Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GO WERTH!

Comment

Hey did anyone else have trouble accessing scores today on the PDGA website during the day? I could not get in until after 6 pm.
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

Flash, I could get the page but it didn't update with any information - for me, at least - until after I got home at 6.

As far as live scoring, the Dynamic Discs page had the most reliable MPO lead card info available, today.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Trying to keep the blog going but it's hard, there's just so much to do here in Santa Cruz! Worlds is awesome!

I asked Climo why he wasn't playing as well. He said he has an injury that's aggrevated by playing and didn't want to elaborate beyond that.

Comment

I think that the Northwest is killing it in this Worlds. Feldberg, Crabtree and Arlyn all within striking distance of Doss.
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

That may be. But so far California, primarily Bay Area locals, are winning almost every division with Val only a shot behind. The most homeboy/girl dominated Worlds perhaps ever.

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                I think that the Northwest is killing it in this Worlds. Feldberg, Crabtree and Arlyn all within striking distance of Doss.
                I don't know if I would say striking distance, but they are doing awesome!

Comment

bump

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                  I think those fellers best lookout for one of my bestest little buddies........... J.D. Lee.
                  BAM! Go JD!
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                    Hey did anyone else have trouble accessing scores today on the PDGA website during the day? I could not get in until after 6 pm.
                    The PDGA website has been crap for as long as I can remember.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSlSu...er_profilepage
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

You can go here for live scoring:

http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/livescoring/

But it seems like they have the same POS IT guy running things that the PDGA uses.

Seriously... we pay a LOT of money for membership. Is it really too much to ask that the PDGA board/employees pull their collective heads out of their asses and provide a quality website that doesn't completely suck balls? I am sure one of them has a 15 year-old nephew that could do a far better job than whatever hack is doing the job now...
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

It is just sad that we have this amazing event going on that is sponsored and run by the PDGA and the website that is intended to provide the information about the competitors and competition is inadequate to either handle the load or is so intertwined with bugs and software glitches that it is unreliable.

We had issues with the website during the Fling and we were unable to upload scores and tee times in a reasonable amount of time due to server issue, downtime on the website for software fixes and who knows what else. Brian Graham said the expectation to post those items on the PDGA site was unreasonable and was never the intention. So I guess the national tour events that are also sponsored by the PDGA and is the highest level of competition are also not under the umbrella of protection of the PDGA as a priority.

How can the PDGA realistically call this a website. What is our current membership like 15,000 and lifetime of 47,000. Even if the website was to experience double or triple this amount it should still be able to handle the load. I mean heck the Victoria Secret website didn't crash during their live showing until into the millions of instantaneous users hit the site trying to watch the same live showing.

Heck for the amount of money we spent on the website we could have outsourced the work and had enough money left over with which the PDGA could have invest significantly more into the grass roots campaign they were talking about.
                          PDGA #25296
                          Stumptown #34

Comment

I completely agree, Flash. I am going to start encouraging people to run UNsanctioned events. I will begin encouraging people to not join the PDGA unless they are going to play in more than 5 PDGA events. And that's really sad as I have been doing the opposite for 6 years now... but its enough, already.

They will either take their membership seriously or they will start to see it decline.
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

PDGA?

I too have lost a lot of my respect for the PDGA....... It's the World Championships and the bottom cashing spots in Open Men were a joke.....Not even their entry fees back. For example, Colin Sexton beat a player by 12 strokes and made $5 more than him. Why did we even play the semi-finals if they were going to get paid the same as players who got cut? It's time for a Player's Union and a global uprising. The consensus on tour is we are getting tired of breaking even. It's time for more than just the top-20 players in the world to make a living on the road. I got 40th place and made a $45 profit after my entry fee.....This just doesn't make logistical sense.....Any potential corporate sponsor would look at these numbers and laugh.....Don't shoot the messenger. I'm not the only one with these feelings. I just have the guts to stand up for what's right. It's not like we're asking for millions. Just enough to not eat Top Ramen on Tour

Thanks for all the support from our NW family. We had a great time on the road and enjoyed many perks outside the disc action. I can't imagine a life without these blessed days on the road. Cheers,
                              Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Not going to bash the PDGA, they do alot of work, but however there are a lot of things they could do easily to improve the small stuff. They do give a stipend to the Pro Worlds committee as seed money, but however make money off player fees etc. They can afford not to have player fees at our biggest events and let the committee keep the money for payout and whatnot. The video and live scoring were great I think, was not on the computer end of things. However, where is the throw by throw text action for those who couldn't watch and wanted more information than just hole by hole scores?
                                Does the PDGA really need $600k in their account? Spend now, improve now. The DDGA gave more than 10% of our revenue for 2010/2011 to the 2010 and 2011 Deaf Nationals and waived all fees, the PDGA did the same for us. Now if the PDGA waived all fees and gave just 5% to Pro Worlds, that would be 30k + waived fees added to the purse maybe?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X