Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to throw some kudos out there for Mike on the scheduling format for today's rounds. I loved the long lunch break! And having scores/hole assignments posted at 2:30 with no players' meeting and a 3:00 tee time gave everyone plenty of time to comfortably get to their starting hole and warm up. I wish more tournaments ran the Saturday rounds this way. Lunch is usually so rushed, then you might have to attend a pointless players' meeting to see if you need to grab your group's card, and barely get to your hole before the hurried 2-min warning. This is the newest of many reasons I love attending Rideout's events. Tomorrow's competition will run markedly earlier, which I'm sure will keep everyone happy, especially the out-of-towners. He's a "pro TD"... cheers, Mike.

Does anyone have a differing opinion or has Mr. Rideout stumbled upon a new Best Practice?
    anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Lunch at the site instead of a player's pack = major win! Play, eat immediately after turning in the card, play again, go home to deal with life. For those of us who are in a time crunch this works out well. Mark Kilmer nailed it two weeks ago at the same venue.

FSO has been money, too! Thank you to all you TD's who put in the time to organize these events! :high5:
      Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Thanks Mike for an amazing weekend of golf! Best A tier ever!
        Team DISCRAFT
        NW Sign Up
        Gorilla Boy
        Paragon Disc Golf
        Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
          Thanks Mike for an amazing weekend of golf! Best A tier ever!
          Of course it is the best when you win. Congrats!

Thanks Mike and everyone that helped.
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I was short on volunteers this year, but the spotters that were out there really made those new holes on the Northwest course flow.

Huge thanks to Kevin Holland & Rob Smith for keeping theirs eyes on the dangers of SE 12 (the road shot back from the ravine).

It was awesome to see Brittany Toporke out there on SE 4 watching for wayward plastic drifting into the tall grass.

And HOLY COW!!! - the stories told by players that watched Mike Huebel running all over the valley floor on SE 11 (the ravine). Sounds like he covered the entire area without missing a spot.

Without you guys out there keeping the players moving forward at a decent pace, the whole tournament's quality level drops.

Then, out of the blue, I had players that, without any arranged plan, went out and started taking down the signage for the event. This kind of thing is a huge help. I often dread the days after the event when I'm making certain the courses return to the their natural state within a reasonable amount of time.

To all the volunteers - Thank You! for all your hard work.
            WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

I had a fun time hanging out and watching/photographing the competition on Sunday. The resulting PHOTO HIGHLIGHTS are posted on my flickr page. Cheers, EE

Comment

Originally posted by ericedge View Post
                I had a fun time hanging out and watching/photographing the competition on Sunday. The resulting PHOTO HIGHLIGHTS are posted on my flickr page. Cheers, EE
                Wow Eric, another stellar set. I particularly like these two forehand drive photos: Nate Sexton (from behind),
                and Bradley Williams (in front). The disc and player are captured beautifully!

Comment

Great shots Edge!
                  www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by CMC206 View Post
                    Great shots Edge!
                    Agreed!

Thanks for shooting
                    Team DISCRAFT
                    NW Sign Up
                    Gorilla Boy
                    Paragon Disc Golf