X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night League in Vancouver Starts March 9th

This spring VCDG is going to be running a Monday Night League starting March 9th. The exact format of each night and the season has yet to be determined.

Cost: $3.00 per person per night
    Prizes: Each night the winner(s) will be given prizes!
    Who: All ages, all skill levels, all genders.
    Format:We will mix this up each week. Singles, Doubles, Team, birdies only, CTP contests, lucky score, to name a few.
    Scoring:We will be using DiscGolfScene.com to track scoring.
    Benefits: We will use proceeds from this event to help pay for cement tee pads at Leverich Park DGC. You will have fun, you will meet new players, your game will improve.

If you have prizes to donate send me an e-mail or bring them each week.

Check out http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues...ng_League_2009 for more details, scoring, etc.

Monday night league

I have a few questions about the monday night league:
    Where is the league going to play?
    Will the location be the same throughout the season?

I am pretty new to the sport and this will be my first organized event if I am able to play. Not sure how any of it works, but I am excited to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Disc-o Flyer View Post
      I have a few questions about the monday night league:
      Where is the league going to play?
      Will the location be the same throughout the season?

I am pretty new to the sport and this will be my first organized event if I am able to play. Not sure how any of it works, but I am excited to try.
      The League is going to start at Leverich next week for sure. There may be a week or two that we play at Glenwood just to mix it up. This is a very laid back event with some awesome people and is great for beginners on up. Come and check it out on Monday and see what you think.

My personal vote is to mix it up and do a random draw doubles one week and something else the next. Leverich I think will be a really fun doubles course and it's great for beginners.
      Member of Stumptown DG #82
      Member of PDGA #34367

Comment

Awesome. I am definitely going to hit one or two of these up. If nothing more, I would like to contribute to the concrete tee pads in this great park.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Title of thread changed from May 9th to March 9th.

Comment

Thanks, Scott. I totally meant to do that and got sidetracked with that work stuff.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

For details, scoring, etc. go to http://tr.im/h9dd

Comment

Despite the fact that I've live in Portland over 20 years of my life, I don't think I've ever driven up to Vancouver on a weekday evening. Does anyone have an idea what traffic is typically like coming up I-5 around this time on a monday? Something tells me it isn't so good. Does anyone have a strategy for getting to Leverich on time without spending most of the afternoon in traffic?

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                  Does anyone have a strategy for getting to Leverich on time without spending most of the afternoon in traffic?
                  Go three hours early.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

If you carpool between the hours of 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. you can use the carpool lane, right up until things get really nasty for the bridge. Even so, I had to drive from Lloyd Center to Vancouver last Thursday around 3:30 p.m. and it took me 30 minutes in pretty heavy traffic.

The trick I've heard from the regular commuters that don't carpool is to stay in the right lane until you are on Hayden Island (Janzten Beach), then head to the left lane until after you cross the bridge.

Comment

Week #2 - Green Discs only!

For week #2 in honor of St. Patty's day all players will be limited to 3 GREEN discs. There will be a penalty of 1 stroke for if you choose to play with a disc that isn't green. Regardless you can only play with a total of three discs for the evening. Choose wisely!

Comment

Week #4 March 30th, we are playing at Glenwood. The format will be two rounds (18 holes) and we will start at 6 p.m. The weather will be awesome and we will have close to a dozen Stumptown Bag Tags on the line!

Comment

Doubles tonight at Leverich Park. Only $3 per person. Prizes for top doubles team. Random Draw. 6 p.m. Tee off, 5:45 sign up. Bag Tags challenge optional for bag tag players.

Comment

Last night of the Leverich Spring League. We are playing singles tonight 24 holes. Stumptown Bag Tags will be on the line! We'll be giving prizes to all League players that have scored the minimum number of points for the season.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X