2012 Pro/Am World Championships Charlotte, NC July 14th - 21st Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
    Also noticed Mr Dan Brown Jr holding onto 3rd in his division. Nice work.
    his second round was rated 1011. that's our boy.
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

worlds live stream?

http://discgolfplanet.tv/

Anyone tried their PayPerView?

Also, good call from the earlier poster who bet on M. Johansen as a sleeper pick...tho would Cameron Colglazier be the 1st major winner with a PDGA # in the 40k's?

Good luck Edge, Jessie, and the rest of the NW reps
      PDGA 42602
      Chainbangerz DGC #32

Comment

Originally posted by Karl Hungus View Post
        http://discgolfplanet.tv/

Anyone tried their PayPerView? ps
        No. In fact, I demanded a refund on my "lifetime membership". It turned out to be worthless, much like the alleged "lifetime PDGA membership".
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I agree with you man, I love the coverage they have provided but at this point I paid for a membership that essentially can't be used on the most important event of the year. That to me was pretty underhanded.
          "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

Was it ever indicated that lifetime membership = free broadcasts?

Comment

In the beginning it was implied. Pay for a membership and get to see all the epic battles while supporting the web page. Just because it isn't written out in black and white does not discount how they colored it.
              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Was it ever indicated that lifetime membership = free broadcasts?
                Was it ever indicated that broadcasts would NOT be free? No!
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

This was grossly disappointing. It's Livestream. Were it better technology or they hired professional commentators (Love ya, Rebecca!) that would be one thing. Oh well... at least I got Steve Ganz to change the refresh rate on the live scoring from 10 minutes to 5 minutes today. That seemed like a minor victory, anyway...
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Well Im not bitter about having to pay a little ($7.95) more on top of my lifetime membership to watch some of the worlds. I was a little taken back that it would cost more at first, but it is still inexpensive entertainment to me. Small price to pay to watch some of the best in the world compete in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      This was grossly disappointing. It's Livestream. Were it better technology or they hired professional commentators (Love ya, Rebecca!) that would be one thing. Oh well... at least I got Steve Ganz to change the refresh rate on the live scoring from 10 minutes to 5 minutes today. That seemed like a minor victory, anyway...

Sam do you think "Livestream" would have worked in the Clackamas River Valley?
                      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

No... probably not, Scott. I mean, it is dependent on a WiFi connection and that is pretty limited out there, I believe.
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          No... probably not, Scott. I mean, it is dependent on a WiFi connection and that is pretty limited out there, I believe.

ok thats what JD told me when i inquired about coverage for the BSF.
                          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Nice playing Jessie, good luck tomorrow!!!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X