Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farragut Open Doubles Championships

Farragut Open Doubles Championships

Find your pardner & wonder up to Farragut State Park for some serious fun in the GUT!! Sign ups will begin at 8:30a.m. & conclude at 9:30 on September 10th. Players meet at 10 & we’ll begin shootin at 10:30. North Star will be under attack 1st followed by the Wreckreator after lunch. When the smoke clears Saturday there will be camping for 5$ per person with a bon fire & time for chewing the fat!
    Sunday the shootout begins at 10:30 on the Dubble Black Diamond.
    Derek and Yoduh will be your surly TD’S
    Call for questions.. better makem good! five O nine. two two o. six five five two.
    Amatuers 60$ Per team: Please leave the sand from your bag at home or you’ll be shot on sight!

Professionals 100$ Per team: Steady handed & sharp

100% PAYOUT IN CA$H!!!
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Only Open?

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    Farragut Open Doubles Championships

Amatuers 60$ Per team: Please leave the sand from your bag at home or you’ll be shot on sight!

Professionals 100$ Per team: Steady handed & sharp

100% PAYOUT IN CA$H!!!

Are you guys offering a separate women's division or is it just open to all genders?

Comment

Damn...

It's true :-(
      I AM a thread killer.
      It was just pointed out to me...

Comment

Women are IN!!! No age baggers though One womens division. So far we have 2 teams!! C'mon ladies, lets do this!! $80 a team
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

10 pro teams are in so far and 6 am teams. That means that there is $1000 in the pro pot right now!!
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Thanks TD's

It was very awesome of the TDs to open a division for women. I also appreciate the separate entry fee...

So far I know of these women's teams:

Mo and Amber
            Randi and Melody
            Lesli and Jaymie

Who else is playing????

Also...curious about the format? Best disc, worst disc, alternate shot?

What's it going to by guys???

Comment

I know that Celeste is looking for a partner.. Nancy maybe? The format is going to be best shot for the whole weekend but you'll be required to take each partners drives so one person can't carry the team. Each course will be played once starting on the NS then Wreck and Sunday is DBD. There will be a no overhand off the teepad rule in effect on Saturday
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                I know that Celeste is looking for a partner.. Nancy maybe? The format is going to be best shot for the whole weekend but you'll be required to take each partners drives so one person can't carry the team. Each course will be played once starting on the NS then Wreck and Sunday is DBD. There will be a no overhand off the teepad rule in effect on Saturday
                I really don't understand these rules?
                The meaning of the first and the justification for the second.
                Are you going to require we use Innova next?
                Or just ban the people you don't want to win?
                I remember a local TD doing that in the recent past...

Requiring players to conform to your style of throwing is unprecedented and outrageous.

Under these rules, count me out.
                Last edited by jshrack; August 24th, 2011, 11:47 AM. Reason: count me out
                When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Just wondering...

Originally posted by jshrack View Post

Requiring players to conform to your style of throwing is unprecedented and outrageous.

Justin, You've impressed me lately with your demeanor in person at events. I'm just curious about your post...why? Why do you do this? You seem like such a decent guy.

My apologies for calling you out on a public forum instead of a PM. I just know I'm not the only one perplexed by your thread presence.

Comment

Take it easy big guy.. I was just trying to pull some chains out there. I guess it worked, and yes you can only throw Innova too
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

"I see my last post was critical, for that I am sorry."

Notice I did not ask Yoduh to change his mind, it is his event to run.
                      I expressed my extreme discomfort with the concepts I understand and ask him to explain his rules... both of them.

1. Best shot "but you'll be required to take each partners drives"
                      How do you use both players drives in best shot?
                      Does only one person drive on each hole? Is this alternated?
                      OR do you each get a limited number of drives each partner can use?
                      Would this mean you are stuck with one partner's drive on last hole you play?
                      Assuming the latter, wouldn't your ending hole greatly affect the outcome if you are limited to one drive on the last hole?
                      I just don't understand the concept or how it works, please explain.

2. No overhand off the teepad rule in effect on Saturday
                      Why was the overhand decision made in the first place?
                      Does it help the tourney as a whole?
                      Does it help the game?
                      Is it just a 'joke?'
                      I am confused about the entire intent of the statement.

I am truly uncomfortable with the 2nd concept presented, maybe a different perspective will adjust my view.
                      Maybe it was just a joke that went way over my literal interpretation.
                      Please explain.

These questions aren't meant to come across as criticism, just inquiry.
                      Last edited by jshrack; August 24th, 2011, 03:48 PM.

Comment

"I see my last post was critical, for that I am sorry."

Notice I did not ask Yoduh to change his mind, it is his event to run.
                        I expressed my extreme discomfort with the concepts I understand and ask him to explain his rules... both of them.

1. Best shot "but you'll be required to take each partners drives"
                        How do you use both players drives in best shot?
                        Does only one person drive on each hole? Is this alternated?
                        OR do you each get a limited number of drives each partner can use?
                        Would this mean you are stuck with one partner's drive on last hole you play?
                        Assuming the latter, wouldn't your ending hole greatly affect the outcome if you are limited to one drive on the last hole?
                        I just don't understand the concept or how it works, please explain.

2. No overhand off the teepad rule in effect on Saturday
                        Why was the overhand decision made in the first place?
                        Does it help the tourney as a whole?
                        Does it help the game?
                        Is it just a 'joke?'
                        I am confused about the entire intent of the statement.

I am truly uncomfortable with the 2nd concept presented, maybe a different perspective will adjust my view.
                        Maybe it was just a joke that went way over my literal interpretation.
                        Please explain.

These questions aren't meant to come across as criticism, just inquiry.
                        Thank you...and I'm sorry.

I'm sure Jeremy will respond to your questions... But in the meantime, I understood the first to mean that we will play best shot but you have to use 9 drives from each player each round. You pick the best on each hole as long as you take 9 from each player. It's a pretty typical restriction in both ball golf and disc golf.

The second, I'm guessing has to do with the fact we are playing North Star on Saturday which is known as an easy course if you have a halfway decent overhand shot. My feeling is he was being sarcastic to emphasize it's a cheater throw on that course.

Again, I'm sorry I called you out. That wasn't polite of me. I just really want our club to get along or at least be civil in how we interact, especially on a public forum.

Comment

Leslie, you were perfectly justified with your statement and I appreciate your candor.
                          I am more than happy to work on my presentation.

Comment

Using the described format, are you limited to just one player driving on the last hole?

Comment

Using the described format, are you limited to just one player driving on the last hole?
                              You can both drive on every hole...However as soon as you have taken player A's drive 9 times (whether its on the last hole or the 10th hole) you must take player B's drive from that point on.

This is my understanding of that rule and may not be what the Farragut Doubles TD's have in mind...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X