X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not all can be great for Aloha......

I am sad to inform everyone that we are not able to have the players party at the Elks. Jon and Paul from Aloha Sushi did not go into the details and I just found out about it.

We will just revert back to what we have done in the years past....show up with your buddies to Aloha Sushi and wash away the rounds with Sake Bombs and Sushi.

Those interested I will be there about 7pm but feel free to go whenever you like. They usually only stay open til 9 but if we are eating and drinking....they will not kick us out

Years past if they knew you were with the tournament they either treated you very kindly with portions or gave a discount or sometimes both. Either way the food is delicious

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
      I don't think having 5somes on each hole is a big deal. Traditionally, the WA St. Series has filled at most venues, with 5 on a hole.
      Adding ghost groups, on the other hand, can really piss people off if there's a backup anywhere on the course.
      Just tossing in my 2 cents worth.
      Stimp
      I agree! Got stuck behind an intermediate women ghost group a couple weekends ago at the Disco Ball and it prolonged the round by 2 hours!!! Although it was extra windy and 27 holes, but still. The next day they spread those girls out into other groups and the speed of play was MUCH faster!

Comment

Originally posted by beccat View Post
        I agree! Got stuck behind an intermediate women ghost group a couple weekends ago at the Disco Ball and it prolonged the round by 2 hours!!! Although it was extra windy and 27 holes, but still. The next day they spread those girls out into other groups and the speed of play was MUCH faster!
        No need to worry about ghost groups...I managed to arrange groups so there are none....just fivesomes on the adv and open mens flight

Comment

Looking for an Advanced GM or Advanced Master wanting to play this weekend...

509-301-6789 will be up til midnight

Comment

pdga is updated with the first two rounds with correct course settings etc

Comment

Thank you all for making Aloha a success.

Pdga is updated......sorry it took so long had to clean up tourney central, get all the baskets picked up (including flags etc), drop the trailer and the garbage off, and find some food.

Comment

If anyone knows what happened with that last round, it would be an awesome play by play. I thought Kyle Crabtree was in 4th or 5th at the beginning of the round but ended up at 2nd (General Scales speculated that Kyle would take the Sushi this year). would love to hear the story. Congrats to Mr. Keegan on an awesome win.

Comment

I spent some time after getting food in the belly looking over future dates for Aloha.

We will not move to before the Windy River Open
                  Third weekend of April- Windy River Open
                  4th weekend of April (last full weekend)- Ren Faire at Whitman which brings alot of people to the area. Pros to it is that some hotel space is available. The big con is people would have to choose between WRO and ASC for two weekends in a row of travel is too much for most of us. It is also the wone big dog show that WW does...and there is something else going on.
                  Also to maintain the course we need the weekend before ASC to work work work...this would make it so we locals could not support our big brothers up in Tri Cities.

Second weekend in May...mothers day (not going to tread there) and then to top it off it is Balloon Stampede Weekend....hotels are even harder to find.

Third weekend of may usually the weekend before Memorial Day is well in the same boat as WRO and ASC would be...having to make a choice between two events. I am sure LCO likes the weekend event before the event to make sure that everything is ready...maintenance wise. Oh and its the graduation week for the two big colleges in town.

Memorial Day weekend (lco) and even if it was open....we would not take it for we feel as a club it is a family weekend and opening of true camping season.

June is out of the question due to the number of disc events and club member commitments.
                  July and August...nope don't wish to kill you in the heat...disc golf is suppose to be fun.

Of course things change (two new hotels are in the planning/final city approval stages...but the best thing is to reserve a hotel early or find a yard to camp in. I will work with the city about getting us something in the future...hopefully at FWW.
                  Oh moving before Windy is not on the table due to the course...spring just has not had its time on the trees, flowers, grass, etc.

Thank you again to all you players who make Aloha such a blast to be a TD of.
                  -kris

Comment

Originally posted by bstullis View Post
                    If anyone knows what happened with that last round, it would be an awesome play by play. I thought Kyle Crabtree was in 4th or 5th at the beginning of the round but ended up at 2nd (General Scales speculated that Kyle would take the Sushi this year). would love to hear the story. Congrats to Mr. Keegan on an awesome win.
                    Kyle was in 5th going into the last round but only 3 strokes or so back from the lead. It was anybody's game with 1-10th only separated by 6 strokes.

Both Dustin and Crabtree shot solid 47's the last round. Dustin, Crabtree, Thorton and myself were all within 3-4 strokes of each other the last half of the round.

Hole 16 I throw OB long over the fence lay up for 4, Dustin takes a 3, Crabtree cans a birdie to be one stroke back from Dustin and I.

Hole 17 (man eater) Crabtree throws a nice roller within 45. Dustin throws a nice flex over the tree to land safe 70-80 out. I throw lefty to within 45 or so. Dustin makes a nice safe run, Crabtree come up an inch shy on his birdie putt. I hit my putt for birdie, never got that one before.

Hole 18 I throw my trusty eagle into a slight variable headwind that lasers 400+ feet straight down the road OB , Crabtree throws a safe hyzer 30 ft short but in a tree, Dustin throws a safe hyzer 30 ft right, I take my relief and throw my upshot 25' short into a tree. Crabtree puts through a tiny gap in the tree and smashes the top band. Dustin misses his 30ft. I hit a limb putting out of my tree. We all tap in with Dustin on top by one, Crabtree and I tied for 2nd, and Thorton one stroke back in 4th.

It was dramatic and exciting to say the least.

Comment

Fantastic shooting, I hope there is video coming from somebody
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

What a fantastic event (as always really) but most of you already know that Kris is a generous TD, and runs a well organized event... so I want to bow down to Kris as a TD champion for getting more "juniors in the game!"

Kris not only allows juniors to play, he encourages them to come. How does he do this? Because he takes just a few minutes to think about shortening the longest holes with flags. This way the kids have some birdie runs and doesn't effect the flow of play for anyone else in a tournament... WIN WIN!!

With this in mind Kris had a 7 year old young lady come play, how amazing for the sport.

Keep up everything you're doing down there Kris!!! Yeah, he makes it fun for the big kids too
                        www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

Green North Bonne sweatshirt

One of you fine disc golfers from that area left it...and I have it...let me know please...so i can mail it out to you.
                          -Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                            One of you fine disc golfers from that area left it...and I have it...let me know please...so i can mail it out to you.
                            -Kris
                            My guess would be Brandon Hansell, Jason Lewis, or Aaron Kinyon.

Comment

Originally posted by nayr View Post
                              My guess would be Brandon Hansell, Jason Lewis, or Aaron Kinyon.
                              If anyone can check with them it would be great Would love to return an awesome hoodie