World's Biggest DG 2013- SAT, May 4th "REVENGE OF ROC vs BUZZZ" N.A.D.- Bremerton Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's Biggest DG 2013- SAT, May 4th "REVENGE OF ROC vs BUZZZ" N.A.D.- Bremerton

That's right, It's Back for a revenge!

The West Sound Disc Golf Association is pleased to announce this event as part of a weekend full of no cost disc golf events on our courses.

Revenge of Roc vs. Buzzz is the Saturday afternoon component of the weekend's events. (there's a doubles in the morning at 9am at NAD also)

Playing Details
    (website still pending to be linky-ed up to wsdga homepage)

Time: 1:00 pm
    Cost: None!

Why this location for Roc vs Buzzz? N.A.D. is going to be set up for Worlds Biggest Disc Golf Weekend in the most friendly A pins (short).
    The plan will be to play from all Red (short) tees. Great par 54 course, and birdie chances will be in abundance!!

How it works

Each Participant at check in selects if they are going to play for “Team Roc” or “Team Buzzz”
    Each participant then receives a team colored scorecard
    Each Team gathers together for team photos and comaraderie

Playing groups of 4 are formed by sending out 2 Roc’ers and 2 Buzzz’ers until the larger group fills out remaining playing groups.
    Shotgun start.

Each player plays one round of disc golf with singles scoring format, with all throws counted. (Stroke play)
    One scorecard per player.

Disc limitations:

Team Roc: Limited to only “Roc” discs. (Can use and carry multiple discs, but all must qualify for selected team.)
    Examples: Roc discs in dx, star, champ, glow, KCPro,r-pro... ALL variants, including superRoc, classic roc, Roc+, USDGC thrower Roc,Roc3, blah,blah,blah etc.

Team Buzzz: Limited to only “Buzzz” discs. (Can use and carry multiple discs, but all must qualify for selected team)
    Examples: Buzzz discs in ProD, ESP, Z, Cryztal, glow, Supercolor,... ALL variants, including BuzzzSS and BuzzzGT, blah,blah,blah ....titanium... etc.

Note *****No Putters! Only Roc or Buzzzes*****

go west sound

Scoring for the Battle

Scorecards are returned with round throw totals filled out
    Note: scores will be observed as recorded, however a maximum allowable score will be set at 70. This means that a score of 92 or 115 will be adjusted to a 70 before all data is processed. The host will have the opportunity to address a DNF, or “Did Not Finish”. A DNF may be assigned a score of 70 as well.

Categories to determine winner of Roc vs. Buzzz

-Team of Best Score earner
    -Team with Better Median Score
    - Team with Better Mean Average Score
    - Best Mean Average of Top 6 (best) of each team
    - Team with Highest percentage of players under course par

5 categories = odd number of categories

In case of crazy crazy crazy tie with tied categories, I'm thinking the fall back would be a massive winner takes all the glory for the team ctp at NAD from "the usual spot".

Scoring categories are redundant? Sure some are, some seem that way, and some may surprise us afterward. We'll do the math so you don't have to - Don't spend too much time thinking about it!

Group size disparity between Roc'ers and Buzzzers? I'm quite sure the groups will be different sizes! If you have a vested interest... get the players with skills to play for your team!

Comment

Let the Trash Talking begin....
      Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
      Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Nice work guys
        This sounds like fun
        No limit on number of players, correct?

Comment

No limit on players

Team Roc was the smaller contingent last year.

So... Team Roc will ask that terrible players consider joining team Buzzz, and Team Buzzz will ask all newbie players to try out a Roc.

Comment

Here'e the weekend poster!

Comment

i have been throwing all 7 of my buzzzs in preparation for this
              trying to figure out exactly which does what

Comment

Looks like fun...maybe future years could expand to Roc v Buzzz v Other (Lat64, Prodigy, MVP, etc)...So you're not just first or last!
                PDGA 42602
                Chainbangerz DGC #32

Comment

Team Roc can use classic roc's? Seems odd, they are completely different molds. I love my buzzzes but I would want to play team Roc just so I could use a classic roc for putting.

Comment

"Roc v Buzzz 2013" just raised the stakes!

The Top Roc score earner and the Top Buzzz are getting special awards!
                    (may need playoffs if there are ties, as there are only two plaques in existence)

Started carving work on the special one of a kind plaques.
                    Still finish and color work to come.

go west sound

Comment

^^^ very cool

Comment

Very cool trophies, B. Do I see dental tools in the background in that photo? lol
                        Basket thieves

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                          i have been throwing all 7 of my buzzzs in preparation for this
                          trying to figure out exactly which does what
                          Now that I have a new West Sound Challenge Z Buzzz and I also just got a Z Buzzz SS and Crystal Buzzz in the mail today
                          i'm getting close to being ready
                          Go Team Buzzz

Comment

I just happen to have a stash of Dyed Z Buzzzes with the 2013 West Sound Challenge Hotstamp.

I'll have them with me at the Roc vs Buzzz Event for purchase ($20).

Go Team Buzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
                              I just happen to have a stash of Dyed Z Buzzzes with the 2013 West Sound Challenge Hotstamp.

I'll have them with me at the Roc vs Buzzz Event for purchase ($20).

Go Team Buzzz

nice

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X