Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamloops Disc Golf Club hosts the 2010 Ultra Glide!

This year from June 4th to June 6th with the second annual Ultra Glide. So far this year we have $3500 in added cash and prizes and expect that number to go up considerably in the next few months. Our Pro purse in 2009 was $7140. We hope to have better payouts this year but last year the top payouts were:

Open Men
    1 David Feldberg $1168.00
    2 Nate Sexton $829.00
    3 James Macinnes $551.00

Open Women
    1 Melody King $754.00
    2 Leanne Fulton $463.00

Masters
    1 Dave Stropky $750.00
    2 John Denham $309.00

This is a PDGA A/B Tier and in 2009 was the countries largest event and only A tier. Our hope is to catch players in the 2 week gap between Beaver State and the Japan Open. I'll keep this thread updated and let everyone know when online registration begins.

For those that don't know, Kamloops is about 7 hours north of Portland in the BC interior 3 hours from the border. We'd love to see a ton of NorthWest players up this year. Last year we had Nate Sexton, Andy Hawk , Dave Feldburg and Melody King. Surely there's more than 4 Northwest players willing to make the trip this year!
    My favourite putter is my driver.

Depends on who is playing Whislter's doubles as well, since much of the state travels south. And I believe that is slated for the same weekend.

Comment

Hmm, well that wouldn't be good, for us anyways.

Comment

Is there camping at the course?
        Read this ^

Comment

I went to this event last year and it was a ton of fun!!!

The Canadians were incredibly nice and were great hosts.

The black rose course was a blast and was very challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
            Is there camping at the course?
            No camping at the course, but there are spots near by ish, and a good chance of houses to stay at if you arrange in advance.

Comment

Isn't this the same weekend as the Lilac? Hmm, tough decision!
              Team DISCRAFT
              NW Sign Up
              Gorilla Boy
              Paragon Disc Golf
              Odwalla

Comment

I was bummed to miss this one last year...just didn't know about it until I had already made other plans. The Lilac City Open always does draw a bunch of Montanans but I wouldn't be surprised if a car load from MT made it over to Kamloops instead, with the craziness in the payout department that you guys have going on up there!

Whip, you go to Lilac and take all of Oregon with you, I'll go to Ultra Glide

Comment

I was wondering if some people in Oregon and Washington might be able to do our club a big favour. Are there any places that you guys can think of that would hang a poster for our event. It was a big success last year but we'd like it to be huge this year. Are there any highly traveled courses that have buliten boards at them where posters are put up? Any disc golf stores in the two states that will help out in the promotion as well? Maybe even a few TDs of area tourneys that would be willing to have a few hand bills available to players etc. Any suggestions would be welcome.
                  Last edited by Chad_from_BC; February 4th, 2010, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Ultra Glide 2 will be the biggest Super Tour on the BC/WA calendar in terms of payout. We just need the players to come to Kamloops to see what we are all about. Kamloops has had an excellent history of BIG events, with the 2004 Nationals (won by Avery Jenkins) the 2006 International Women's Cup (won by Val Jenkins) and the 2009 Ultra Glide. Feldberg and Melody King, along with Nate Sexton and Andy Hock, took home gobs of cash (and all stayed at my place). If you are skeptical of our claims, ask around to the likes of Jason Coke, or any of the WA State players that have headed North. We are the real deal with tournament hosting capability, cash and prize payouts, AND hospitality. Factor in BC's laid back vibe and great courses and this date is a must on your DG calendar.
                    Kamloops is Canada's Tournament Capital for legitimate reasons and you will see a whole different scene than what you might assume from your Northern neighbors.

Comment

He speaks the truth! Also, for the Pro divisions this tournament will be hosted on three courses. The beautiful Logan Lake course will be exclusive to the Pros. It's a great 18 hole course with holes for every type of throw. It will challenge you and make you want to play it again and again. Then the two Rose Hill courses, which are more open than Logan Lake allowing you to stretch out the big drives. All three are 18 holes with Innova Discatcher baskets and multiple tee pads on most holes. It'll be awesome.

Comment

Our website has been updated with some additional info. http://kdgc.yikesite.com/

Comment

I am considering this tourney, but I'd have to get my enhanced DL or passport renewed... I'm seeing alot of perks for playing this tourney as a pro, but what about us measely am's? It's between the Glide and the LCO for me, and each one is equally appealing for me at this point, for different reasons...

Distance: since I'll be in Northern Idaho already, LCO is the closer tourney.
                          Courses: LCO uses three solid courses that I'll be able to play as an AM I, where the Glide would exclude me from one, but they'd be new courses to me... and I could always play Logan Lake post tourney, right?
                          Payout: Glide in the lead for pros, but are the am payouts fat as well? LCO has paid out well, traditionally...
                          Accomodations: Probably camping either way... might have an old baseball teammate in Kamloops though, and I love BC...hmm
                          BYO vs Bc'sters?
                          rye n coke vs. busch
                          Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; May 19th, 2010, 06:32 PM.
                          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X