Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high atop a ladder....puff

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    http://www.usdgc.com/10/06/park-job-...s-first-victim

Wow, what a bummer (but a pretty hilarious one, nonetheless). I've heard that Heeren is one of the cooler upper echelon pros.
    Maybe he's a wee bit HIGHER than those "upper echelon" pros.
    Well, some of em anyway.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

Yay tim skellenger shot -2 today puts him at +3 now go timmmy
      PDGA # 31451
      2 Mini Aces
      75 Aces
      PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
      DISC GOLF OR DIE
      BOB CABAL
      DISCVANGO
      JEFF ELLIOT
      G-MAN
      JORDAN LEWIS
      JEFF HAGERTY
      JAMES GARCELON
      SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Nate and Dion!

How cool- Dion and Nate get to play their Friday round on the same card. Go get em guys!
        Training to be a bagger

Comment

After two rounds, my analysis shows that this years course is playing about 4-6 strokes harder than last year. The course is a par 68 (last year, a 68 was rated at 1002 for 3/4 rounds). This year a 75 first round is (unofficially) rated a 1000 and second round it took a 74. I'm sure the ratings will continue to get closer to last years as the week goes on.
          Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

I think the scoring difference is due mainly to the disappearance of the Buncrs combined with all OB shots played from previous lie. That sounds hellish. I played the course without all the OB once, and it's hard enough that way. I can't remember what I scored, but that's just because I hadn't taken a Calculus class yet, and was unable to add up my score.
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Anyone getting live coverage? All I see is a replay of round 1. Wouldn't play be under way by now for round 3? Will we see it on the Livestream?
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                Anyone getting live coverage? All I see is a replay of round 1. Wouldn't play be under way by now for round 3? Will we see it on the Livestream?
                Coverage doesn't start til 1:15pm eastern...that's 10:15am here! BTW congrats to Jordan Mardis (Idaho player) who shot a 72 for his last round today! He said he was shooting even par going into 17 but had some trouble on 17 and 18. Still a super solid round for a 951 rated guy! Also looks like one of the European women (908 rated) shot a 72...crazy!
                Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

I know that's the reason, I was just providing some data showing how much harder the course is compared to last year.

Interesting fact however: Last year, Nikko shot a 62 first round, and a 61 second round. This year, he shot a 61 first round and a 62 second round. It's just like TD Jonathan Poole said, "[It] separates the great players from the really good players."
                  Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Round ratings

FYI--Jordan had a round (unofficially) rated each in the 800's, 900's and 1000
                    Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

I think the scoring difference is due mainly to the disappearance of the Buncrs combined with all OB shots played from previous lie.
                      Buncrs haven't disappeared. They are now on 17 of the 18 holes but this year you add a throw penalty when you go in a buncr/OB, unlike last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                        It is fun to watch, but also really frustrating in what you get to see. Waiting over an hour watching hole 16 for Dion and Nate's group, getting closer and closer....and then.....we'll be right back after a Vibram commercial and then over to the lead card. Understandable but

Still very cool to watch live from my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                          It is fun to watch, but also really frustrating in what you get to see. Waiting over an hour watching hole 16 for Dion and Nate's group, getting closer and closer....and then.....we'll be right back after a Vibram commercial and then over to the lead card. Understandable but

Still very cool to watch live from my computer.
                          Yeah, the coverage is rough to say the least. Keep in mind that this type of coverage is in its infancy. As you said, it is very cool to watch disc golf streaming live. It will only improve.

Comment

The guys at discgolfplanet.tv are doing an excellent job bringing us coverage from the USDGC, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this week. Hit the donation button to support this movement and watch it grow.

Comment

Crabtree takes home the putting championship!
                              "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                              PDGA # 42821
                              Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Rad day out there! Sexton is in 12th and hanging tough, Skelly is carded with Doss and Avery, and Haggerty is carded with Val. Mittle and Dion are playing tomorrow too.

Go oregon!

I can not believe how amazing these players are. It has been so cool to be able to watch so many of them. I am definitely going to be there in 2012 as a volunteer and spectator of course.
                                Training to be a bagger

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X