X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
    At the rate you are improving now.....that is highly unlikely.

Good point...I guess I could enjoy spending my days knocking you out of match play competitions...
    Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Rebel View Post
      J Coates drops an opening 61 at the Tobaggon baby!!
      Great second round too!! He's hanging in there!!!
      Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

DWiggins Jr. will be the first am to win the USADGC who goes on to be a nationally dominant pro.
        Read this ^

Comment

Ya he will also be a 1000 rated am before he is a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by OneDarkRebel View Post
            Good point...I guess I could enjoy spending my days knocking you out of match play competitions...

Go ahead and ride that 1 time achievement for all its worth............cause its not worth much.

Comment

I like to think that the USADGC only having 3 rounds has an impact on who comes, plays and wins. We can do 3 round tournaments on any given weekend, a national championship should be at least 4 rounds and is more of a test for consistency and skill. Hope Wiggins does at least hit the National Tour and place in the top 10-15 a few times within the next couple years or the USADGC can just continue their "madden-like" jinx...

Comment

Looks like Jr. is the winner but the scoring live scoring is messed up so I can't tell without more math
                Throw What You Know.
                "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                  Looks like Jr. is the winner but the scoring live scoring is messed up so I can't tell without more math
                  Yep he did... Now what does he do next? Disney Land?
                  Throw What You Know.
                  "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                  PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                    Yep he did... Now what does he do next? Disney Land?
                    He goes to AM Worlds, shoots 1030 rated rounds, and wins by 20 strokes...I think that sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                      I like to think that the USADGC only having 3 rounds has an impact on who comes, plays and wins. We can do 3 round tournaments on any given weekend, a national championship should be at least 4 rounds and is more of a test for consistency and skill. Hope Wiggins does at least hit the National Tour and place in the top 10-15 a few times within the next couple years or the USADGC can just continue their "madden-like" jinx...
                      3 rounds there is plenty enough to tell you who the best player is at the Toboggan. It would be a ton of golf in one day to do two rounds and besides there are several National Tour Pro events which are only 3 rounds and a final 9 such as Memorial and Vibram Open (which lets be honest, is really a major)
                      'Weekend 4 Women':
                      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

That is why I think the USADGC should have one more round to put it a notch above the National Tour. And umm, the Memorial does not have a final 9... Doubt Vibram Open does either. I don't care about who the best player is at the Toboggan, I want a real US AM Champ. Wiggins drive is insane...

Comment

It's not a major or a national title, its an Am tournament open to a skill-restricted division...the tourney itself is fantastic though, I played back on the first or second one and loved the course. Todd did an amazing job with the event and all the bonuses that Discraft had for the players were awesome.

and Wiggins is indeed insane
                          Last edited by cefire; June 13th, 2010, 11:04 PM.
                          'Weekend 4 Women':
                          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

The United States Amateur Disc Golf Championship is not a national title? Not anyone can register for this tournament, they only open it up at the last minute if it hasn't filled from the qualified players. Anyways, I talked to the USADGC guy and asked why BSF was not a qualifier and he said it is for 2011, just not on the website, so should expect to see the top 15 or so from the BSF qualifying for 2011 USADGC. Depending on job and all of that, I might go and see for myself... Would like to go to all the major DG tournaments in the world in the next 5 years...

Comment

The lowest rated player was 895 and he did well shooting around 960 rated rounds. That's a higher lowest rating than I believe every high tier event with an Advanced division and even the Open division at Pro Worlds.

Comment

For anyone who hasn't seen them, there are three Am Nats videos from this year here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DiscGolfLive

I'm not sure if a fourth round would add anything but additional travel expenses and time for participants. This is not a course folks can play a second time in one day.

David played well and won as expected, and the two 17-year olds who joined him on the top card are also up and comers with great potential. Mad props to the fourth place finisher, Rob Martinek, who will be GRANDmaster eligible in just a year or two. Thanks for keeping alive the hopes of all of us old guys!

Joe
                                Joe Wander
                                Producer and Editor
                                Disc Golf Live video magazine
                                www.discgolflive.com
                                Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X