Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rental house

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    house for the week is $920... i'm handling the deposit... a small hotel room costs 120-200 a night in the area in March. Need to pay whole amount before end of January.
    A $100 for the week sounds pretty good to me.
    I've been concerned about accommodations.

I'm planning on flying down there, so ground transportation is another concern. A room a few blocks from the fountain takes care of that course. I wonder how I'll get to Vista and back? Do you have any car-pooling plans?
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
      A $100 for the week sounds pretty good to me.
      I've been concerned about accommodations.

I'm planning on flying down there, so ground transportation is another concern. A room a few blocks from the fountain takes care of that course. I wonder how I'll get to Vista and back? Do you have any car-pooling plans?
      Steve
      The memorial staff has arranged for shuttle services between the 2 courses each day for those who fail to find a ride as a failsafe. There will be at least one car at the house from the few people already in, I forsee at least 1 more joining with a car. If the others don't have a car plan, we can definitely split a rental car for the day(s) that we need additional cars. This is something that I will not worry about until later if need be.

So far there are 2 Deaf and 2 hearing players committed to the house, 4 queens, 1 known couch, and 1-2 airbeds easy 10 people comfortably. So there are 6 spots left, have 6 on the fence like you guys... I've done my research since I been sick of paying so high for such a little hotel room and this was the best I found for price and location hands down.
      Google maps puts the house .7 miles from tee 1 at fountain hills. The "secret" warm up fields for fountain hills is .5 miles from the house as well.
      I plan on doing group grocery shopping so no one has to worry about food most of the week and saving loads of dough... (this is not my first time doing large group vacations who want to save money heh) $50 deposit in the next 2 weeks gets you a reserved spot with the rest before Febuary 1st.
      Thanks

Comment

The memorial staff has arranged for shuttle services between the 2 courses each day for those who fail to find a ride as a failsafe. There will be at least one car at the house from the few people already in, I forsee at least 1 more joining with a car. If the others don't have a car plan, we can definitely split a rental car for the day(s) that we need additional cars. This is something that I will not worry about until later if need be.

Where did you see that there will be a shuttle provided?

Thanks
        Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
          Where did you see that there will be a shuttle provided?

Thanks
          It's been provided in the past, but am told it was not free. Am asking tournament staff for more information since all info I got on this was "verbal"...

Comment

I'm in.

$50 deposit in the next 2 weeks gets you a reserved spot with the rest before Febuary 1st.
            Thanks
            Where do I send it?

Comment

pm sent

Comment

td's answered the question on pdga forum, they will post the shuttle info on their website memorialchampionship.com...

Got plenty of room left in the house... so far paid up is 2 deaf guys and 3 hearing guys...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X