X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• larsonjeff
    started a topic 2012 Memorial in AZ - who plans to go?

2012 Memorial in AZ - who plans to go?

Any of you Oregon folk plan to attend The Memorial in 2012?
    I'm gonna try to go, and it would be great to see some of you there!
    I went last year, and had a great time. So nice to get away during the winter (especially since I'm living in MN now!)

http://memorialchampionship.com/
    Registration will begin on 12/5/11.

• Jeff Hemmerling
    replied
    Originally posted by citizens arrest View Post
    Robert on hole 18 was up first on the tee and I had a one stroke lead, I know he was going to go for a 3 and threw it in the water then threw it in again in the water, which gave him a 7p, I played it safe and took a 4 and then turned in a miscalculated score card after 5 people checked it which gave me a 2 stroke penalty and still won by one stroke.
    That my friend, is drama. Good win!!

Leave a comment:

• citizens arrest
    replied
    Originally posted by Flash View Post
    Hey Sandy how many discs did you loose at fountains? Did anyone in your group just loose it during that last round?
    I lost one disc on hole #2 on my up shot a wraith which I have never flipped over. Robert on hole 18 was up first on the tee and I had a one stroke lead, I know he was going to go for a 3 and threw it in the water then threw it in again in the water, which gave him a 7p, I played it safe and took a 4 and then turned in a miscalculated score card after 5 people checked it which gave me a 2 stroke penalty and still won by one stroke. To close for comfort

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied
    We played early Friday am. And I want to tell you I have never played in wind that steady and hard. 30 to 40mph it would be like throwing in troutdale in a major wind storm. The afternoon round scores were much lower thanks to mother natures lungs were tired and decided to only blow 10 to 15mph, it was truly one of the most frustrating rounds of golf I have ever played. Had a great time and met some really great guys, the house we stayed in was off the hook a big shout out to Marcus you out did yourself as always. Thanks for all the kind words from all that we're following the play
    Hey Sandy how many discs did you loose at fountains? Did anyone in your group just loose it during that last round?

Leave a comment:

• Pizzel
    replied
    We played early Friday am. And I want to tell you I have never played in wind that steady and hard. 30 to 40mph it would be like throwing in troutdale in a major wind storm. The afternoon round scores were much lower thanks to mother natures lungs were tired and decided to only blow 10 to 15mph, it was truly one of the most frustrating rounds of golf I have ever played. Had a great time and met some really great guys, the house we stayed in was off the hook a big shout out to Marcus you out did yourself as always. Thanks for all the kind words from all that we're following the play
    Jeff, congrats on the big win!

Leave a comment:

• citizens arrest
    replied
    Winds

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied
    Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
    Jim Oates who destroyed the Grandmasters with a 209 - 23...... he had rounds of 1032,1054,1050,1020 and he would have tied for 10th in Open with Nikko and Cale and still he would have won Masters by 11 strokes.

Top 4 in GM this year would have finished in the Top 25 of Open or Won the Masters Div....

For sure them old guys can huk it

I wonder is those early morning tee times helped with the wind on Friday & Saturday? Jim Oates is a solid player and can always compete in Masters but it looks like it was in his best interest to compete in Grand Masters at this event.

Leave a comment:

• NWDiscer
    replied
    Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
    OMG two more 1100+ rounds on the same card. Feldberg 1112 & Will 1103. If these ratings become official that's 4 1100+ rounds in the same event, and one player has two of them.

Wow! Just wow!

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/76135

Cindy

Jim Oates who destroyed the Grandmasters with a 209 - 23...... he had rounds of 1032,1054,1050,1020 and he would have tied for 10th in Open with Nikko and Cale and still he would have won Masters by 11 strokes.

Top 4 in GM this year would have finished in the Top 25 of Open or Won the Masters Div....

For sure them old guys can huk it

Last edited by NWDiscer; March 3rd, 2012, 05:47 PM. Reason: cause i can

Leave a comment:

• LegoRules
    replied
    OMG two more 1100+ rounds on the same card. Feldberg 1112 & Will 1103. If these ratings become official that's 4 1100+ rounds in the same event, and one player has two of them.

Wow! Just wow!

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/76135

Cindy

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Kennedy
    replied
    Chuck do you keep a tournament Round rating record by course SSA?
    Not specifically by course but here's our "best ever" round record thru 2010: http://www.pdga.com/player-ratings-s...nges-men-women
    You can see Vista shows up a fair amount. What's interesting is that Vista will show up in two categories with records after this event because the SSA was around 58 on Wednesday and was around 62 today with Avery adding another round in the top 10. Val also enters the women's top 10 list today which is likely the first time brother and sister registered rounds rated in the top 10 the same day.

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied
    Avery Jenkins with the Hot round of 49 in the wind. Man that rates a 1095 smoking hot and a good jump for him to the second card. The battle tomorrow looks like it will be familiar territory for the lead card!

Ken Climo shoot a 51 to climb back into the top 10 as well. If it is windy tomorrow, and it looks like it may be, then you will not want to miss the live coverage. 6 strokes seems like a lot but not in the wind at Fountains.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    oh my - a bird for Mcbeth and double bogey for Will on 17. Five shot lead for Will.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Curious if anyone from the second card is making a charge. Not sure if they'll reach the top though - it looks like a two-man race between McBeth and Will.

Leave a comment:

• Flash
    replied
    The wind today is awesome, anyone catch some of the live feed for the ladies? The wind was kicking discs around like Styrofoam cups. Hole 12 was hard to watch.

It has also slowed Paul McBeth up significantly and Devan Owens &Will Schusterick have been gaining significant ground on Paul. Dave feldberg is falling off the pace and is currently over par for the round. Curious to see if Will S. has the hot round for round three. He is looking like a 1070 rated round if he finishes out strong.

Leave a comment:

• Magilla
    replied
    Oregon Bagger takes Adv GM title.

Congrats Jeff Elliott.

Mike Ward is currently tied for 7th in Pro GM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X