Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree! I've been registered for months. Champ Classic Roc here I come!
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

• Bummer

I'm so bummed I won't be able to attend the Finals since the date was changed.

Bob, do I need to do anything to make sure I'm still considered for the Series even though I cannot attend the Finals?

Thanks,
      LKY

Comment

• Don't forget the F.O. is coming up quick, only 3 weeks from Saturday and pre-registration is required. I think ALL forms of registration will close the Thursday before and those trying to get in late will have to deal with Wobbly Bob and we all know he ain't lettin' anyone in so plan accordingly, register early, and spread the word.

Comment

• Course selection

After giving it much thought and weighing the input from a variety of players, I've decided to modify the course selection for the Pro divisions and Advanced Men at the Farragut Open. Those divisions will play Double Black Diamond, Wreckreator, Double Black Diamond. The final round will likely also include a few alternate basket locations to change it up. All lower divisions will play one round on each of the three courses. Depending on how the different division registration counts end up, there could be some shifting between A pool and B pool, if B pool exceeds 72 players.
          Adding up the sponsorships that we have received thus far, we are able to sweeten the pot quite nicely. Cash sponsorships ae just under $1,500, and merchandise sponsorships are nearly $3,500. There will be player packs for ALL players, courtesy of our generous sponsors , and plenty of bonus prizes to be given away. Make your plans now.
          The Park management was not receptive to the petition from the North Idaho Disc Golf Club to revert back to the Double Black Diamond name for the new course, so they still officially refer to it as A.W.O.L. Since plans were already in place to incorporate the name DBD in this tournament, we are holding onto that name for one more event . The custom discs, t-shirts, and trophies all use the Double Black Diamond name. I think you'll like the hand made trophies with 2 black diamonds on them. Get your game on, and hope you can take one home.

Comment

• I think that format will allow those players in the A Pool to have the best chance to play disc golf the way it was meant to be played. It will provide the best challenge for those players who want to be challenged. I know you won't ever make every player happy with all the decisions you make as a TD but I do feel this will be the best way to go despite the grumblings that will inevitably come from some players. I'm getting excited for the 2011 F.O.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottW View Post
              I think that format will allow those players in the A Pool to have the best chance to play disc golf the way it was meant to be played. It will provide the best challenge for those players who want to be challenged. I know you won't ever make every player happy with all the decisions you make as a TD but I do feel this will be the best way to go despite the grumblings that will inevitably come from some players. I'm getting excited for the 2011 F.O.
              I applaud the decision and can't wait to tank my rating on dbd. Way to go!
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

• Sounds great I cant wait to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                  I applaud the decision and can't wait to tank my rating on dbd. Way to go!
                  I'll second that! I think Stuart and I will be duking it out for worst in show for the Adv. Men's division

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                    I'll second that! I think Stuart and I will be duking it out for worst in show for the Adv. Men's division
                    No contest. I'm taking those honors . I just lost tag 4 for tag 45 at Corbin . Moral of the story, don't make stupid bets with your friends.
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

• it was no stupid bet sir, you just played like crap lol
                      Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Comment

• Nope it was stupid. Tired. Drinking and a general lack of care plus not wanting to play for my tag but doing it anyway equals stupid.

Its all good I'll get it back before Farragut. Which reminds me. Any changes to dbd for the tournament.
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

• Alrighty, I'm in. I wouldn't mind a max weight Classic Roc if possible. Is there any word on which group campsite we will be in?

Comment

• Tournament discs

Innova order arrived yesterday with Farragut Open discs. Registered players can pre-select their player pack disc if they want to - choose the model, weight and color while selection is best Call me or email rapidfire3@roadrunner.com. to make arrangements. I'm going out to Farragut tomorrow to check out the alternate pin placements and teepads that are available on DBD, to plan on which ones would be good to use for a second round layout for the Pros. Open to suggestions from anyone who is familiar with the course.

Comment

• I picked up my Glow Teebird + today (thanks Jack) and took it out to the field for practice. I love it and it's in the dye now!
                              Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

• Picked up my Classic Roc last night! Super domey, all max weight. Got me a pink one. Going to Farragut early tomorrow morning to play DBD and Wreckreator. Let the practice begin. I'll be out there by 9:00-9:15 if anybody wishes to meet up.

Thanks again Jack!
                                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X