Clear All

• Originally posted by Kris C View Post
    ^^ pun intended?
    Yes the pun was intended. The death of the innocent bird was not
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

• Farragut Open

12 great years of the Farragut st park disc golf( Open) tournament has now come to an end. This event has surely come along way since the early ones that i fondly remember. The course(s), the sport and its player base has increased leeps and bounds over the years.
      There always seems to be some sort of difficulties that arise for a tourney director to deal with. Especially with sanctioning agreements, which double the work load. I know that i had been bothered in the past, by a small amount of tourney day frustrations that seemed to overshadow the good times people had at my events, but the pre tourney forum chatter on this event is enough to push away most any director from wanting to undertake this again?
      Jack Wardian did a great job. I THANK YOU for all the work you and the other volunteers did for this event, not to mention the NIDGClub(recreators at heart) league work, and Rapid fire plastics.
      I stayed away from posting prior to this event what i thought the director should do, and was pleased to just be a player who supported his event. If there is a 13th Farragut open next year i HOPE someone or a group of someones will standup and throw their hats into the basket of TOURNAMENT DIRECTING and continue this great NORTH IDAHO TRADITION. TW

Comment

• You set a good example

Tom - I appreciate your comments and insights. Must say you are a gentleman and a class act. Thanks for laying the groundwork for this tournament over the previous years. I agree that it would be nice to see some new faces take the lead in local tournaments. I do wonder if some simpler non-sanctioned events wouldn't encourage more people to throw their hat (or fleece beanie?) in the ring and get their feet wet running a tournament. Kudos to Kris Cummings for running a nice one at Cherry Hill this summer.

Comment

• Round ratings adjusted

I see that the official results for the tournament now include round ratings, indicating the PDGA has reviewed all the results. Sorry to report, Stimpi, that they stole your 1040 rated round The good news is that you shot well above your player rating for all 3 rounds. Nice job. Regarding the Pros and Adv. Men scores, I did send an inquiry to the PDGA, as I am confused by the round ratings for the Sunday round on Double Black Diamond (A.W.O.L.) with the the changes that added about 350' of overall length. A 57 in round 1 was rated 1004, while a 57 in round 3 on the longer version was rated 998; a 58 in round 1 was rated 995, while the same 58 in round 3 on the longer version was rated 989. Seems odd.
          Last edited by Rapid Fire Jack; October 26th, 2011, 06:46 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

• It sounds like, overall, Open players shot better on the harder course. That would account for the lower ratings, regardless of how difficult the course is.

Comment

• I sure can't speak for everyone but I know myself and another player in my flight each shot a 3 on hole 6 for DBD for the last round. I also 3'd it during the 1st round. I know that single handedly we did change much but I know we sure didn't help the SSA out with that.

Comment

• My second round on DBD was 5 throws better than my first round. That did not help the ratings either

Comment

• Originally posted by tomw View Post
                  My second round on DBD was 5 throws better than my first round. That did not help the ratings either
                  972 rating for par 60 on DBD second round. I can live with that number

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X