Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the results. I hope to make the next one on April 7th. It's been too long since I've played the Mound.

Comment

It was fun if not a bit crazy. The wind was nuts!
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Here's the skinny on the second LCO Fund Raiser to be held at 4 Mound on April 7, 2013 @ 8:30am.

Entries that are awarded at the LCO Fundraiser are not transferable. If you win an entry, you cannot give your Awarded entry to someone else.

For each 6 entries per division we will award 1 paid entry in that division. If 12 people play in one division, yes, two entries will be awarded.

We will be cooking Hot Dogs but are asking that if you play you bring a Pot Luck item to share at lunch
        (beans, potato or pasta salad, fresh veggie tray, chili, chips of any kind, fruit, cottage cheese, etc.).

We will be playing Cape Fear in the morning and Porcupine in the afternoon

$1 beers will be available at Lunch and afterwards.

There will be three Bonus Entries Awarded. The SDGA and the LCO together are offering One Pro Entry and One Am Entry that will awarded by drawing a name out of a hat. You must have played in one of the two fund raisers and you must be a current SDGA member. If you played in both fund raisers and are a current SDGA member you will get two tickets for the drawing. After the SDGA drawing the remaining tickets will be put in one bucket and 4 Mound Disc Golf Reserve will draw one ticket and Award one entry in whichever division you are playing in.
        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Just a note to remind any of you golfers who played the last fundraiser and those that will play tomorrow that we will be having a drawing for three paid entries into the LCO. You must be an SDGA member and played in one of the fundraisers to be eligible for the drawing. If you played in both fundraisers and are a current member you will receive two tickets in the drawing.

Comment

I will be there tomorrow to caddy and keep all those players in high spirits
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

When I went to bed last night and got up this morning I had every intention of going out to 4 Mound today for the LCO Fundraiser until I saw the rain and I realized that I did not have the intestinal fortitude today to deal with the wind and the rain. So I got up at 7, saw the rain and crawled back into bed and slept til 10 and it was glorious. I hope those who are tougher than myself had a good time. Not sure I will be able to get out to 4 Mound for a practice round before the LCO now but oh well, at least I didn't have to play in the rain I am looking forward to the LCO and another great event at 4 Mound DGR. Thanks to all who are involved with putting this event on.

Comment

Should've sucked it up and played, the advanced men's card just quit and played one round, you could've played two and taken the win! Was fun times and even more fun considering that I didn't have to play, I just had to carry a massively heavy bag that was water logged.
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

It was a rainy and windy morning when 14 brave (disc golf loving) souls, geared up and came out to compete at the Second Lilac City Open Fund Raiser @ 4 Mound Disc Golf Reserve Sunday morning. We had five Pros, four Advanced and five Intermediate players come out and play for three competition based entries and three drawing based entries. We played the Cape Fear Course first and it was tough going with the rain, wind and hail that came and went throughout the morning round. The players certainly where glad for the extended lunch break while clothes dried out, Gordy served up some salad, hot dogs with fixin's, macaroni salad and those famous Gordy's Sichuan Cafe dumplings.

After lunch the Advanced players decide to throw in the towel as Darrin Case was 9 strokes ahead and they didn't feel like walking in the rain any more. Rain it did during the second round, but only for a few holes and then things calmed down and the sun peaked it's head out here and there for the rest of the afternoon.

David Bodey pulled through to win the Pro Division
                  Darrin Case cleaned up in the Advanced Division and
                  Casey Bancroft edged out Jason Carver by one stroke to win the Intermediate Division.

In the SDGA Drawing the winners were
                  Pro - Eric Brown
                  Am - Deron Van Soest

And in the 4 Mound Sponsored Drawing the winner was
                  Am - Drew Brown

Congratulations to all those that came out and supported the LCO Fund Raisers.

We raised $350 for the Lilac City Open, these funds will benefit the combined LCO purses.

Again, thanks to all those players that supported these fund raisers.

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X