Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard horror stories about Fountain hills... like don't get the spray from the fountain on you... oh yeah and avoid the LAKE...

Anyone else have any idea how the course plays?
    http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
      curious, for those who have played both trojan tournament format and the two courses for the memorial, which course are you most likely to lose the most discs?
      Definitely Trojan. You might lose a disc or two at the fountain, but it's no where near as much of a disc eater as Trojan.

Oh, and sign a big "hello" to my buddy Tan Nguyen while you're down there, Nate. (I'm trying to convince him to come play the Beaver State, so push him about it a little for me )

Comment

Yo you know Tan? that is so cool, yeah i talk with him often, I am defnitely trying to get them to come to both the Beaver State Fling and ODDGC. ODDGC happens the weekend after BSF. So its gonna be tough if they have to make a choice on one weekend only cuz ODDGC is gonna be hugee in terms of a regional Deaf tournament.
        Anyways back on topic, so Trojan is tougher, I am gladdd to hear that. Latest I heard is that the Fountain is a par 54 and Vista a par 61 this year. I would rather lay up than risk losing a disc and get the penalty on top of it. We will see how it goes, am glad I'm going with 4 other Deaf guys who are more into the PDGA pro scene than I am.
        See how we all do.

Comment

Yeah i did mention that about sean being the highest rated in ADV Ams somewhere on this website or on odsa... either way yeah, he looking to dominate the boys instead of playing with the men? Or he didnt have the extra cash to register for Open? Either way, just hopes he dominates anyways.

Originally posted by Flash View Post
          Sean,

You registered as an Amateur, and I think you are the highest rated. I think with your game you would have much rather liked playing in Pro.

I would much rather take Vista twice instead of Fountains twice!!!

Good luck though and maybe you can do what Eric Wilson managed to do in 2004, and bring the trophy back to Oregon!
          http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=3989

and what Jay almost did in 2005,
          http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=4626

And what Justin and the crew in 2007 almost did
          http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=6295

We will be waiting!!!!!

Comment

Everybody excited?!?! When is everybody flying out?

Comment

Josh Westmoreland and I are driving out today. Gonna be a fun tournament.

I'm crazy excited!!

And yes, I'm stepping down to play with the boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                Josh Westmoreland and I are driving out today. Gonna be a fun tournament.

I'm crazy excited!!

And yes, I'm stepping down to play with the boys.
                Wow I thought you weren't playing?! I'll see ya there then! SANDBAGGER!

Comment

Sean stepping down might mean him playing ADV? If he is playing INT then he is Sandbagging. You playing INT Brody? or Juniors?
                  All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I don't believe the Memorial has amateur divisions below advanced.

Comment

Wow I've never been this excited for anything! The weather is perfect here and it's great to neet all the pros I admire. I have an afternoon tee time at Fountain so I'll probably get up early and watch the pros start at Vista. I've spoken to many of the players I look up to and did some putting in the dark with Robbie Bratten. Keep an eye on the scores because there are some great cards out there in the pro field! Check out the tournament information at www.2009memorial.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
                        Wow I've never been this excited for anything! The weather is perfect here and it's great to neet all the pros I admire. I have an afternoon tee time at Fountain so I'll probably get up early and watch the pros start at Vista. I've spoken to many of the players I look up to and did some putting in the dark with Robbie Bratten. Keep an eye on the scores because there are some great cards out there in the pro field! Check out the tournament information at www.2009memorial.com
                        Take it all in Brody and enjoy the moment. (root beer) Try not to be too star struck meeting the Pro's. Just tell them, nice to meet you but the highlight of your life was getting to play a round or two at your home course with "Over the Hill" Bob. Have fun and keep us all posted.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
                          Represent Brodles!
                          Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                          Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Nate Doss -53 for the first round...crazy!
                            Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Yeah... I think something is wrong with the PDGA site or the TD uploaded his spreadsheet wrong. How is shooting a 1 for 18 holes only rated 1404?
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                Yeah... I think something is wrong with the PDGA site or the TD uploaded his spreadsheet wrong. How is shooting a 1 for 18 holes only rated 1404?
                                One day I hope to ace all 18 with one throw and break the 1400 rating barrier.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X