X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tee Times for Sunday Oct. 9

10:00 a.m. John Boyko, Jon Stout, JD comeron, Cody MacPherson, Jared Massie, Tyson Lewis, Dustin Barth
    10:15 a.m. Josh Erickson, Bo Brand, Josh Williamson, Todd Zyph, Dusty Cook, Chris Wright, Chris Miller, Tyler Blum
    10:30 a.m. Sean Blackwell, Tony Costanzo, Stuart Autrey, Lucas Burgess, Josh Fish, Brandon Green, Darrin Case, Brandon Mokuiki
    10:45 a.m. Cole Swanson, JP Russo, Chris Crter, Scott Wardian, Ken Deeds, Tom Walker, Melodie Bailey, Amber Ramirez
    11:00 a.m. Brandon Baughman, Jeremy thornton, Derek Fulton, John Munson,
    Wayne Miller, David Bodey, Jason Scrivner, Justin McMillan, Ryan Brown
    11:15 a.m. Dan Gibbs, Ron thomas, Damien Hoffman, Ben Squires, Dan Donoian

Comment

• Another one "In the Books"

Scores are posted at PDGA.com Had 109 registered players, spectacular weather, and things ran quite smoothly. Had to go to a playoff for Men's Pro Open - between two locals, Dan Gibbs and Ben Squires. Ben took top honors. I'm sleeping in tomorrow.

Comment

• Stimpi with the INSANE 1045- rated round, WOW!
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• Nice win Ben, wish I was there to battle with you! Maybe next year...

Comment

• Round Ratings

I thought some of the round ratings looked odd.....talked to a couple players and figured out that by default the unofficial results assume a par 54 on all courses. Until I complete the rest of the TD report and specify to the PDGA that the 2 rounds on Double Black Diamond were par 60, the round ratings will be off, as will the total strokes over/under par. I will get that in as soon as I can, but gotta calculate all kinds of things for the report - deductions for other fees, value of player packs, trophies, and prizes, added cash, etc. Sorry, but not gonna gitr dun t'nite, ya'll.

Comment

• So I just want to say that this was the smoothest tournament all year. Everyone got along. The camping was awesome if not a little cold. The atmosphere was just really chill. Payout for the am's was AMAZING.

Thanks to Jack, Scott, Kris and all the other volunteers for putting out a top notch tournament. Would be nice to make it an A tier next year. Could it be done?

With that being said, I do have one complaint. I lost my game somewhere out there. If somebody could just return that to me, that would be fantastic. Also, lost a white Grip Line Spike with an ace on it. That's more important at this point.
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

• The tournament went very well! Jack did another great job and I have to pass on any accolades sent my way because I really was just a SMALL piece of this. Jack did 99% of it, including making the trophies by hand. This was a rare tourney for me in the fact that everyone that I played with in all 3 of my groups was way fun and chill to play with. I truely enjoyed the company within each round, I can't say I was a big fan of how I played each round but they were all fun. I was also surprised by my payout as well as my wife's who was the only player in her division, we definitely got more back then what we paid in.

As for the results (and Stimpi's 1045 round) that will all be taken care of when the TD report is fully submitted and the appropriate divisions/pools/courses played are covered. For those of you who have filled out a TD report that makes sense, for those who haven't just know that it can be a pain in the @$$ with even a small tournament and only gets harder with more added cash. The results will be official by the time the next ratings update rolls around so just know that Jack will do what he can to get those results submitted correctly. In the meantime just give Jack all of the accolades and credit that he deserves for running another great event. I was a little disappointed to not see more players from MT and out of region make this but kudos to those who made the trip, we even had some from Boise.

Comment

• Props also to Cole for taking 1st in both the tournament and the inland Northwest series. Yeah boy!
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

• Thank you Stu, I appreciate the kind words. However, the true props go to all of the other competitors, and the TD's that made the series what it was this year. I hope it becomes even bigger and better as disc golf continues to grow in the Northwest.
                    PDGA #42116

Comment

• Stu, there was a white Spike in the lost n found bin. Maybe give Jack a call to see if it still is?

Thanks Jack for an amazing tourney! Most fun I've had all year!!!
                      Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris C View Post
                        Stu, there was a white Spike in the lost n found bin. Maybe give Jack a call to see if it still is?

Thanks Jack for an amazing tourney! Most fun I've had all year!!!
                        Nah, that was Sean Blackwell's. I fell for that twice since he lost it twice in two rounds the first day. Which is ironic because they were identical. The only difference being that the outside of my rim was stained with red marks because I killed a bird on a short drive at Corbin with it . It was an accident and the bird actually helped slow my disc down enough to get a birdie.
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

• Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                          Nah, that was Sean Blackwell's. I fell for that twice since he lost it twice in two rounds the first day. Which is ironic because they were identical. The only difference being that the outside of my rim was stained with red marks because I killed a bird on a short drive at Corbin with it . It was an accident and the bird actually helped slow my disc down enough to get a birdie.
                          ^^ pun intended?
                          Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

• Adjusted Round Ratings

I have sent in the completed TD report with the specifics of which course was played by each division in each round. As soon as PDGA updates that info, the round ratings should make more sense. Did you hear I shot a 1470 round on the new pitch n putt? Oh, that wasn't 18 holes? Well would you believe a 735 round on 9 holes

Comment

• Yeah, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that my +5 round on Northstar came back as a 966 rated round. I might not laugh when they get adjusted, but I've got no one but myself to blame for that particular mess of a round.

Seriously though, this was one of my favorite tournaments ever, right up there with ZooTown and the Fling. Everything seemed to run really smooth, the camping was awesome, the payouts and player packs were great, and just about everyone I talked too felt the same. Thanks to all the volunteers (tourney and camping), the overwhelmingly cheerful players, and the TD for making this such a memorable event.

Comment

• Had a great time this weekend despite not playing well. The tournament ran really smoothly and cannot wait for the next big event out there. The payout was big (for the ams) and the trophy's were sweet! Congrats to Ben for battling back from a tough first round and taking it.
                                Relax and enjoy your hair
                                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X