X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Collegiate Championships

Did I miss the thread or did no one on this site pay attention to Oregon's big (redemption) win earlier today and watch the online coverage with Rebecca Duffy as field reporter?

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
    Did I miss the thread or did no one on this site pay attention to Oregon's big (redemption) win earlier today and watch the online coverage with Rebecca Duffy as field reporter?
    Forgot to watch today. Congrats Ducks!!
    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

nate bush was in like 3rd place and then had the most disasterous round ever with a 78 and fell wayyyy down. Feldberg prob needs to teach him how to wind putt some more? Was hoping Nate would surge at the end...

Comment

Nate got psyched out by what looked like a bad ruling when he threw OB off the tee on the first hole when he unfortunately hit an OB stake as his forehand was coming back inbounds. They wouldn't let him retrieve his disc (which is normally allowed). He reteed with another disc backhand this time and the strong right crosswind blew him OB again. Unless there was a local rule disallowing the retrieval of discs going OB, he should have been able to get that disc and throw forehand again. That was still only a few throws penalty but his round basically unraveled from there.

Comment

Does this not count for OB throws?

H. The player may not retrieve the originally
          thrown disc prior to the re-throw, except in the
          case of a putt from within 10 meters. Where
          a disc is retrieved in violation of this rule, a
          one throw penalty shall be imposed without a
          warning
          Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Nope. It's only for foot fault calls and that's probably why some have thought it applies in general, including those experienced announcers. Think of a typical OB throw that maybe landed across a stake line or in a street. You progress down the fairway and pick up the disc and maybe throw it again. The TD can restrict using the disc going into some OB areas in special situations such as the water around the Fountain at the Memorial. But the TD has to post that in the player guide.

Comment

So if there's a 250 foot hole with OB directly behind the basket. And my throw goes just over the basket, OB (and assuming it's throw and distance), I can go get my disc and rethrow? Assuming I can do it in 30 seconds
              Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

First, unless there's an official assigned to determine OB status by the pin, you are within your right to walk to the OB with at least one and preferably two players in the group to verify that your disc is OB (others in the group may be in the same situation). While you're there, you may be able to retrieve the disc (3 minutes would be fair).

If there is an official spotter and you throw OB, you might only have 30 seconds to retrieve it if you're the last to tee off. But if you're not last, then you might be able to work your way down there while the remainder of your group is throwing without interfering with the throwers so you get a little more time.

Comment

gosh that sucks, I hate OB stakes anyways, they screw over good throws coming back in bounds and protect bad throws from going out of bounds. I prefer using painted lines or those orange flags as they are more passive when a disc hits them going either way.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                    gosh that sucks, I hate OB stakes anyways, they screw over good throws coming back in bounds and protect bad throws from going out of bounds. I prefer using painted lines or those orange flags as they are more passive when a disc hits them going either way.

Ladies Singles Champion: Maggie Drews - Oregon

Hell yeah! Way to go Maggie!
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

DUCKS WIN THE NATTY!!!

Now if they would just ditch the am only requirement then they could have a real College Showdown. Did you see that one of the teams had a 1015 rated am bagger? Oregon was rocking a 1000 rated player too though (in Becker's defense his rating is based on one tournament and he has been injured for the past nine months)... Why only ams? Seems like there are probably plenty of young guns who are being excluded.

Comment

Well done Ducks. I salute you. Way to make an Alum proud.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X