Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I call that alternate drive best shot.

Speaking of which I need a partner...
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
      Yeah I call that alternate drive best shot.

Speaking of which I need a partner...
      Well, it's not alternate shot because you can take your partners first 9 drives, but then you must take your next 9 drives. Or you can take any order of drives as long as there are 9 and 9

Comment

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
        Thank you...and I'm sorry.

I'm sure Jeremy will respond to your questions... But in the meantime, I understood the first to mean that we will play best shot but you have to use 9 drives from each player each round. You pick the best on each hole as long as you take 9 from each player. It's a pretty typical restriction in both ball golf and disc golf.

The second, I'm guessing has to do with the fact we are playing North Star on Saturday which is known as an easy course if you have a halfway decent overhand shot. My feeling is he was being sarcastic to emphasize it's a cheater throw on that course.
        Leslie you are astute! I was merely pointing out that people that throw overhands would be upset to loose their advantage.. I was wrong though, seeing as Justin doesn't really throw a very big overhand. Toying with the idea of having a couple of off handed holes and a couple of no overhand holes. Will fill you in completely within a week before the event. 9 and 9 was what I was talking about. Be prepared for anything, but MOSTLY FUN!!!!!
        Relax and enjoy your hair
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

A couple random holes with crazy ruled could be fun... as long as they apply to everybody equitably.
          If there are 'no thumber' holes, will there be 'no backhand' holes?

Please keep us up to date.
          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

I think that if we are going to have some of those crazy holes, we should include something like "offhand overhand" or "sidearm grenade". I mean, stuff that really just destroys a person's pre-conceived notion for that hole.

With that being said, I still need to find a partner...time is running out I believe.
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
              A couple random holes with crazy ruled could be fun... as long as they apply to everybody equitably.
              If there are 'no thumber' holes, will there be 'no backhand' holes?

Please keep us up to date.
              There we go Shrack.. I like it. We will make an announcement a week before the event on any special hole rules..
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Special rules for the Doubles Championships.. NorthStar.. 9 drives must be taken per player. Hole 2 is a mandatory off handed hole, off the tee, upshot and putt. Hole 3 through 6, No overhand shots. Wreckreator.. Must take 7 drives from each player. Hole 17 is off handed. Double Black Diamond. Straight up for the win!!
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                  Special rules for the Doubles Championships.. NorthStar.. 9 drives must be taken per player. Hole 2 is a mandatory off handed hole, off the tee, upshot and putt. Hole 3 through 6, No overhand shots. Wreckreator.. Must take 7 drives from each player. Hole 17 is off handed. Double Black Diamond. Straight up for the win!!
                  Ok, slight rules change...

Special rules for the Doubles Championships.. NorthStar.. 9 drives must be taken per player. Wreckreator.. Must take 7 drives from each player. Double Black Diamond. Straight up for the win!!
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Had an awesome weekend up at the Gut! Camping was a blast and the weather was great including the bright moon and warm evenings that almost made it feel like day time. There were 9 pro teams ($900), 9 am teams ($540) and 3 womens teams ($240) for a total cash pot of $1,680
                    Moe and Honey Ruiz ($180) held off Melodie and Randy($60) by 1.
                    Big Mike and Wayne ($360) won walking away shootin a 47 on ...the DBD. and a 45 on wreck.
                    2nd Tom and Cole ($270)
                    3rd Ben Squires and Dan Gibbs ($180)
                    4th Yoduh and Derek Fulton ($90) shot a 43 on Northstar, with hole 2 and 3 swithced to par 4's
                    Ams
                    Mac T and JJ ($210)
                    Tony Costanzo and Ryan ($160)
                    Justin Shrack and Cody ($110)
                    Curt and Chris ($60)
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...