"Discing at the Depot 2013" N.A.D. park - Saturday April 13th - 2 round "C" tier Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Discing at the Depot 2013" N.A.D. park - Saturday April 13th - 2 round "C" tier

West Sound Disc Golf Association, along with our sponsors, are proud to present

Discing at the Depot 2013

This is a one day, two round event at beautiful N.A.D. park in Bremerton, WA.
    N.A.D. is short for Naval Ammunitions Depot, yet the only bombs dropping at the park are the ones you're throwing on the course!

PDGA sanctioned charity "C" tier.

This is the first event in the WSDGA supported "West Sound Challenge Series 2013" and is the kick off to the six event season. However, you do not have to be playing the series to attend! With the West Sound Challenge series, its easy and affordable to play one, several, or all of them.

One day, two rounds. Come join us for this one and get a one day tournament fix at a great value!

$25 entry (includes disc)
    Ace prize included
    Door prizes!
    Trophies for event play

More information can be found including sign up details at www.wsdga.org and by following the link to the website home of the West Sound Challenge 2013 series.

go west sound!

So does this event not have an intermediate division? Seems like only an Amateur division....that would clump adv and int together?
    "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

I would also like to add that I would like to sign up for this event being that it is March 1st (although early I know) but have no way to do and turn in a paper form as it is suggested on the website. So until an online form is activated I would like to say, "I'm in."

Comment

Online signups should go live later tonight. Just waiting for 4discgolf.com to finalize the listing. I'll post the hard copy flyer when online goes live.

As for divisions, the Challenge Series Amatuer division is a blend of Advanced and Intermediate. The upper end of advanced players will be competing in the Open division. For the Series trophies (required) and PDGA events trophies (recommended)

The goal of Challenge Series is to use divisions to foster more competitive play across a wide spectrum of skills and to encourage players to "test the waters" in more competitive division without the high cost of entry.

For the two PDGA sanctioned events in the series (Discing at the Depot and WS Championships), there will NOT be an intermediate division. Divisions and thier names are a funny thing and not open for discussion on this thread.

The WSC staff choose the listed divisions to keep the player divisions to a minimum and cover most skill sets.

Since this is a trophy only event, the WSC staff will encourage players with player ratings above 940 to play in the Open division.

Of course, we all know, that players with ratings 950+ should be in the Open division

Comment

Registration is live.

This event will fill. Last year we had 67 players for a one round event. For this year, we decided to make it a two round PDGA sanctioned one day event to make a fun filled day of disc golf at NAD Park.

The grand prize in the door prize drawing is going to be a full size metal basket.

Click here for online registration

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
            Registration is live.

This event will fill. Last year we had 67 players for a one round event. For this year, we decided to make it a two round PDGA sanctioned one day event to make a fun filled day of disc golf at NAD Park.

The grand prize in the door prize drawing is going to be a full size metal basket.

Click here for online registration
            Is the door prize deal one where you buy extra tickets or does everyone have one ticket?

Comment

Both.

Players get one ticket with entry. Additional tickets are available for purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
                Both.

Players get one ticket with entry. Additional tickets are available for purchase.
                OK, any idea how much tickets will cost so I know how much money to bring. I know it's early, sorry.
                Last edited by ski2man; March 2nd, 2013, 07:13 AM.

Comment

The additional door prize drawing tickets will be available for purchase for either $1 or $2. We haven't decided yet. Depends on sponsorships and amount of swag in the drawing.

In any case, the value is great.

Comment

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
                    OK, any idea how much tickets will cost so I know how much money to bring. I know it's early, sorry.
                    bring at least $10 to buy book #2!
                    Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
                    Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Registration for Event #2 in the West Sound Challenge series will open after the awards ceremony at the Discing at the Depot Event.

This will be the same policy for the remaining Challenge events.

Comment

Is there spaces still open?

Comment

Originally posted by Flex Steel View Post
                          Is there spaces still open?
                          Certainly! (4/3/13)

go to www.wsdga.org to link to downloadable paper form (great option for west sound locals) or to the online sign up option. (4discgolf)

Looking forward to having you join in at the event!

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaSquad View Post
                            bring at least $10 to buy book #2!
                            ha! right i forgot I will try to for sure.

Comment

The current registration list has been updated with the PDGA.

An Event announcment has just been sent to the West Sound email list.

So, don't delay in signing up for this annual fun filled event.

Check us out at Face Book.

Reg List

West Sound Disc Golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X