X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Zoo Town Open June 2 - 3 Missoula, MT

Time to start preparing for your trip to Montana to play the Treasure State's premier event, the Zoo Town Open on June 2 - 3. This year's event will be a B tier event but expect to see as many, if not more, player amenities as you would at any Major event. We take player hospitality seriously, and we think you'll agree!!

Registration will be capped at 100 players. Online reg will be available through the GCF website at www.gardencityflyers.org and will open on Tuesday, April 17 at 8:00 MST. Be prepared to register as soon as it opens as last year's event filled in 16 hours and with non-PDGA members being allowed to play this year, we are expecting it to fill even faster this year. 90 spots will be available online, first come - first serve. After that a waitlist will be kept. 5 "Sponsor Exempt Spots" will be available for Silver Level Sponsors ($100+ in cash/schwag) until 2 weeks before the event (May 19). 5 spots will also remain available for PDGA Touring Pros until May 19th at which point any remaing spots will be filled from the waitlist. For the purpose of the 2012 ZTO ONLY, a Touring Pro will be any male with a rating over 1000 or any female with a rating over 930.

The format will be much the same as in year's past with 2 rounds on Saturday at Blue Mtn and 1 round, with tee times, at a temp course at Fort Missoula on Sunday.

Did I mention that Blue Mountain now has tee pads?!!!! 9 wood framed rubber tee pads are in the ground now with 9 more going in as soon as conditions permit. There will not be pads on all holes in time for the event, but most of the holes will have nice, flat, smooth rubber tee pads so no more excuses!!

Hope to see you here in the Zoo this June!!!

Those tee-pads really tied the course together...
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

Registration opens in 5 days!! Tuesday, 8:00 PM MST at www.gardencityflyers.org

Here are the Reg fees and divisions offered. If you don't see your prefered division, please note which division you would like to compete in when you register and if there are enough players, we may add it. We would like to have as few divisions as possible so that players can compete in as large a division as possible but we are flexible. Current PDGA members will recieve a $10 discount.

Open Men $75
      Open Masters, Grandmasters, and Women $65
      Adv Men, Masters, and Women $50
      Int Men $40

We would like to host a flymart at the Player's Party Saturday night at Brooks and Browns. If you or your company is interested, please contact me.

We are proud to announce that once again the Zoo Town Open will be a part of the EDGE Disc Golf Program. More info on this great program that helps get DG into schools can be found at http://www.edgediscgolf.org/

Mystery Ranch is continuing their support of disc golf in MT by donating a brand new Galf Mahal to the ZTO!!! This bag will be raffled off during lunch on Saturday, June 2nd. Tickets will be $10 and there will only be 50 sold, so get yours quick!! Tickets will be available beginning with registration Tuesday. Here's your chance to get one of the best bags made for only $10!!

Will have host hotel and camping info very soon.

Comment

I'm not missing it again this year....Zoo Town WOOOOHOOOO
        PDGA #42116

Comment

Still several spots left, but only 5 Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal raffle tickets left. Registration is available at www.gardencityflyers.org

A few more reasons to sign up...

There will be a free will donation catered lunch on Saturday and snack stations on the course both Saturday and Sunday.

A cash mini CTP that all players are eligible for.

A killer player's party at Brooks and Browns, located in the Holiday Inn Downtown, with food and drink specials along with putting games and a mini course in their backyard which overlooks the Clark Fork river and Brennan's Wave.

The host hotel will be the Holiday Inn Downtown. More details and a code soon, but this is a nice place located downtown Missoula within 5 blocks of 3 different open air markets Saturday morning and 1 on Sunday; or for the more adventerous, within 7 blocks of about 21 bars.

Player Check-in at Big Sky Brewery - free beer included!!!! Growler fill coupons will be a part of the player's pack, too!!

Comment

Heading to the ZOO

Can't wait to play Zoo Town this year...

Who else from Spokane is staying at the host hotel?

Comment

Had a BLAST at Zoo Town this year! Course was brutal the first round with wind and rain. The two easiest holes on the course gave me bogey's but other than that I played solid. Pulled pork for lunch and live Blue Grass was the perfect way to let my feet air out. 2 round the weather held out quite nicely and I picked up my play until I dropped 4 strokes on 2 of my last 3 holes. OUCH! That course sure knows how to take big bites!!! Missed the players party due to 3 hours of sleep the night before. Did that by planning on taking a 15 minute chill time until heading down. Next thing I know it's 5 am. Guess I needed that. Started really rough dropping 4 or 5 strokes on the first 7 holes but found the right gear and almost finished really strong. Birdied 15, eagle on 16 followed by a birdy on 17.. That ob rope island on 18 snuck up on me and gave me a 5 just when I thought I had the hang of it ;-) The last 5 cost me 4th on my own After the awards and raflle played some catch said goodbye to some new and old friends. Went for bomb fish tacos from Del Sol for super cheap. After a couple more stops along the way I got home at 9:00 pm! So awesome to get home at a reasonable hour after not teeing off until 12:30!! Thanks GCF crew for killing it again! My players pack $24 socks are unreal! Metal mini is bad a$$. You guys slay it again this year!!!!!!
              Relax and enjoy your hair
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X