X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farragut Spring Flings

May 1 and May 2nd there will be two seperate C tiers at Farragut State Park in Athol Idaho. The unveiling of the new par 60 Double Black Diamond course will be a little window into the new exciting changes to come out at Farragut. They have plans to have a total of 5 courses in the ground within the next 3 years. Christopher Re called it the 2nd best course in the northwest next to Milo.. Everyone has a chance to play it once if you play in both events and pros will play it both days. The course requires shot making, creativity, placement and control. There are multiple routes and lots of risk vs. reward. It will work your whole entire game! The course is very clean for a new course and a ton of work has been put in. There is an event there in September but I couldn't wait so here goes..
    **$45 a day for pros
    **$35 a day for advanced
    **$30 a day for ams
    **subtract $10 if you are a PDGA member
    $5 day of registration
    Send your entry's to:
    Jeremy Thornton
    2509 E. Diamond
    Spokane WA 99217

Checks payable to Jeremy Thornton and PDGA registration will be up soon.
    Each division will play each course at least once and camping will be available, more details on this Thursday. This event will be first come first serve and everyone is invited!
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Is the new course ready to play right now?

Also, just curious, why are the days separate C-tiers?
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
      Is the new course ready to play right now?

Also, just curious, why are the days separate C-tiers?
      It gives double points and counts as two tournaments. It also gives some people who work sat to play sunday or vice versa. There are other benefits as well.

Comment

The new course is not ready yet but on Thurs- Sunday this and next week and next Tuesday there are work party's that are being ran by Keith.. If you want to go help he is running a giant wood chipper so listen and follow it or just holler. Even if you go up and work for 2-3 hours and then go golf it will all help! He has built the other 2 courses and there is more to do on this course than on the other 2 but they will be ready in time. Old 18 on the wreck has also been cleaned up as well as other holes on the existing 2 courses. The teepads being built are 6' in the back by 10' by 4' in the front.
        Bloomsday is on Sunday so there are a few golfers who compete in that and some people work on Saturdays (the Crafts). Also if you play like crap on Saturday you could still win on Sunday. Also would like to have the new course rated and if I play well all weekend it could be a big ratings boost. Also I am running the events at a low price so if golfers could only afford to play one day they could. Golfers could also play one day and then watch the pros on the second day. Alot of the time golfers don't get to watch the pros.
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

i can't wait the course is sweet and it will be great to have another pro level course in the eastern wa n. idaho. the course is by far the best course around and the only long course in the area that requires multiple shots.
          and i love the idea of two seperate tourneys with all the money going to payout

Comment

Yoduh, you won't be doing custom stamped tourney discs for these events will you? Just curious because my dad and I are getting thigs going for the Farragut Open in September. Will you post the formats for each day and the set date as soon as you figure stuff out. I know you are hoping for a strong MT contingency but have a conflict with the Swards Ranch Classic that is scheduled for the first weekend of May. I am looking forward to this event, not sure if I will be able to play both because of cost but am still excited. Are you working on getting a flyer/flyers made?

Comment

Saturday good, Sunday bad.

I like the idea, simply because Chris Carter and Leon will be holding their annual Deer Creek Open on Sunday (Bloomsday) but with two separate days at Farragut, I can attend both.
              BTW, a flyer for the Deer Creek Open will be up at www.stimpiridge.com soon.

Comment

Camping will be near the start of old hole one (hole 10) of the wreckreator. There is a ton of nice grass and a large covered gazebo with electricity and no other campsites near us.. maybe 3/4 of a mile so it can be loud and fun! $5 a person and I am trying to get a keg there for those who enjoy tasy beverages..
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Also I have $250 added and hopefully will reach $500 or more.. I am trying to put together an "A" tier up here next year. ( I already have a title sponsor) Course familiarity will go a long way on scoring well on the Dubble Diamond course. Not really a power course but very much a golf course with multiple routes and strategies on each hole. The course never takes its foot off of your head and yet its very fair. I look for SSA to be in the 56, 57 neighborhood. Hole 18 is a for real!! If you have a lead you will not be comfortable until its over.. Could see scores from a 3 to a 7 amongst pros.. The course has 12+ signature holes and several types of trees and moss and an old growth forest and a monster 80 foot tall tree that is 30' wide and stands on its own. There are a couple roller holes and you can see the basket from almost every teepad. Pads are 6' in back by 10' long and 4' in the front. Hole nine ends back at the parking lot. There is one mando and ob on one hole as well. The rough is it's own ob, yet Keith up here has painstakingly cleared the rough so that from most places you can chip back to the fairway.
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

So is there anyway to see a layout of this Dub Black Diamond course? And is there anyway to get a discounted fee if you play both days? Also, does anybody have any idea where these new courses will be laid out and if they are going to affect Northstar or Wreckreator in any way?
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

7 of the first 9 holes are in. This week is tree chipping week. Any help even for an hour with some buddies is a huge help! Now through Sunday. I know, I know, courses just don't appear like they used to! Next week the anchors will be dug and teepad forms will be built. The course is where the pitch and putt 9 used to be. Will not effect the Northstar or Wreckreator other than making them seem a little easier. There is unfortunately no discount unless you are a pdga member.
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Well count me out on the building process. I'm playing in the D.R.O. this weekend so I won't be able to come out but will definitely make the trip the following Saturday to help with whatever I can.

As for it being where the 9 hole was, I'm taking it that means the 9 hole has been removed for good? That a shame kind of (although a harder course is better for me). The 9 hole was such a good place to take young and older people that have never thrown a disc before and teach them the basics. That and it was always fun to have ace races out there. Also a hell of a lot of fun to play the 9 holes for beers.

So I'll raise a glass to the former course that was the Whole 9 Yards . You will be missed, kind of.
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Will anyone be taking sighn ups for this at DRO.

Comment

Yes! I will be taking sign ups at DRO. The whole 9 yards was a fun little golf experience but another version could pop up at another point, that land was way to cool to have a pitch and putt on it!
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW UP AND RUNNING!! 14 of 18 holes are chipped and all of the anchors and teepads are getting put in on Friday and Saturday. Any help would be much appreciated!
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X