Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Measure

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    Do you know the hole lengths for the Black Diamond course? Just Curious.
    I think Jeremy is more concerned with how far it is from the brush pile to the chipper, just based on what i'm reading. Maybe you could get your engineering team up there and help him with the measurements. Or both. G.

Comment

What time for peaple already signed up?

Comment

Originally posted by Dixon011001 View Post
        What time for peaple already signed up?
        Actually what Tim Barber, Todd Zyph and I did for downriver was a great 'engineering feat'. We measured the holes at downriver and used a range finder to arrive at accurate distances for each hole. We found that the current distances posted on the tee signs were over 500 feet off.
        I feel that there's plenty of room for an 'engineering team' and high time they were convened. These accurate distances will be posted on the new signs in the near future.

Sky Pilot
        President
        SDGA
        Rely on Me

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention - Wayne Miller helped out as well.

Sky Pilot
          Rely on Me

Comment

The course is right around 7,000 feet. Had an excellent weekend. Nice turnout and the new course played...
            Relax and enjoy your hair
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

quick recap: POSTED BY CITY FLYERS FORUM

nice conditions, but fairly windy at times. after the first round, ed dopplemayr led after a 5 down on the wreckreator; seth, christian, jesse garcia (ed's buddy, quite good player from tri cities who just moved up) were tied at 51 in second. Bjortomt in 5th with a 52 after his second basket ace. Second round played on super crazy and very well designed new course, par 60. This course immediately pulls in to the top 3 or 4 in the inland northwest and there is still brush everywhere...very new and will get much better with age. With a couple more courses in very capable course-designing hands (kudos to Yoduh---seriously man, really, really well done, and they definitely have the right man for the job) the 'GUT will soon be as impressive a disc golf destination as anywhere in the world. The par 4s on that course are SO PURE. I love it. Anyways, on to the action...after the front 9 of the second round on the new awesome course, seth had moved into sole possession of first place; christian, ed, jesse were two strokes or so behind. christian squeaked in front of seth with a couple of bonus birdies around holes 13-16, then holds on for the six-down 54 and the razor-thin win over seth's four-down and jesse's three-down; ed had an unlucky round and finished with a one-up. seth hits an 80 footer for 5 on "Amen Corner," hole 18, to preserve sole possession of second after jesse ACES 16 to pull back into the race. Wasn't with them, but brian and steve held on to split last cash. all four Montana Swards-ranch road warriors cashed despite the fatigue! woohoo!

Can't wait to see results up on PDGA so we can see the ratings! I know you know what to do Yoduh Wink Also let me know when you get the go ahead to design the next courses I want in on it!
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Previous post by Christian
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Just wanted to shout out and say that I "LOVED" Double Black diamond and was glad that we were able to play it on Saturday! For it being still in the works with brush and felled trees all over and incomplete tee pads it was still a blast to play! It literally make you it's biatch but also rewards you for your efforts should you throw a well placed drive. Some very memorable holes(hole 17 and 18 stand out in my mind). Can't wait to play it once the tee pads and debris have been cleared up and it gets more worn in. Kudos to Sawyer who held his own and played very well on such a random day with all the rain and different conditions going on. Thanks to Yoduh for putting on such a fun easy going Tourney as well!! That's my dawg!!

Comment

Ratings are up!
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

PICTURES!

PHP Code:
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50031327@N04/sets/ 
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module