X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX11 National Deaf Disc Golf Championship

For those who followed the event and sent us Oregon players well wishes, thank you. I'm in Pennsylvania for a few weeks training for the Beaver State Fling
    For those who didnt know, Nichola, Howard, and I represented Oregon at the 11th National Deaf Championships and did pretty good. Nichola dominated as usual. Howard got an ace on a pretty tight hole. And I gave the 3 time National Champ a run for his money, posting my highest rated round in the 3rd round and then following it up with another 1k rated round in the final 9. My teeshots were feeling great, putting faltered big time the first two rounds but found my flow the rest of the tournament for the most part. The major surprise was the "sweep" of the putting and long distance competitions. Putting, i just went first and set the high score that was not beat the entire weekend. As for the Long distance, that was the best experience, and the most fun 15 minutes ever.
    As being president, I was busy all weekend, and almost missed the LD contest, I ran over and they said they were finishing up, grabbed a 1st run hurricane and unleashed it for the farthest throw of my life. Yes there was a cross/tail wind about 5-15 mph during the contest but stilllll. my first throw got me into the finals where the top 5 guys would throw 3 discs to determine the champion. All 5 guys had throws over 600 feet easily with mine being 630 feet in the prelims. I was no where near a faveorite for the LD contest as the other guys were beasts. During the finals the wind had died down a little and the longest throw was by the faveorite. I was up last and I just unleased the longest and purest throw of my life, a 171g esp nuke, and it just flewwwww, when it landed, they were sure I had upset the best group of LD throwers at a Deaf nationals ever... We all ran down the fairway to see two discs lined up perfectly, it was a spot on tie, 10 people could not call it one way or another and we called it a tie at 670 feet! So I brought both trophies home as well as 2nd place in Open. Nichola should post a picture of her trophy on here...

Great job, ORDDG! Sick long throws, Snap! Congratulations, Nathan, and Nichola!
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Out of 3 NDDGC and all of those tournaments that I have played, I will say that TX11 will always be # 1 on the list because I survived 5 grueling rounds in 97-100 degrees with winds up to 30 mph! It was weather climate shock from wet and cooler NW into hot and humid South Texas. I was THAT close to quit in middle of 2nd round but thanks to the players on my card who encouraged me to not give up. I poured a lot of water all over my shirt to stay cool and find the shades as I can. Austin Ridge Bible Church via "The Backyard" was the toughest course that I ever played in. I really love Twin Park Country Club courses, Park Hill and Parkshire in Dipping Springs,TX. I would suggest those courses as must to be play if you are in Austin,TX. The long distance contest was the bomb and the most fun to watch!! I was so proud of Nathan, and his throws was awesome to watch!!

I already posted my man,Howard's ace in Ace thread, and Howard placed 2nd in Grandmaster division.

Here is the trophy in my avatar picture!
      Last edited by Nichola; June 6th, 2011, 06:32 AM. Reason: forget to add something
      PDGA 38506
      ODDGA 27
      DDGA 176
      2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Oh you are being modest, the winds hit 50-60 mph during the 4th and 5th rounds.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X