X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Idaho Disc Golf Series 2012

The North Idaho Disc Golf Club will be running a 4 event series of non-sanctioned, one-day, two round events this season. These will be low entry fee ($20 to $30, with $5 discount for NIDGC members) tournaments with a simplified TD-friendly format (no player packs or trophies). Schedule is: May 12 @ Farragut - TD Tom Walker; June 30 @ Cherry Hill - TD Ben Squires (will be on redesigned course); August 11 @ Farragut - TD Jack Wardian; October 27 @ Corbin Park - TD Stuart Autry.

Sweet!!!

Going to the Women's Global on May 12th but will try to make the rest.

Comment

I'm looking forward to these. Thanks for posting the dates Jack, I appreciate it.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Farragut rescheduled

Unfortunately Tom Walker is working out of town for another week, so we have to reschedule the Farragut Spring Fling for the following weekend: we are planning on Saturday May 19. Will post sign-in and tee off times here as soon as possible. Still a bit tentative, as we need approval from Farragut State Park also.

Comment

conflict

August 11th, there is a C-tier in Missoula. I don't know if you mean to compete with that?

Comment

scheduling criteria

Steve- thanks for the heads up, but actually we are not trying to compete with the regional sanctioned events. Our idea is to present a local-focus simple tournament to cater to the weekly league players. We did try to pick dates when the locals would be least likely to be going to any major tournaments out of state, but it is not our intent to draw significant numbers from any distance. And as a secondary benefit, by keeping the format extremely simple we want to encourage some new faces to venture into the TD role - as a couple have done. Separate from the North Idaho Series, a few players have mentioned the possibility of running a sanctioned tournament at Farragut sometime this year. Nothing definite at this point, though.
            btw- thanks for supporting the NIDGC and participating in some of our weekly league events. I've got $3 with your name on it that you won this week at Corbin. See you next time you can make it over.

Comment

no wuckers, mate.

Originally posted by Rapid Fire Jack View Post
              Steve- thanks for the heads up, but actually we are not trying to compete with the regional sanctioned events. Our idea is to present a local-focus simple tournament to cater to the weekly league players. We did try to pick dates when the locals would be least likely to be going to any major tournaments out of state, but it is not our intent to draw significant numbers from any distance. And as a secondary benefit, by keeping the format extremely simple we want to encourage some new faces to venture into the TD role - as a couple have done. Separate from the North Idaho Series, a few players have mentioned the possibility of running a sanctioned tournament at Farragut sometime this year. Nothing definite at this point, though.
              btw- thanks for supporting the NIDGC and participating in some of our weekly league events. I've got $3 with your name on it that you won this week at Corbin. See you next time you can make it over.
              I cashed? I'm amazed, considering all the good scores.
              Why don't you donate that $3 to the club.
              Thanks Jack
              Steve

Comment

For those of you who are interested in Playing Tom's event this weekend here's the info that I know as of 2pm Thursday the 17th unless something has changed that I am not aware of:

Registration 8:30 being there early certainly wouldn't hurt
                flight out 9:30
                tee off by 10am

Hope to see many of you there.

If you have questions feel free to call Jack at Rapid Fire Plastics (208) 691-1126

Comment

Event was awesome. Thanks Jack for stepping up and taking Tom's place. Tom I hope Susie is doing better. Took second in pro. First time cashing. Looking forward to the next one. See you all at Cherry.
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

Next event at Farragut

The next event in the North Idaho Series will be Aug. 11 at Farragut. Non-sanctioned 2 round event. Registration from 8:30 to 9:30 followed by a quick players meeting as soon as flights can be organized, and hope to tee off around 10. One round on Wreckreator, one round on a blended Northstar/AWOL course - probably front nine on Northstar and back nine on AWOL. Registration will be $30 for pros, $25 Advanced, $20 Intermediate/Rec, with a $5 discount for NIDGC members. Ace pot $1 with the Club guaranteeing $100 minimum if won. I liked Ben's method at the Cherry Hill Challenge and will do likewise at Farragut, with all divisions receiving cash prizes. No schwag, no player packs, no trophies. TD Jack Wardian.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Fire Jack View Post
                      The next event in the North Idaho Series will be Aug. 11 at Farragut. Non-sanctioned 2 round event. Registration from 8:30 to 9:30 followed by a quick players meeting as soon as flights can be organized, and hope to tee off around 10. One round on Wreckreator, one round on a blended Northstar/AWOL course - probably front nine on Northstar and back nine on AWOL. Registration will be $30 for pros, $25 Advanced, $20 Intermediate/Rec, with a $5 discount for NIDGC members. Ace pot $1 with the Club guaranteeing $100 minimum if won. I liked Ben's method at the Cherry Hill Challenge and will do likewise at Farragut, with all divisions receiving cash prizes. No schwag, no player packs, no trophies. TD Jack Wardian.
                      I think that is truly the best idea. Paying out people in cash usually makes more people want to attend as everyone likes to have a shot at the $. That is what I was planning to do with the Nightmare at Corbin tournament in October. I will make sure I can attend this one.
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Farragut Summer Fling

Just a reminder that the next event in the North Idaho Series will be the Farragut Spring Fling on saturday Aug. 11. Details provided in an earlier post in this thread. See yo at the 'Gut.

Comment

Can't wait for this one. I have a good feeling about this tournament.
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                            Can't wait for this one. I have a good feeling about this tournament.
                            Me too! I think it's gonna be so hot your head might

Comment

reminder

Just a reminder - the Farragut Summer Fling will be next Saturday, Aug. 11. Details in the July 6 post on this thread.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X