The Memorial; first NT of 2009 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I like the negative 1381 rating!!!!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


    • #32
      That caddy book on the Memorial site kicks ass. Very cool.

      Are either of the courses permanent?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
        One day I hope to ace all 18 with one throw and break the 1400 rating barrier.
        Meh... it's overrated.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by all2common View Post
          Nate Doss -53 for the first round...crazy!
          Yea they just messed something up during a upload...

          I think that the Open players have NOT even started teeing off yet.
          Im pretty sure that the 1st tee times for them was around 11:30? today.



          I sure wish I was there....

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Scott View Post
            That caddy book on the Memorial site kicks ass. Very cool.

            Are either of the courses permanent?
            They are both permanent courses. However, Shelly Sharpe is modified HEAVILY for the tournament. It's no where near as awesome in the normal config. The Fountain Hills tournament course is the normal course with a few longer tee pads mixed in, and some added artificial O.B..

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Scott View Post
              That caddy book on the Memorial site kicks ass. Very cool.

              Are either of the courses permanent?
              The "Fountain", which the Ams play Today & Saturday, is being played in it's permanant 18 configuration WITH a "Few" minor tweeks (Tees) & OB Ropes throw in. ( http://2009memorial.com/images/fh-layout.jpg )

              Vista Del Camino is normally a permanent 18 that gets "stretched" into a much LONGER course ( http://2009memorial.com/images/vdc-layout.jpg )

              the permanent doesnt go into the area shown as "South".

              Comment


              • #37
                Whats up WSS's REPRESENT.


                NW KICK SOME AZZ



                Good Luck to all NW's Disc-Aholics

                "In Discatarianism We Trust"

                :cheers:

                :cool:sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Just heard from Tyler, he shot a 54, which is pretty darn good. Should be a 1010-1020 rated round or so I'm guessing.

                  Looks like Feldberg and Jenkins are going to be very near the top after the first round as well.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    The memorial has the best starting holes on both courses of any tournament I have played at. The gut check potential is high and many many golfers start their rounds with a water hazard OB. I know, I know sick and twisted but the funny thing is you have safe areas to throw to, but everybody wants to be a hero!!!!
                    PDGA #25296
                    Stumptown #34

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Flash View Post
                      The memorial has the best starting holes on both courses of any tournament I have played at. The gut check potential is high and many many golfers start their rounds with a water hazard OB. I know, I know sick and twisted but the funny thing is you have safe areas to throw to, but everybody wants to be a hero!!!!
                      I totally agree with you on both shots. Hole one at the Fountain is SO much fun, when the fountain is not on!

                      What is it 420' to the basket and 400' to the edge of land?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                        I totally agree with you on both shots. Hole one at the Fountain is SO much fun, when the fountain is not on!

                        What is it 420' to the basket and 400' to the edge of land?
                        Oh Yea...Its one of those shots where you can find out who REALLY can throw 400'

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          974-rated round from the 909-rated Brody Cannon! Rip it up, way to represent, GREENWAY in the house! Good luck, have fun, and RIP IT UP!!!

                          Good luck to all the other NW players as well, bring back some sunshine, will ya?
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                            974-rated round from the 909-rated Brody Cannon! Rip it up, way to represent, GREENWAY in the house! Good luck, have fun, and RIP IT UP!!!

                            Good luck to all the other NW players as well, bring back some sunshine, will ya?
                            Thanks! I missed a ton of putts but I still played ok. I've never played advanced, or fountain hills, or a big tournament for that matter so I'm very excited to be in 13th of 116 people!

                            I saw a ton of Oregonians and it was great to see the top pros in the world. I've had good conversations with nearly everyone like Feldberg, Climo, Ellis, and others. I honestly feel like I'm in heaven. This has been the best experience ever and it's still day 1!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
                              Thanks! I missed a ton of putts but I still played ok. I've never played advanced, or fountain hills, or a big tournament for that matter so I'm very excited to be in 13th of 116 people!

                              I saw a ton of Oregonians and it was great to see the top pros in the world. I've had good conversations with nearly everyone like Feldberg, Climo, Ellis, and others. I honestly feel like I'm in heaven. This has been the best experience ever and it's still day 1!
                              WTG


                              Don't forget to have some FUN when your playing
                              STAY LOOSE
                              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

                              :cheers:

                              :cool:sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                                WTG


                                Don't forget to have some FUN when your playing
                                STAY LOOSE

                                WSS!

                                Nice Work Brody. Good luck with your next rounds.
                                Current World Rank: 2857th
                                Lowest Rated Round: 777
                                Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                                Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                                Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                                Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                                Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                                Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X