X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registrations on the rise

Got a good batch of new registrations today. Up to about 40 now. Couldn't post the newest ones to PDGA yet because their website has been down all day. As I recall last year, the registrations snowballed the last couple weeks, and probably half of the total registrations came in during the last 5 days before the tournament. Makes it a real pain for the TD, but I know a lot of people have to wait to see what their availability is. The good news is I'm getting some good helping hands lined up to assist me at tournament central.

Comment

• So played some of the worst golf I've played at Farragut in a long time on Saturday. Didn't help that I had a RAGING hangover that was crippling me. Note to self, when going to practice for a tournament, do not drink like a fish at a Blues concert the night before. I actually shot better on DBD then I did Wreck. Terrible on my part.

Jack, any word on what will change from the original layout of DBD? I saw people working out there on Saturday but can only assume that was for the other new family friendly course going in. Unless we got another new 18 coming out before winter, which would be sweet!
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

• At this time we only have two changes, unfortunately. I think it's hole #14 that has two teepads, and hole #15 has an alternate sleeve. Jeremy was trying to get the Park to install 3 more sleeves and clear out decent putting greens around them on 3 other holes, but I haven't gotten any confirmation that they are done. As long as they are set up by Friday the 7th we could still use them. Time will tell. I will only use them if they are permanent sleeves with decent greens.

Comment

• Hey Jack, are we going to have any random draw doubles or anything of the sort on Friday?
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

• Sorry, but I'm using Friday to do final preparations. No one else has come forward offering to help run a doubles on Friday, so at this point it looks like that's a no go. I think it would be great if someone would jump in and do it.

Comment

• Picked up my Champion Vulcan. Thanks Again its awesome!

Im going to Farragut to practice Monday 10/03/2011 morning if anyone wants to meet up. 10am (ish).

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapid Fire Jack View Post
                Sorry, but I'm using Friday to do final preparations. No one else has come forward offering to help run a doubles on Friday, so at this point it looks like that's a no go. I think it would be great if someone would jump in and do it.
                Where is yoda when you actually want him
                rewindb.com

Comment

• Jub do you ever just keep your mouth shut and let a thread run smoothly? Quit poking the bear dude, seriously...it's getting old.
                  PDGA #42116

Comment

• Registrations are starting roll in more quickly now - hard to imagine disc golfers being procrastinators I know. For those of you who make it over early and are looking for some tastey beer the Laughing Dog Brewing Co. in Sandpoint (25 miles north)will be having "Firkin Friday" on October 7th. They call it a special beer at a special price, $3 pints until the keg is gone. Sadly I can't make it

On a side note perhaps Yodah is scrambling to get all the alternates in place on DBD that he swore would make DBD-long stand out, and playable, by tourney time. As of yesterday the only holes with alternates are 12 (pin), 13 (tee), and 15 (pin) all of which have been done since before Jeremy made his big plea to play DBD twice stating that it would be a long and short course by then...I'm just saying. Will be fun regardless.

Comment

• Jack says check in by 8am, player's meeting at 8:30am, to start 1st round by 9:15am. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Don't forget, or just remind your friends, that registrations WILL NOT be accepted on Saturday morning - probably won't be taken on Friday for that matter either - so be prepared. Also, we will not delay everyone's start time for players who run late. You can call ahead but when it's time to start it's time to start and if you are registered and not there then you'll be taking 7's until it turns hopeless. Do everyone one a favor and just do your part

Comment

• So is advanced and open playing double wreck and double on Sunday?
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

• I am pretty sure that will be the case but don't quote me on that.

Comment

• Inland North West Series Qualifiers

Below I have attached a list of the competitors that have qualified for the Inland North West Series Finals. Those players that have qualified be sure to stop by and see me at Tournament Central for your Qualifier Award.

This year we have three Iron Man Awards for those players that played in all the Series events.

Those three are;
                            • Melodie "Destroyer Girl" Bailey
                            • Chris "Cody" Miller
                            • John Tomsick

Congratulations to all those competitors that qualified for the Finals.

Only 16 of 43 qualifiers have signed up so far for this tournament.

THERE ARE THREE PAGES IN THE ATTACHMENT. YOU WILL NEED TO RESTORE DOWN TO VIEW THE TABS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FILE.

Page one is the Series Results, page two is the Qualifier List and page three is the Finals Purse.

See you there!
                            Last edited by Wobbly Bob; October 5th, 2011, 07:48 AM.
                            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

• I love you Jub.... I wish could I say for sure I could run the doubles (kinda already did that) but I can't. I heard Ben Squires say he was willing to do it, but that's not on my end. As far as finishing all of the modifications are concerned, I doubt all will be done because of this weather. It has made the ground to soft to drive the tractor on without damaging the turf in some spots. 12's alt will not be played is it was misinstalled in the first place.. There will be an alt on 6 very similar to what was played during the dubs. The alt tee on 13 and pin on 14 will be used. As far as the other plans the new park guy is no where near as reliable or as dependable as the last one. He is supposed to call me and let me know what was done by today. Haven't heard so I'm hoping he was hammering away. I let him know this evening via voicemail to let me know asap. Will update as I learn new info..
                              If you are planning on camping when you pull into the park stop at the Ranger station and let them know that you need a vehicle pass for the group camp for 1 or 2 nights. The fee is $8.37 per night for a vehicle. When you see me in the campground I will require a $5 per person fee per night. Children are free. The weather is going to clear up just in time for this awesome event and it's supposed to stay clear all the way through!!! So looking forward to camping in one of the sweetest places in the country with a bunch of awesome people!
                              Relax and enjoy your hair
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Last chance to register

Late registrations are open online until 8 p.m tonight (Thursday Oct. 6) Pacific time, and at Rapid Fire Disc Golf Store until 7 p.m. We will be filling out scorecards tonight and setting up flights for the first round.
                                Thanks for the update Jeremy. Keep me posted. We can use whatever changes are playable on Sunday for DBD, but as a reminder - the TD will determine what layout is used. Last time I checked the PDGA website, that was me. lol
                                Last edited by Rapid Fire Jack; October 6th, 2011, 06:00 AM. Reason: additional comment

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X