Woodland Creek Classic. April 28th, 2013, Woodland Ceek Park, Lacey, WA Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodland Creek Classic. April 28th, 2013, Woodland Ceek Park, Lacey, WA

The SPSDGA along with Package Express are proud to announce....

The "Woodland Creek Classic".

Sunday April 28th, 2013
    Woodland Creek Park, Lacey, WA
    1 day, 2 rounds of 18. (9 hole course + 9 temp holes)
    PDGA "C" tier (course fundraiser)
    Title sponsor Package Express
    TD Andrew Skovran andysko@gmail.com

Online sign ups through 4discgolf.com. Registration is open.

This will be our first tourney at "The Creek", and its only fitting that it will be a fundraiser tourney to support the course. It will be a 1 day PDGA "c" tier.
    We will be playing the 9 hole course, plus 9 temp holes set up through out the park. 2 rounds of 18, with lunch provided.

WCP is a beautiful park covering 72 acres. There is a great mix of dense wooded area and manicured grass areas. There will be a nice transition from the existing course and its tight technical holes to the temp holes and their big arm bombs. Expect water to come into play at least once or twice.

Please contact Andrew Skovran with questions, or respond to this thread. Info will be posted here as it is released.
    Last edited by olydiscgolf; April 5th, 2013, 09:48 AM.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
    The SPSDGA along with Package Express are proud to announce....

The "Woodland Creek Classic".

Sunday April 28th, 2013
    Woodland Creek Park, Lacey, WA
    1 day, 2 rounds of 18. (9 hole course + 9 temp holes)
    PDGA "C" tier (course fundraiser)
    Title sponsor Package Express
    TD Andrew Skovran andysko@gmail.com

This will be our first tourney at "The Creek", and its only fitting that it will be a fundraiser tourney to support the course. It will be a 1 day PDGA "c" tier.
    We will be playing the 9 hole course, plus 9 temp holes set up through out the park. 2 rounds of 18, with lunch provided.

WCP is a beautiful park covering 72 acres. There is a great mix of dense wooded area and manicured grass areas. There will be a nice transition from the existing course and its tight technical holes to the temp holes and their big arm bombs. Expect water to come into play at least once or twice.

Please contact Andrew Skovran with questions, or respond to this thread. Info will be posted here as it is released.
    Sign ups? When, where, cost? Coming up quick. I guess I'm being preemptive here as you said info posted as it released. I will wait
    "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
      Sign ups? When, where, cost? Coming up quick. I guess I'm being preemptive here as you said info posted as it released. I will wait
      Andrew is working out the details for online sign ups, we hope to have it open the beginning of next week. Stay tuned here for more info.

Comment

We started the design of the temp holes tonight. Everybody involved is pretty excited about the lay out!

Comment

I wont miss this one cant wait
          It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

Plan on a group from West Sound to attend the inaugral "Woodland Creek Classic".

Comment

Originally posted by spanky11 View Post
              I wont miss this one cant wait
              Thanks Jason. It will be good to have you come down!

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
                Plan on a group from West Sound to attend the inaugral "Woodland Creek Classic".
                Sweet!

Comment

I'm definitely making the trip North for this one Chris. I will try to bring some peeps as well.

Comment

Originally posted by columbia gorge discgolf View Post
                    I'm definitely making the trip North for this one Chris. I will try to bring some peeps as well.
                    Me.
                    Don't knock it until you rock it!

Comment

Was kinda thinking the marshmallow kind but I guess you will have to do Grummert.

Comment

Today Mr. Gilberts showed me the possible lay out for the temp holes for the Woodland Creek Classic. Some very fun holes are planned! A few challenging water holes, long bombers, and plenty of tight and technical holes on the permanent course. It's a great piece of property.

Comment

I agree that the course is Awsome. Just wish there was more land. My best was a -5 and its not easy, easy trouble to get into. Looking forward to this one. I always get excited for temp holes because usually they are out of the ordinary and challenging.
                          It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

Online regs through 4discgolf.com are open. We will do day of sign ups if there is still room, but online is preferred.
                            Last edited by olydiscgolf; April 5th, 2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                              Online regs through 4discgolf.com will be open in a couple of days 4-1'ish-2013. We will do day of sign ups if there is still room, but online is preferred.
                              still not up on 4discgolf....any word on when?
                              "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X