X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
    I totally agree with you on both shots. Hole one at the Fountain is SO much fun, when the fountain is not on!

What is it 420' to the basket and 400' to the edge of land?
    Ryan, I am not sure the AM's play from the 400 foot shot at fountains, but the distance for the AM's is still intimidating and last time we were both there, we saw at least one person from each group go splash!!!!

Hey Sean shake out the cobwebs and start kicking some serious AZ butt!!!
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
      Ryan, I am not sure the AM's play from the 400 foot shot at fountains, but the distance for the AM's is still intimidating and last time we were both there, we saw at least one person from each group go splash!!!!

Hey Sean shake out the cobwebs and start kicking some serious AZ butt!!!
      They shortened that hole down to 320' for us but half the people still threw one in the drink. I threw a huge hyzer and drilled the pole for a drop in 2. I then got a 6 on the next hole though.

Comment

What's the wind like down there? A factor?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          What's the wind like down there? A factor?
          I was told that the Fountian had MILD winds yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
            They shortened that hole down to 320' for us but half the people still threw one in the drink. I threw a huge hyzer and drilled the pole for a drop in 2. I then got a 6 on the next hole though.
            I think I did the same thing, a birdy to start and a 5 or 6 on hole 2 to balance it out!!
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

I played like crap today. Lost 3 main drivers and had 8 OBs. It was slightly windy at Vista today. The greens were VERY fast so everything went right OB or into the water. Sean did a lot better than me today but we still have some work to do if we want top 10.

Comment

I played like crap today. Lost 3 main drivers and had 8 OBs. It was slightly windy at Vista today. The greens were VERY fast so everything went right OB or into the water. Sean did a lot better than me today but we still have some work to do if we want top 10.
                No worries. Just remember where you are and why you're there. Relax. First big tourney for you. Enjoy the experience and let the game come to you. Good things will happen. Tear it up.

Comment

You can do it Brodles!

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-resul...ings=1#Masters

GO ROB!!!!!!!!!
                  Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                  Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

I played some OK golf yeterday but I'll have to shot lights out and then some to win it.

These courses are super fun. Very similar to trojan.

The weather is pretty nice too. It has been relatively cool here the whole time so we are lucking out.

Comment

I lost my first run star destroyer on hole two at fountain during wednesday practice and that totally threw me off my game. But found other discs to pick it up. Hole 2 seems to be worst of the bunch. 718 foot giant with OB left and right. The grass was super fast at Fountain, less fast at VDC. Lost 4 discs total in 4 days.... Brody certainly looked like he was having a ball with his video camera. The wind was a factor on the 3rd day for sure, lifting discs and carrying them off course big time. Made my teerex fly like a sidewinder, and my crystal buzz like a beat to death stingray. Westmoreland had this crazy drive on hole 14 3rd round...

Comment

I think the key was to play smart and not with your balls on some of the holes. SEANNNN??? Funny thing, was takling with Scott Mcmullen and sean before our first tee off. Scott and I were in the group in front of sean. We saw some guys throwing two or three times in the drink on their first hole. The fairway to the right is massive and only like 200-250 feet away, I told scott, anyone who throws ob first time, should just adjust, throw safe to the right, get a 5 and walk away, he agreed. We are on the 2nd hole, watching sean throw behind us. He throws one in the drink, 2nd throw, exactly the same into the drink, only this time, the stoned volunteer judge says his disc miracously crosses inbounds before going out *it was about 5-10 feet out of bounds*. I dont care about the thrower cuz he didnt mark it but i was shocked to see the judge mark it inbounds like 15 feet from the basket. Lucky sean walked away with a 5 which could easily have been a 7. It was super fun and tough, but i hope to get one or two of my discs back...

Comment

Wow those last 2 rounds were brutal. The wind picked up and I lost 8 discs in those 2 days and had about 15 OBs. It was rough. It was my first big tournament and my first time stepping up to advanced and I still finished 25th out of 116 even though I felt I could have played much better. I had the best experience ever though. It was like 10x the amount of fun that I expected. I'm still extremely tired. I definitely plan to return next year.

Comment

anyone see their disc listed at this website?
                            www.spinnersdiscgolf.com
                            let me know, i'm gonna have my friend who lives nearby go pick up my disc and a few others like chandler fry, brody cannon, who else am i missing on that list that i could get back and bring up to BSF?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X