X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DownRiver Re-Open 2013

SCC Disc Golf Club and the SDGA will be hosting the Down River Re-Open this year April 27th and 28th. More information will be available during the following week in regards to registration costs, divisions, layout, format etc... but for now -- here is what we have. If you have any additional questions outside of what is mentioned in the following timeline, please feel free to ask.

TIMELINE FOR THE DownRiver Re-Open. (MARCH 2013)

March 24th and 25th: On the ground walk through and 'tentative' marking of additional holes, alternate pad and pin placement, OB, Mandos etc. -- PUBLIC is welcome --contact Mac 879-2555 if interested in taking part.

March 26th: Finalize paperwork and artwork -- submit for review and prepare order.

March 27th and March 28th:
    Courtesy letter (via email, snail-mail, or facebook) sent to all open players requesting RSVP and preregistration paperwork.

March 29th: Confirm and re-confirm any and ALL paperwork and submissions to higher authorities (PDGA, SDGA, Innova, SCC, WSS, etc...) Upon verbal or written confirmation from said entities, online registration for ALL divisions will be available.

March 30th and 31st:
    Easter weekend -- TD will be on the ground at Downriver throughout the weekend setting up again "temporary" markings for the upcoming event, and preparing notes for the Caddy-Book.

Thanks for all your input and excitement about the tournament so far. Looking forward to running this event! There will be an April updated timeline as well. I will try and keep the day to day information posted as available. Stay tuned
    Last edited by Sgt_Mac; March 24th, 2013, 08:20 AM.

caddy-book . you got to write a book on all the changes or what ??
    PDGA # 52916
    CRDGC
    TCDGC
    FWWDGC
    PDGC

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
      caddy-book . you got to write a book on all the changes or what ??
      A caddy book is just a VERY nice thing to have for tourneys if someone takes the time and effort to make them. They are a lifesaver when you are not familiar with the course layout. And with a tourney config such as this one.... I think that may be the case for more than a few of us...
      -

Comment

Just a touch of class...

We have the ability and the volunteers to put something slick together to help with the tournament layout and format. I have seen some pretty nice caddy-books over the past year, and I have to agree with that PR guy...it is a very nice addition to any event.

Comment

Layout: (Please keep in mind that this is tentative, and subject to change)

Hole 1 -- Alt placement during round 2
          Hole 2 -- Alt placement during round 2 -- Tournament OB and MANDO in effect -- Must stay Left of Rock Jetty (Marked it yesterday) and MANDO is to the left of 17 Conifir
          Hole 3 -- SAME
          Hole 4 -- SAME
          Hole 5 -- SAME
          Hole 6 -- SAME
          Hole 7 -- SAME
          Hole 8 -- SAME
          Hole 9 -- SAME MANDO to the left of first Big Pine and Short Pine -- Deep shelf on Right side is safe -- Water Permitting.
          Hole 10 -- Alt Placement during Round 1
          Hole 11 -- SAME
          Hole 12 -- Pin Placement SAME -- Tennis Courts are OB during all 3 rounds
          Hole 13 -- Island shot (ala' GSO-2012)
          Hole 14 -- SAME
          Hole 15 -- SAME
          Hole 16 -- Alt placement during round 1 & 3
          Hole 17 -- SAME -- OB Marker is the shared Rock Jetty with Fairway #2. PROS -- No Drop -- retee. AM -- Drop Zone should be on trail just at the bottom of the 17 trail.
          Hole 18 -- Alt placement during round 2

ROUND 3 OPEN /ADVANCED HOLES:
          Hole 19 -- 17 Tee-Pad to Pin 2 in its current location
          Hole 20 -- 3 Tee-Pad to Pin 5 -- Check images in the Tourney Information HQ Post found here
          Hole 20
          Hole 21 -- Old 6 Pad to Current Pin 9. Check images found here: Hole 21

ROUND 3 AM HOLES:
          Hole 19 -- 17 to Pin 11 Check images here: Am Hole 19
          Hole 20 -- TBA
          Hole 21 -- TBA

ROUND 3 REC / JR HOLES:
          NONE

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt_Mac View Post
            Hole 9 -- SAME MANDO to the left of first Big Pine and Short Pine -- Deep shelf on Right side is safe -- Water Permitting.
            Do you mean mando RIGHT here?
            -

Comment

Mando to the right there...would put you in the water. standard tourney Mando -- ala back to the City Cup .. There is a big pine on the right hand side near the rivers edge. Just in front of it (about 60 feet or so) is another scraggly looking Charlie Brown Pine -- about 3 feet tall...you must stay to the LEFT of those two trees.

I will post pics soon...since they will be used for the caddy book.

Comment

I just wanted to play in the tourney
                PDGA # 52916
                CRDGC
                TCDGC
                FWWDGC
                PDGC

Comment

Mando to the right there...would put you in the water. standard tourney Mando -- ala back to the City Cup .. There is a big pine on the right hand side near the rivers edge. Just in front of it (about 60 feet or so) is another scraggly looking Charlie Brown Pine -- about 3 feet tall...you must stay to the LEFT of those two trees.

I will post pics soon...since they will be used for the caddy book.
                  oh my bad I guess I don't know what trees you're talking about... I assumed it was the big guy in the middle of the fairway separating fairway 6 and 9

Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
                  I just wanted to play in the tourney
                  Play on playa and enjoy the caddy book if you wish!
                  -

Comment

caddy book/ tee signs

As far as caddy books are concerned, they are cool, and expensive. A CLEAR informative Tee Sign is just as good.

Comment

Online Registration is now open! Enjoy
                      http://www.4discgolf.com/DR_RE

Comment

I agree...have tried in the past but could never pull the trigger after weighing better payout vs cool little book. So far my tee signs seem to work

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                        As far as caddy books are concerned, they are cool, and expensive. A CLEAR informative Tee Sign is just as good.

Comment

No money will be spent out of players entry fee for the caddy book -- college perks

Comment

No money will be spent out of players entry fee for the caddy book -- college perks
                            well in that case Caddy Books for all
                            PDGA # 52916
                            CRDGC
                            TCDGC
                            FWWDGC
                            PDGC

Comment