X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flash View Post
    So from what I am gleaning from your post is, payout not important, weather not important, socializing important, food convenience important, massive stuff in players pack important.

consider this a fact finding mission!
    That's what I read.
    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Players packs are surely part of the event but how much of the stuff in the bag would you have purchased if they gave you script and let you pick stuff out?
      SCRIPT!? SCRIPT!!??? When even the smartest among us are saying "script" can there be any hope?

Comment

So to sum up, some people out there feel as though the Memorial would be a poor use of their discretionary cash. Some people feel it is the an excellent use of their discretionary cash. And some simply don't have discretionary cash so they therefore do not really need to weigh in on the matter.

I am one who has discretionary cash and wishes to use it to take my wife to her favorite tournament outside of Oregon in March. It is also her birthday so, it makes a nice gift.

the Beaver State Fling is also an awesome event and I can't wait for that either.

Snap discussed the things that he likes about the tournament.

Flash just wants to understand why the tournament is fun for those who have voiced their opinion.

Darr, well I am not sure how to sum up why or what his involvement is in this other than providing us with his opinion. Which I always value.

Now, can we get back to the original topic? Who is going?
        Training to be a bagger

Comment

For us... I mean we have only been on the Memorial road trip once... But it was a blast. Last year i was really sick and ended up flying back to oregon after my first round at Fountain Hills. This year is about redemption.

We take 12 days and hit the GentleMens Club and the Memorial. Road Trip!!! Look for a Mini-Van full of crazies!!! WOO!

Anyone wanna share the cost of a 3palms? we have 4 or 5 confirmed going in the van.
          http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

seems we have 5 already registered with 2-3 more... if we have too many, prob have a couple guys to share a room with for 2nd room... know more in a few weeks...

Comment

the registration list is up... am master womens is all oregon..

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                the registration list is up... am master womens is all oregon..
                '
                Yay baby.

Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

One thing that my wife really enjoys about the Memorial is that both courses are very spectator friendly. She doesnít play, but she does like to watch. At most courses, she finds it hard to maneuver without feeling like she could easily disrupt the players, whereas, at the Memorial she can freely move about and watch many different players playing different holes. As a matter of fact, itís the only place that she will ditch me and my group to go watch the best players in the world play golf.

Having only one round a day also allows me to actually do a good amount of vacationing with my wife. Even though I am golfing each day, I have plenty of day left to do other things. This is a big added bonus for us when we weigh the pros and cons of me mixing a disc golf tourney with a family vacation. It is a tourney that because of sunshine in March and the format of the event, my wife and I will probably hit many times in the future.

It does seem that every year there is a problem with that outdoor pavilion area at Fountain Hills having something going on during the event. It would be cool if that didnít happen anymore.

Man, I just love playing those two courses each year. I donít think that I could play them over and over like Milo, but I do look forward with great anticipation to playing those courses each year.

Just my two cents,

Mike Rideout
                  WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

This is going on my X-mas wish list...
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                      SCRIPT!? SCRIPT!!??? When even the smartest among us are saying "script" can there be any hope?
                      Geez Matt you sure are an anal guy, clearly you knew what was meant but just so it is clear yes the wording should have been scrip or Gift Certificate!

Let me go back and fix it for the masses and myself!
                      PDGA #25296
                      Stumptown #34

Comment

Geez Matt you sure are an anal guy, clearly you knew what was meant but just so it is clear yes the wording should have been scrip or Gift Certificate!

Let me go back and fix it for the masses and myself!
                        Actually, I've never tried that. Yeah I know what people mean when they say script instead of scrip. Just a pet peeve of mine. Hey, don't loose your cool Mike!

Comment

Sometimes you've got to go off scrip.
                          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rideout View Post

Man, I just love playing those two courses each year. I donít think that I could play them over and over like Milo, but I do look forward with great anticipation to playing those courses each year.

Just my two cents,

Mike Rideout

I agree. I just played these courses for the first time two weeks ago, but now they occupy all my non boob related dreams. I think the fountain
                            might be distracting if I was trying to make a 50' money put.

I doubt I would play in the tourney, but I would be quite happy sitting up on the patio at Dukes, frosty cold adult beverage in hand, watching the pros toss on by at Shelly Sharpe, that would'nt suck.

BTW, the DGA Sparkle Rogue pictured above is a money flyer, its everything I though my Wraith and Destroyer should be, a fast stable glide monster I can throw backhand.
                            I bought it because it was pretty, all sparkly and glittery, like a cute raver girl, but when I throw it, it's all business.

Comment

How far are the courses apart from each other?
                              Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                                How far are the courses apart from each other?
                                Like maybe Seatac to White River, 20 or 30 minutes between the two D, Fountain Hills is a ways out. Shelly Sharpe is in Scottsdale, so its pretty close to the rest of Phoenix.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X