Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt B.
    started a topic PDGA Worlds 2011 - Team Oregon Shirts

PDGA Worlds 2011 - Team Oregon Shirts

I spoke to Jay Harbour this weekend and HukLab will help us with shirts for Worlds 2011! There is no minimum order size but the cost goes down a bit if we get 25 or more. In any case, the price range Jay mentioned was extremely reasonable for something like the "Dry Light" tee you can see at huklab.com. I have one of these shirts and they feel great and are perfect for summer golf. Huklab logo will be one side.

I will work out some more details with Jay but I'd like to start getting names and sizes from any interested Oregon players who will be going to either Pro or Am Worlds this year. You can PM me here or send an email to matt_b_dg@comcast.net.

I will handle the details of the order and try to contact everyone currently registered for both Worlds, but if you or anyone you know might want a shirt you need to tell me NOW, as the ideal turnaround time is 21 days, and AM Worlds is coming up fast.
    Last edited by Matt B.; July 7th, 2011, 01:39 PM.

• LegoRules
    replied
    Anyone else having issues with their Oregon shirts. The soulder seams are coming apart on mine, and I have basically only worn it and washed it twice. Just wondering if I got a bad one, or if others are having issues.

Cindy

Leave a comment:

• Matt B.
    replied
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pdga/60...57627275171337

Team Oregon styling at the Players meeting!

Leave a comment:

• snap7times
    replied
    Sassy, we be moving to Vancouver in August if that makes you feel better?

Leave a comment:

• Matt B.
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
    More to the point, you rate as someone who doesn't frequent this message board often enough. If so, you would have known about the shirts.
    The shirts were not limited to people who use this forum - it's simply the easiest way to get the word out. I am one of the last 6 North Americans who have not joined the Faceborg collective, but I did ask the borgers to spread the word as well as ask people to have anyone who might be interested to get in touch.

Leave a comment:

• Matt B.
    replied
    Originally posted by sassalicious View Post
    bummer... just now finding out about this... guess we don't rate as Oregonians anymore
    That's my bad, sort of. I did not exclude anyone on purpose. When I got the list together of Oregonians going to Worlds I used the PDGA reg pages and went down the state column to pull the names. Since you guys live in WA, I did not get your names on the list, and that was my oversight.

However, in my defense, if you read this thread I think you'll see that I put the word out for people playing Worlds or people who knew people playing Worlds to have them get in touch with me, and if you had, or someone would have otherwise alerted me that I was overlooking a couple of Vancouverites who are clearly Oregonians in spirit and history if not in mailing address, I would have gotten in touch! I contacted everyone I could, and I asked others to spread the word to friends, on Faceborg, etc. So it wasn't just me - it was everyone else who read the thread and knew you were playing Worlds.

The turn around was quick and I was unable to get in touch with many people who are not on the forum and for whom no one offered me an email address or phone number. And others who I did get in touch with couldn't be bothered to respond to the offer, yes or no.

Jay may have some extra shirts at Worlds.....
    Last edited by Matt B.; July 27th, 2011, 09:00 AM. Reason: who...whom...wtf knows

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Harsh...

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Hemmerling
    replied
    Originally posted by sassalicious View Post
    bummer... just now finding out about this... guess we don't rate as Oregonians anymore
    More to the point, you rate as someone who doesn't frequent this message board often enough. If so, you would have known about the shirts.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Team Vancouver!

Leave a comment:

• sassalicious
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Matt B.
    replied
    Shirt Distribution

Hi Folks - Jay is picking up the shirts tomorrow and we are finalizing distribution. Jay has kindly offered to distribute shirts to Portland area folks at Pier Doubles, this week and next, July 20 and 27. And also at the Whistling Discs tournament at Whistlers Bend, July 30 and 31. All other shirts will come to me and I will distribute them in Eugene or at Worlds. These will be your only opportunities to get your shirt.

Please reply to me via PM here, or at matt_b_dg@comcast.net, not in this thread, and let me know how you plan to get your shirt, and I will give you details on how to pay me. You will not be paying Jay for the shirt. If I do not hear from you I will have your shirt at Worlds, but please let me know how you want to proceed so I can keep track of the order.
    Last edited by Matt B.; July 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HoleInOne
    replied
    So Excited! Shirts look really sweet

Thanks Matt and Jay!

Leave a comment:

• LegoRules
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt B. View Post

If someone knows how to embed a picture and could throw it in this thread I would appreciate it - I don't know how to do it.

Just a couple things to add on the shirts: I am coordinating the shirts for OR Worlds 2011 players for this run of shirts. If you'd like one of these shirts even though you are not attending the tournament, Jay may be making them available in some form or fashion. Due to a shortage in the lime green shirts from the manufacturer, we chose this forest green color -and it looks bitchin'!

A huge thank you to Jay and Huklab for offering to make these shirts for us, the sweet deal, and the great design!

If you are one of the OR Worlds players I haven't heard from and you still want a shirt let me know asap!

Leave a comment:

• Matt B.
    replied
    Originally posted by jay huk View Post
    Hey Everyone...
    The 2011 Team Oregon shirts are done. For those that don't know, here is a little information on the Cascadia flag pulled from the web.

"Commonly called "The Doug" (for Douglas Fir) this is probably the most prominent flag of Cascadia. According to the creator, the blue represents the "unpolluted sky" and the plentiful water of Cascadia, the white represents the clouds and snow, and the green represents our natural vegetation. The conifer tree stands, "in defiance of storm, fire, and Man.""

And here is a mock up for the 2011 Team Oregon shirt. For those that are interested, Matt is the point man and will handle the distribution. I definitely think we should all wear them to the Players meeting and sit together if possible? Opening ceremony style!

If someone knows how to embed a picture and could throw it in this thread I would appreciate it - I don't know how to do it.

Just a couple things to add on the shirts: I am coordinating the shirts for OR Worlds 2011 players for this run of shirts. If you'd like one of these shirts even though you are not attending the tournament, Jay may be making them available in some form or fashion. Due to a shortage in the lime green shirts from the manufacturer, we chose this forest green color -and it looks bitchin'!

A huge thank you to Jay and Huklab for offering to make these shirts for us, the sweet deal, and the great design!

If you are one of the OR Worlds players I haven't heard from and you still want a shirt let me know asap!

Leave a comment:

• jay huk
    replied
    technical difficulties... to view the mock up, visit huklab.com and click the image on the right below hukPix.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X