X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master's Cup - AM

Does anybody know of any sweet camp sites around Santa Cruz? I'm gearing up for my first California tournament and wondered if anybody had any tips/suggestions/words of wisdom...

The DeLaveaga website isn't too terribly helpful. Thanks.
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Originally posted by all2common View Post
    Does anybody know of any sweet camp sites around Santa Cruz? I'm gearing up for my first California tournament and wondered if anybody had any tips/suggestions/words of wisdom...

The DeLaveaga website isn't too terribly helpful. Thanks.
    yeah - don't expect the Cali guys to be as friendly, courteous, or rule following as the PNW guys. seriously.

Comment

New Brighton State Park is best camping in the area. Last year rained all weekend and we ended up staying at a hotel which we flashed the pdga membership card and said we going to one of these hotels and they gave us a discount and they had a college dorm on site with cafe, was nice... anyways... that park gets full fast so reserve now...
      Cali people are way different than oregon, yes, big time.... however, find the right people and it's just the same cool vibes, as for rule following, ummmmmm i'll hush on that and let y'all experience it urself. I'll be there for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
        New Brighton State Park is best camping in the area. Last year rained all weekend and we ended up staying at a hotel which we flashed the pdga membership card and said we going to one of these hotels and they gave us a discount and they had a college dorm on site with cafe, was nice... anyways... that park gets full fast so reserve now...
        Cali people are way different than oregon, yes, big time.... however, find the right people and it's just the same cool vibes, as for rule following, ummmmmm i'll hush on that and let y'all experience it urself. I'll be there for sure...
        Ummm, NorCal people are more then chill. Much different than soCal. You should have no worries and it will be just as competative as Oregon in SC. That is where I was born and raised and know that there truly is no other place like it!

BTW, check for camping sites in the Aptos or Capitola area as it is along the coast and close to De La. Enjoy it as this time of year is close to perfect!!!
        "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
        -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
          Ummm, NorCal people are more then chill. Much different than soCal. You should have no worries and it will be just as competative as Oregon in SC. That is where I was born and raised and know that there truly is no other place like it!

BTW, check for camping sites in the Aptos or Capitola area as it is along the coast and close to De La. Enjoy it as this time of year is close to perfect!!!
          We should make the trip down for this one Johnny!
          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
            We should make the trip down for this one Johnny!
            Someday my friend as we would have PLENTY of places to stay! IT is one of those tournaments that I WILL play someday. WOuld love to have company!
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X