• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rideout
    started a topic Fort Steilacoom Open **A-tier** July 6 & 7, 2013

Fort Steilacoom Open **A-tier** July 6 & 7, 2013

Fort Steilacoom Open – July 6 & 7, 2013

All amateurs will receive a shirt in their player pack and all pros have the option of buying a shirt for $30. The shirt will say
    “Fort Steilacoom Open 2013” over the left breast and “Next Adventure” across the upper back. Images of the shirts are attached below. Only registrations placed by June 15 will receive a shirt. Registrations after June 15 still receive a player pack – I just don’t know what yet.

No payout for the intermediate divisions. Intermediate divisions will have trophies for the top 50% of player

Pro divisions will play the Southeast course twice and the Northwest course once. Amateur divisions will play the Northwest course twice and the Southeast course once.

Current Sponsors:

Disc Golf Armory
    Mandos
    Topside Bar & Grill
    Next Adventure
    Firefly
    Challenge Disc Golf
    W&G Design, LLP
    Pierce County Disc Golf
    Sunday Huckers
    Jack Lorber
    Pete Johnson
    Ed Munoz
    Disc Golf Values

Schedule

Friday-

Early Check-In 4:00 – 6:00 pm

Saturday-

Check-In 7:30 – 9:00 am
    Player’s Meeting 9:30 am
    Round 1 – Tee 10:00 am
    Round 2 – Score Cards available for pick up 2:30 pm
    Round 2 – Tee 3:00 pm

Sunday-

Player’s Meeting 9:00 am
    Round 3 – Tee 9:30 am
    Showcase Final 9 – Tee (top 4 open pros) 1:00 pm
    Raffle
    Awards

Waitlist

Pro

Mattieo Condoluci

Am

2 FA1 Mindy Thomas
    3 MA1 Nick Boardman
    4 MA1 Garrett McCanna
    5 MA2 Isaac Peterson
    6 MA2 Aaron Peterson
    7 FA1 Sarah Henderson
    8 MG1 Ron Stevens
    9 MG1 Rick Buttle
    10 MG1 Paul Larson
    11 MA1 Chris Hetterscheidt
    12 MA2 Michael Dietrich
    13 FA1 Christine Huestis
    14 MA2 Jason Black
    15 MA2 Mike Huebel
    16 MM1 Jeff Hemmerling

Last edited by Rideout; July 5th, 2013, 08:38 PM.

• RonTheWhip
    replied
    Originally posted by CMC206 View Post
    Great shots Edge!
    Agreed!

Thanks for shooting

Leave a comment:

• CMC206
    replied
    Great shots Edge!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Hemmerling
    replied
    Originally posted by ericedge View Post
    I had a fun time hanging out and watching/photographing the competition on Sunday. The resulting PHOTO HIGHLIGHTS are posted on my flickr page. Cheers, EE
    Wow Eric, another stellar set. I particularly like these two forehand drive photos: Nate Sexton (from behind),
    and Bradley Williams (in front). The disc and player are captured beautifully!

Leave a comment:

• ericedge
    replied
    I had a fun time hanging out and watching/photographing the competition on Sunday. The resulting PHOTO HIGHLIGHTS are posted on my flickr page. Cheers, EE

Leave a comment:

• Rideout
    replied
    I was short on volunteers this year, but the spotters that were out there really made those new holes on the Northwest course flow.

Huge thanks to Kevin Holland & Rob Smith for keeping theirs eyes on the dangers of SE 12 (the road shot back from the ravine).

It was awesome to see Brittany Toporke out there on SE 4 watching for wayward plastic drifting into the tall grass.

And HOLY COW!!! - the stories told by players that watched Mike Huebel running all over the valley floor on SE 11 (the ravine). Sounds like he covered the entire area without missing a spot.

Without you guys out there keeping the players moving forward at a decent pace, the whole tournament's quality level drops.

Then, out of the blue, I had players that, without any arranged plan, went out and started taking down the signage for the event. This kind of thing is a huge help. I often dread the days after the event when I'm making certain the courses return to the their natural state within a reasonable amount of time.

To all the volunteers - Thank You! for all your hard work.

Leave a comment:

• REDFIVE
    replied
    Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
    Thanks Mike for an amazing weekend of golf! Best A tier ever!
    Of course it is the best when you win. Congrats!

Thanks Mike and everyone that helped.

Leave a comment:

• RonTheWhip
    replied
    Thanks Mike for an amazing weekend of golf! Best A tier ever!

Leave a comment:

• Getty
    replied
    Lunch at the site instead of a player's pack = major win! Play, eat immediately after turning in the card, play again, go home to deal with life. For those of us who are in a time crunch this works out well. Mark Kilmer nailed it two weeks ago at the same venue.

FSO has been money, too! Thank you to all you TD's who put in the time to organize these events! :high5:

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied
    Just want to throw some kudos out there for Mike on the scheduling format for today's rounds. I loved the long lunch break! And having scores/hole assignments posted at 2:30 with no players' meeting and a 3:00 tee time gave everyone plenty of time to comfortably get to their starting hole and warm up. I wish more tournaments ran the Saturday rounds this way. Lunch is usually so rushed, then you might have to attend a pointless players' meeting to see if you need to grab your group's card, and barely get to your hole before the hurried 2-min warning. This is the newest of many reasons I love attending Rideout's events. Tomorrow's competition will run markedly earlier, which I'm sure will keep everyone happy, especially the out-of-towners. He's a "pro TD"... cheers, Mike.

Does anyone have a differing opinion or has Mr. Rideout stumbled upon a new Best Practice?

Leave a comment:

• ski2man
    replied
    Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
    I tried to convince him that Tacoma is WAY better than Europe. He laughed.
    haha, that's funny

Leave a comment:

• olydiscgolf
    replied
    Originally posted by ski2man View Post
    So is Wysocki really not playing? Didn't he win the last two? Weird he's not in...
    I tried to convince him that Tacoma is WAY better than Europe. He laughed.

Leave a comment:

• *freeskier
    replied
    Originally posted by Rideout View Post
    That was my original direction and that would have made it so the pros would have been playing the Northwest twice this year, but I have decided to change that up.

I construct the layout of the Southeast course to resemble a tough pro course, so I have decided that it should be the pros that play the Southeast twice.

Hope this doesn't mess up your game plan.

Bummer, guess I should have played open. I feel that side is substantially easier.

Leave a comment:

• ski2man
    replied
    So is Wysocki really not playing? Didn't he win the last two? Weird he's not in...

Leave a comment:

• columbia gorge discgolf
    replied
    Game plan? Everytime I devise one of those it fails miserably! This may actually help because I was planning on NW,SE,NW. See you Saturday Mike.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X