X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 WA State series Updated

I can't believe it. The series starts in one month with the traditional opener Windy River Open at Columbia River Park. The newly re-formed old Tri Cities club has been hard at work showing why it's been the kick off of the NW DG season for nearly 15 years. Hooray!!!

We are finalizing a 16 event series for 2013. Finals: City Cup in Sept
    We have 3 first time venues this year.
    Spring Classic 5/19 is returning as the first West side qualifier
    Yakima is returning as the last East side qualifier
    Some events have changed weekends Some have tweaked their formats.

We have ordered our TFR's Glo KC Pro Roc $17, M/F Destroyer, Gator,Tern $20
    $300 shopping cart: contents and dispersion TBD

Get the jump on this years dates.
    Keep an eye on your email if you played any series event last year. We are working on a mailing releasing the finalized series dates, deals and promotions putting you ahead of the rest.

One thing is for sure it won't be a joke!
    rewindb.com

I really hope it's not a joke like last year. I swear everyone got so screwed last year and most are oblivious to it. Also is it going to be the state series or the east side series with a couple in Seattle.
    "Procrastination is like masturbation, at first it feels good but, after awhile you realize your just screwing yourself!".
    -K Gas

Comment

Originally posted by kylesmart View Post
      I really hope it's not a joke like last year. I swear everyone got so screwed last year and most are oblivious to it. Also is it going to be the state series or the east side series with a couple in Seattle.
      +1

I would love to know the population comparison for east vs. west here....
      "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

How do you feel you got screwed? How was it a joke?
        www.rewindb.com

Comment

The money collected and the scrip dispersed does not add up. Nor do I think it will this year. Last years players unknowingly had 1000 taken out so that this year had a budget of 1000 to start rather than 0. I'm sorry but I have ran a tourney knowing that ill get x dollars back so I forked out 800 plus from my own pocket to make sure all players got stuff back. The pot should 0 out. I also participated two years straight 1 in intermediate 2011 and advanced 2012. I got third in intermediate and got 230 in script. 1st got like 300 in script and a full size basket. I got 1st in advanced last year and got 120 in script. Did I mention there was less money in the total pot in 2011 because there was only 6 events where as 2012 there was 11. That sir is why I feel I personally got screwed over. And also everyone else who seems to be oblivious to the dibbachory that has become the wss or the eastern Washington state series.
          "Procrastination is like masturbation, at first it feels good but, after awhile you realize your just screwing yourself!".
          -K Gas

Comment

Originally posted by CMC206 View Post
            How do you feel you got screwed? How was it a joke?
            I do not have a screwed over story myself nor do I feel it was a joke... however I did find it a bummer I couldn't get to the final and this year I won't be able to either as it is further east. I can't get to that many east events, last year all I could make out east was Sushi. That being said I'm sure it is hard for east to come west, understandable. Wish there could be a east championship and west championship to count towards it you know...but that is dumb I know. Wish more events out west counted towards it is all.
            So, I was not screwed over...just bummed I could not try and place because the final was in tricities at a horrible time for me to get away. I was sitting ok-ish but couldn't do anything about it last year. Now this year the finals will be even further away in spokane. Anywho.....I digress.

I appreciate all the hard work that goes into the WSS, I know it's very difficult to coordinate events and TD's across a whole state. Thank you!

Comment

The money collected and the scrip dispersed does not add up. Nor do I think it will this year. Last years players unknowingly had 1000 taken out so that this year had a budget of 1000 to start rather than 0. I'm sorry but I have ran a tourney knowing that ill get x dollars back so I forked out 800 plus from my own pocket to make sure all players got stuff back. The pot should 0 out. I also participated two years straight 1 in intermediate 2011 and advanced 2012. I got third in intermediate and got 230 in script. 1st got like 300 in script and a full size basket. I got 1st in advanced last year and got 120 in script. Did I mention there was less money in the total pot in 2011 because there was only 6 events where as 2012 there was 11. That sir is why I feel I personally got screwed over. And also everyone else who seems to be oblivious to the dibbachory that has become the wss or the eastern Washington state series.
              Congrats to the WSS staff for setting aside a start up fund, and having the forethought and vision of making the series self sustainable and less of a burden on the players. Its making the tough decisions that make a good manager. And thank you Kyle for your donation towards the future.
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Hey Kyle. The numbers from last year added up, I painfully reviewed them myself, and they were posted publicly. Would you like to see them?

It was stated from the beginning of planning the 2012 WSS that X amount of dollars was to be saved to help promote the WSS and to get a jump start on purchasing CFRs. This was agreed upon by the majority of the people who were participating in the planning. I believe 2013 has ~$1000 to utilize this year compared to ~$360 held over from 2011.

Two years ago there were more sponsors and fundraising for the WSS. This is the main reason why the pay out was larger in previous years.

I do not know why you expect the organizers of the WSS to personally donate their money to the WSS so that participants can get prizes of higher value.

Last year you personally put ~$12-$24 into the prize pool and received ~$120 in retail scrip. Not to bad, but not as good as the previous years.
                Last edited by Mr. Anderson; March 19th, 2013, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Sour Grapes or Smoke and Mirrors

This is not a perfect world nor a perfect series. There are 17 people who give freely of their time towards trying to make it one. Kyle is one of them. Unfortunately, his group participation has been inconsistent at best. He has been given almost 15 months to participate but has chosen to air his gripes here. So be it.

Lets compare 2011 to 2012

Events 6 + final $3 per player
                  650 total participants
                  4-6 to qualify, mandatory final * generated $150 in player fees
                  $3000 generated <$350> nest egg for 2012
                  $2650 for 17 qualifiers paid out 100%

Events 11 + final $3 per player
                  1050 total participants
                  4-11 to qualify, mandatory final *generated $450 in player fees
                  $3700 generated <$950> nest egg for 2013
                  115 qualifiers $2750 57 attended finals all but 3 where paid 95%

* these fees where generated and paid after the final numbers had been crunched

The $950 net egg has allowed us to actually hire an artist and purchase the TFR's/$300 "Gold" shopping cart I mentioned before. There is still about $200 left after the invoice from Innova.

Schedule: A couple of things go into setting it up.
                  Travel: was our first priority. hence more regional qualifiers.
                  Finals: In the beginning the finals were always at Lakewood the third weekend in Sept . Travel was not a consideration. Several years ago It was decided that ..." in an effort to be fair to all DG throughout the state the finals should rotate between the 4 major regions of the state" Sea-Tac-Kitsap, Spokane, Wentachee and Tri Cities-Walla Walla.

(2010 Spokane, 2011 Kitsap, 2012 Tri Cities, 2013 Spokane, 2014 will be the 40th anniversary of the State championships/Newland so it being the final is a no brain er in my mind.)

Our goal is $3600 total ~$2700 purse $900 egg
                  We are looking into how best to reach these goals. The easiest way is to continue the $3/player. Then the fundraising is easy. It has been suggested (but not yet approved by the group) of the possibility of lowering is not dropping the $3 all together. By doing this we need to have our fundraising be at its maximum.
                  1. The TFR's can generate between $1800-$2000.
                  2. The shopping cart can be the priming of series final raffle pump
                  3. The series required basket toss 10 qualifiers, $100 for 2 day events 5/$50 for one day.
                  4. Basket toss Insurance
                  Last edited by LJ Jubner; March 19th, 2013, 08:07 AM.
                  rewindb.com

Comment

so there you go kyle. A couple of excelent explainations by a couple of decent men. If you cant take their word, than your just an unreasonable idiot. Apologize now and move on. Your false rants are fun to read, try something real like bigfoot. Discgolfers for the ethical treatment of Yetis and Bigfoots. Im in.

Comment

.....OOOPS

....I misspoke. I said decent men and realized Gilby was up there. REQOUTE: ...two decent men and Gilby.....

Comment

Next year the finals should be over on the west....if a club steps up

Hoping to see a North Bonny event...hey anyone who has power...make it happen....

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
                        I do not have a screwed over story myself nor do I feel it was a joke... however I did find it a bummer I couldn't get to the final and this year I won't be able to either as it is further east. I can't get to that many east events, last year all I could make out east was Sushi. That being said I'm sure it is hard for east to come west, understandable. Wish there could be a east championship and west championship to count towards it you know...but that is dumb I know. Wish more events out west counted towards it is all.
                        So, I was not screwed over...just bummed I could not try and place because the final was in tricities at a horrible time for me to get away. I was sitting ok-ish but couldn't do anything about it last year. Now this year the finals will be even further away in spokane. Anywho.....I digress.

I appreciate all the hard work that goes into the WSS, I know it's very difficult to coordinate events and TD's across a whole state. Thank you!

Comment

something to note when looking at the numbers is that we offered more divisions then previous years had as well. By no means has the series been perfect but those parties that would like to see things change are always welcome to the planning table.

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                          This is not a perfect world nor a perfect series. There are 17 people who give freely of their time towards trying to make it one. Kyle is one of them. Unfortunately, his group participation has been inconsistent at best. He has been given almost 15 months to participate but has chosen to air his gripes here. So be it.

Lets compare 2011 to 2012

Events 6 + final $3 per player
                          650 total participants
                          4-6 to qualify, mandatory final * generated $150 in player fees
                          $3000 generated <$350> nest egg for 2012
                          $2650 for 17 qualifiers paid out 100%

Events 11 + final $3 per player
                          1050 total participants
                          4-11 to qualify, mandatory final *generated $450 in player fees
                          $3700 generated <$950> nest egg for 2013
                          115 qualifiers $2750 57 attended finals all but 3 where paid 95%

* these fees where generated and paid after the final numbers had been crunched

The $950 net egg has allowed us to actually hire an artist and purchase the TFR's/$300 "Gold" shopping cart I mentioned before. There is still about $200 left after the invoice from Innova.

Schedule: A couple of things go into setting it up.
                          Travel: was our first priority. hence more regional qualifiers.
                          Finals: In the beginning the finals were always at Lakewood the third weekend in Sept . Travel was not a consideration. Several years ago It was decided that ..." in an effort to be fair to all DG throughout the state the finals should rotate between the 4 major regions of the state" Sea-Tac-Kitsap, Spokane, Wentachee and Tri Cities-Walla Walla.

(2010 Spokane, 2011 Kitsap, 2012 Tri Cities, 2013 Spokane, 2014 will be the 40th anniversary of the State championships/Newland so it being the final is a no brain er in my mind.)

Our goal is $3600 total ~$2700 purse $900 egg
                          We are looking into how best to reach these goals. The easiest way is to continue the $3/player. Then the fundraising is easy. It has been suggested (but not yet approved by the group) of the possibility of lowering is not dropping the $3 all together. By doing this we need to have our fundraising be at its maximum.
                          1. The TFR's can generate between $1800-$2000.
                          2. The shopping cart can be the priming of series final raffle pump
                          3. The series required basket toss 10 qualifiers, $100 for 2 day events 5/$50 for one day.
                          4. Basket toss Insurance

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                            Several years ago It was decided that ..." in an effort to be fair to all DG throughout the state the finals should rotate between the 4 major regions of the state" Sea-Tac-Kitsap, Spokane, Wentachee and Tri Cities-Walla Walla.

[/LIST]
                            I agree with all reasoning, all makes sense to me...I would just like to point out that 3/4 regions lie east of the Cascades.......and Sea-Tac-Kitsap does not include Steily, Olympia, Shelton area. I agree...I guess someone needs to step up. Ugh. But you know, 2/4 on each side of the natural (in my mind) divide of the state, the Cascades, sure would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
                              I agree with all reasoning, all makes sense to me...I would just like to point out that 3/4 regions lie east of the Cascades.......and Sea-Tac-Kitsap does not include Steily, Olympia, Shelton area. I agree...I guess someone needs to step up. Ugh. But you know, 2/4 on each side of the natural (in my mind) divide of the state, the Cascades, sure would be nice.
                              When I said Sea -Tac I meant Seattle and Tacoma Shelton/Oly is certainly also in that group
                              rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X