. 2 rounds of 18 at Wide Hollow Creek Disc Golf Course in beautiful, sunny, warm, Yakima. Registration is open at 4discgolf.com. We have great prizes to raffle off including a brand new pair of ski's valued at $1000, thanks to one of our sponsors, Hart Ski's. Dutch Brothers, Liberty Bottle Works, Sporthause, Rush Espresso, Jacksons Sports Bar are just a few of the awesome sponsors for this years event. The full 18 hole layout will be available on Friday, August 16th all day long with a doubles event scheduled for that evening starting at 6 p.m. Free camping is available again this year as well as a players party and bbq. This is a pdga sanctioned, c-tier event. Last east side qualifier for the WSS. Feel free to contact me via email or over the phone with any questions. Hope to see you all there.

Comment

Born 2 Be Fly is signed up as one of our sponsors as well. We just finished up 2 hard days of clear cutting and brush removal in order to bring you the best possible 18 hole layout. Everything is complete and I think we have a winner for the layout. Its gonna be pretty sweet this year. Think water hazards and tight lines. Open holes for the big arms and some technical shots for the rest of us. All in all its a good mix of holes. I think you will all be stoked. Hope to see you all there.

Comment

Can't wait

A.C. Davis, Class 1979.

I remember when Randall park was put in. Or atleast, I think I remember it.
                        Can't wait to come and play!
                        Last edited by PhilStomp; August 3rd, 2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Let me know when you get to town. We have free camping available and the course looks great. Hope to see you all soon.

Comment

Let me know when you get to town. We have free camping available and the course looks great. Hope to see you all soon.
                            I also love that you have a hillstomp sticker as your picture. They rock!
                            We will have the baskets this week and will have baskets for the full 18 hole layout for this tuesdays random doubles event. We will have the entire 18 hole layout open for play on friday the 16th as well followed by a random doubles event on friday night at 6. Cost $5 to play with an optional $1 ctp. Players party to follow at Brew's and Cue's in downtown Yakima. Live music, free food and stiff drinks. Camping available for free again this year. Just hit me up for directions to the camping. We will provide maps and locations of all relevant venues here in Yakima during the weekend. Hope to see you all this weekend.

Comment

Also a reminder that online registration, which is at 4discgolf.com, closes on Wednesday August 14th at midnight. We will be taking registration for the tournament on Friday the 16th and Saturday the 17th as well, but it will cost you an extra $5. The $5 goes directly towards our next set of 9 baskets for the Wide Hollow Creek Disc Golf Course.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X