Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm hoping there is going to be a lot of Spokane peeps showing up for this. Can't wait to be playing the Gut. Love that place
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

I went to Shawna's birthday party at Corbin. It's to bad these events were on the same day. I won $170 though and had a blast! Who won this tourney? Bet they didn't take home 170 lol
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
        I went to Shawna's birthday party at Corbin. It's to bad these events were on the same day. I won $170 though and had a blast! Who won this tourney? Bet they didn't take home 170 lol
        Well considering that there were four people that showed up for the whole thing (myself, Scott W, Kric C and Jack B), the tournament didn't take place. With the poor turn out that they've been having, I'm considering not running the last event since I'd be severely disappointed to buy all the OB string, string it up, mark all the mando's and drop zones and then have three people show up for it. That would be a thorn in my side.
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

I'll definitely be there with my son at the next one (Corbin in Oct?? I believe). There will be at least 3 (with you there). The Gnilf at the Gut (doesn't look as good as it sounded in my head) would have been fun to play if I wasn't a payday short. Still need to get out and play. No more Saturday only tourneys between now and the end of the season, so you better believe I'll be there.

BenT

Comment

I just found this again. I would really like to play corbin on the 27th. Could be a halloween blast. Stuart let me know if I could help organize/promote. Like Ben was saying closer and more people are comfortable with corbin I would get at least 6 to 8 plus myself there.
            Life before Death. Death before Honor.

Comment

I would gladly take all the volunteers I can get to help with things getting closer to the tournament. Send me a PM and we'll get together to figure out what can be done.
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Just wondering if this is still happening? gotta get my first/last tourney of the season (complete tourney) in before the snow starts falling. Corbin Open (or close) for the end of season would be awesome.

Comment

Still happening unless something drastic happens between now and then. I'd also try to get the Farragut Open in as well as it's happening the weekend before the Nightmare at Corbin.
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this site. For the October 27th Corbin Tourney, who do i need to get into contact with concerning helping prepare the course as well as signing up? I saw the name of the TD, so i guess a username would help so that i could just shoot them a message.
                    We Slang To Bang!

Comment

Originally posted by BangDEMChains View Post
                      Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this site. For the October 27th Corbin Tourney, who do i need to get into contact with concerning helping prepare the course as well as signing up? I saw the name of the TD, so i guess a username would help so that i could just shoot them a message.
                      General Scales - aka Stuart Autry - is the TD. He is the post that is right above yours. I am sure he could put you to work and would appreciate advance sign ups.

Comment

Bingo, thanks Scott, I have been in touch and we are good to go! Thanks for the info!
                        We Slang To Bang!

Comment

Hey General, do you have a flyer made up for your tourney? Can I register day of, or do I need to make a trip to Rapid Fire? Sanctioned? Cost? The world needs to know!
                          PDGA #42116

Comment

Originally posted by prospect View Post
                            Hey General, do you have a flyer made up for your tourney? Can I register day of, or do I need to make a trip to Rapid Fire? Sanctioned? Cost? The world needs to know!

Hey Prospect, I sent Scales a message a couple of weeks ago and he filled me in with the following info: (Apologies If things have changed since, but i havent heard anything!!! ) Sign ups can be made the morning of the event. He said sign in is going to be 8:00 to 9:00 and then teeing off by 9:30 in the morning for the first round. Intermediate is $15, Advanced is $20, and $25 pro. (I dont know if this implies it is sanctioned, I have no idea as this will be my first tourney!)
                            -Like I said, these parameters were discussed several weeks ago, but since i havent heard of anything changing, I am going to have to ASSUME that everything is going as previously planned.

Hope this helps - Thanks!
                            We Slang To Bang!

Comment

It's not sanctioned. That was one of the big things this year for the North Idaho Disc Golf Series - no sanctioning. We'll see about next year. This should be fun though. I look forward to seeing some faces that I haven't seen for quite some time.

Comment

So here is the situation as it stands. I have been trying to contact Brian at the Post Falls Parks Department making sure it is copacetic that I lay out all the OB string needed. So far he has not gotten back to me as it being an issue. I am at this point assuming that is absolutely fine to do so. So the details are as follows.

Nightmare Layout @ Corbin:
                                October 27th, 2012.
                                Sign in 8:00 to 9:00 am
                                Flight out by 9:30
                                Two rounds, 1 hour lunch break after last cards are turned in.
                                20 for Intermediate, 25 for Advanced, 30 for Open (5 dollar discount for current NIDGC members).
                                Ace Pot being run for 1 dollar a person.

Hope to see everyone out there, should be a blast! I'll be out there early Friday actually laying out all the OB and Mando's that are necessary. If you want to come out there and help in the layout, please send me a PM and we'll get it all figured out.

Thanks everyone!
                                Stuart A.
                                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X