X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Memorial; first NT of 2009

There are 5 Deaf Discers registered for this event including myself and the 2008 Deaf National champ, oh man am i so pumped for this one. Am sure you know how hard it is to just get Robinhood and myself to go to a Oregon series event as compared to a NT event! whoo whoo...
    Who from oregon is going? I remember that Dion was trying to go to this one as a Discraft player??

This is a very fun tournament and a great way to start the season. I wish I were going; unfortunately, I will be in the middle of a big project at work and can't make it this year. *cry*

Comment

curious, for those who have played both trojan tournament format and the two courses for the memorial, which course are you most likely to lose the most discs?

Comment

It is the bomb event! I played it last year and had a blast. My wife and I rented a house in Fountain Hills and we are both playing it this year.
        I never lost a disc at Vista, but you can. I lost a couple at Fountain, by making throwing errors. You don't have to lose discs. It is totally risk reward and I would say that OB is really more the concern. They tighten the fairways and pins are often protected by OB and difficult come backers.
        It is truly a great event. I recommend that you play both courses ahead of time. I have never played Trojan, so I can't be helpful there.

Go Oregon!
        Training to be a bagger

Comment

smobro, go play trojan this weekend and then tell us which is more disc friendly or risk reward.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            smobro, go play trojan this weekend and then tell us which is more disc friendly or risk reward.
            If smo goes and plays Trojan this weekend he won't have any disc's left to play the Memorial.

Bob

Comment

I'm going to be there! I'm so excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
                I'm going to be there! I'm so excited!
                Dude we had the same number of posts, so I am just posting this to finally beat you at something
                Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                  Dude we had the same number of posts, so I am just posting this to finally beat you at something
                  May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                    If smo goes and plays Trojan this weekend he won't have any disc's left to play the Memorial.

Bob
                    well, what if he decides to snorkel for lost discs, he might leave with more discs than he arrived with.... by the way my gator on tournament 2 and viking on tournament 15 are still less than 5 feet from shore, look for me?

Comment

Team DGO has 5 registered golfers in this event! representing for Oregon! WOOT cannot wait!
                      http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Josh Westmoreland and I will be there. I'm crazy excited

Comment

Sean,

You registered as an Amateur, and I think you are the highest rated. I think with your game you would have much rather liked playing in Pro.

I would much rather take Vista twice instead of Fountains twice!!!

Good luck though and maybe you can do what Eric Wilson managed to do in 2004, and bring the trophy back to Oregon!
                          http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=3989

and what Jay almost did in 2005,
                          http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=4626

And what Justin and the crew in 2007 almost did
                          http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=6295

We will be waiting!!!!!
                          PDGA #25296
                          Stumptown #34

Comment

2004? Jesus, I am getting old.
                            Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
                              2004? Jesus, I am getting old.
                              YUP!

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X