The Showdown III, Aug. 17-18, 2013, Shelton Springs DGC, Shelton, WA Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Svelte - smart, witty, and has BS deflector field

"it doesn't matter how much BS they fling at svelte, he deflects it"

OR (from a day dreaming MACO captain)

Adj. 1. svelte - showing a high degree of refinement and the assurance that comes from wide social experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
      Svelte - smart, witty, and has BS deflector field

"it doesn't matter how much BS they fling at svelte, he deflects it"

OR (from a day dreaming MACO captain)

Adj. 1. svelte - showing a high degree of refinement and the assurance that comes from wide social experience.
      Are you calling my wife a liar?

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Danni

A wife has her "ways" of getting what she wants

Comment

Big thanks to Rex and Perissa Grey for coming through with camping/ Sat. night players party for the Showdown! We weren't fortunate enough to access Mason Lake this year, but the Grey property should prove to be just as much fun! There will be a course set up on the property and Rex is excited to fire up his new grill for your BBQing pleasure. As always the players party will be included in your registration, a small charge will apply to campers. RVs and tents are welcome.
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Woah!... at first glance at the req. players uniform I thought .... orange jumpsuit...?

I thought theres no way I'll be able to compete with the Shelton boys... they have all that experience wearing them!

Comment

So being totally new to all this since it is a pro/am event does this mean participants need to be registered with pdga or does that matter? Also what was the entry fee last year? Gotta start figuring all this out early. Wives have ways of saying no irrevocably, but a smart husband can present things in the proper light to make it a yes. Just wish my wife played. Last time she tried I almost took a disc to the face 3 times. Late release, check!

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Jones View Post
                So being totally new to all this since it is a pro/am event does this mean participants need to be registered with pdga or does that matter? Also what was the entry fee last year? Gotta start figuring all this out early. Wives have ways of saying no irrevocably, but a smart husband can present things in the proper light to make it a yes. Just wish my wife played. Last time she tried I almost took a disc to the face 3 times. Late release, check!
                This tourney is a "B" tier PDGA event, so participants do not have to be PDGA members to play. Current PDGA members receive a $10 discount on their registration. Entry fee last year was around $75/ Amature ($65 PDGA) and $95/ Pro ($85 PDGA). This years registration costs have not been finalized yet, I would assume them to be a little higher, but comparable.

Comment

This just in.... MPO champion is guaranteed at least $1000 cash. Add in at least $900 worth of skins... Could be a nice weekend for somebody.

Don't think we forget about the AM's... the MA1 Champ always walks away with a brand new basket!

Regs will open soon, I will give a two week notice here before they do. Stay tuned!

Comment

That buys a lot a pie. Capped Divisions?
                    "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                    PDGA # 42821
                    Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolly View Post
                      That buys a lot a pie. Capped Divisions?
                      yes.

Comment

The Showdown in Sheltown III registration will go live on Monday June 3rd at 6:00pm, @ 4discgolf.com. We filled up in less than a week last year, and expect to be even faster this year.

Comment

I see the trend of getting into this event very difficult. Perhaps in a few years, those that have not missed a year will get an exclusive invitational only event. Just to make it that more epic.. To quote.. "It just keeps getting better!!"
                          "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                          PDGA # 42821
                          Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

A week and a half to go for registration to open... June 3rd, 6:00 pm, 4discgolf.com

Comment

22 hours to go...

Comment

WTF I thought it was 6pm not am

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X