Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp in Van?

Calling all Zoo Town locals!!

I'm going to be staying in my van for the weekend and am looking for a place to post up. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

I'm not too picky and am completely self contained. Just need a quiet corner to park at night where I won't get bothered. Thanks!!!
    Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Comeing in from or is there camping at the park or near by

Comment

Info!

Howdy all!

Sorry about the delay in accommodations info.

HOTEL:
        The Holiday Inn Downtown will serve as the host hotel for players, and the site of the extremely awesome players' party on Saturday night.
        http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/...mt/hoteldetail

They're giving us a GREAT deal on rooms; $109, which is wayyy down from their normal rate. Call 1-800-399-0408 or 406-721-8550 and ask for the Zoo Town Open rate. They're reserving a block of rooms for us, but you'll have to act fast because they'll be open to the public again on June 1. Although $109 might be a little steep for most, hotels in Missoula are notoriously expensive and it's tough to get a room for under $80 anywhere, so the extra few bucks will be well worth it. Missoula also has a few of the PDGA-discount hotels, one of which (the Wingate by Wyndham) is right next to Big Sky where early player check-in will be; we're not going to be officially involved with any of them but it is an option. But, I would heartily recommend the Holiday Inn, especially because it is right on the river downtown, is giving us a great rate, and is the location of the players party, which will be SWEET.

Speaking of the players party, we are getting HOOKED UP by Brooks & Brown's, the bar/grill at the Holiday Inn. All players will get a free microbrew as part of their player's pack, and during the party we'll have a low-price sandwich special, happy hour prices the whole time, a putting contest for free food and drink, live music, and lots more. Tee times for Sunday, results, ratings, etc., will be posted right there. So...another reason to consider booking a room at the Holiday Inn!

CAMPING:
        Yep, we've got you covered. One of our biggest sponsors, Prudential Properties of Missoula, has generously agreed to open up three beautiful acres of grassland on McCauley Butte to tourney participants, very close to both courses. It's primitive, but it'll be free and plenty big enough for all to set up camp, RV, whatever.

Check out the event schedule here:
        http://www.gardencityflyers.org/site...iles/SCHED.pdf

If you can make it into town on Thursday night, we'll be holding our bag tag out at the temp course at Fort Missoula at 6 pm. That'll be your only chance to check that out, besides getting out on the course before the first group tees off at 8:30 on Sunday. Friday doubles will be on the Blue Mountain layout used for the tournament.

All the latest info is at www.gardencityflyers.org.

See you all soon!! Can't wait!!

Comment

So it doesn't look like I'll be able to get there in time for the round at the Fort on Thursday. I was wondering what it's like? Didn't find a lot of info in my searches so far.

Comment

It's a temporary course so there's little available out there. Best bet is to talk with someone who has played it in a past tourney. Word to the wise, be comforatble with O.B., control your shots, and throw big. It's super sweet! Played it the last two years, bummed I can't make this one

Comment

Fort course

The Fort course is flat with sparse trees. About half the course is on mowed green grass fairways, and half in a rougher area with fewer trees. Lots of placement shots, with out-of-bounds areas on at least half the holes. It's a temp course, so the layout varies a bit year to year, but it's usually set up as around a pro par 60.

If you can't make the Thursday round, you can still see the course on Sunday morning before the first group heads out at 8:30.

Comment

What a great time this weekend. It's no wonder this event fills in less than 5 hours. Need to go practice and get ready for next year!!
                Relax and enjoy your hair
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X