Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idaho divided

Originally posted by Arose View Post
    well unfortunately its the truth and people will talk. dion is a really nice guy but we have some major issues here in the disc golf world in Idaho and they need to be addressed in order for them to be fixed. so there is no reason not to be honest like i stated before we are in the works to fixing them. Dion i would really like some feedback on the whole tourney if possible and if you want to just pm me or post it here either is fine. Thanks
    Please remember that IDAHO is divide from south to north by over 400 miles,AND ONLY 1 FRWY. North Idaho is doing just fine.
    Let me ,or us(nirdgc) know if we can help southern "Idaho address some major issues"
    TomWalker
    Last edited by tomw; September 24th, 2009, 04:54 AM. Reason: move forward please

Comment

Originally posted by Arose View Post
      Dion I want to thank you for coming out here to play. It was awesome to watch you throw huge 360. I would also like to say I hope you change your mind on never coming back. there are a few things in the works to make sure things from here on out will be more "smooth" but if you do decide not to return i understand and wish you luck in the future. Ill see you in Oregon. thanks again!
      What happened?

Comment

Yes, what exactly happened to make him not want to come back?
        Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
          Yes, what exactly happened to make him not want to come back?
          I heard a few rumors there were some Mickey Mouse holes that used construction fencing to create faux OB. The rumors inferred this was a misguided effort to make the course more difficult, but really just made it flukey.

That's what I heard anyway. Anyone who was there is more than welcome to clear up the details.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I'd like to hear more about this as well, if for no other reason, as a heads up for any TDs as to what to avoid for their own events.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I heard a pair of snow shoes one year. Another got a bunch of radio station promos CD's. 6' tall guy got kids sleeping bag.

Some good news: with Richter there he should be able to right the ship and put it back on course. DR Celebration was not the same without you.
              rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                I heard a pair of snow shoes one year. Another got a bunch of radio station promos CD's. 6' tall guy got kids sleeping bag.
                Sounds like a "Jub Scam" to me! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                  I heard a few rumors there were some Mickey Mouse holes that used construction fencing to create faux OB. The rumors inferred this was a misguided effort to make the course more difficult, but really just made it flukey.

That's what I heard anyway. Anyone who was there is more than welcome to clear up the details.
                  That is certainly the largest contributing factor. I also played poorly and my attitude was not in the right place, so I said things that werent true. I'll be back to play again, I'll just be more particular about what events I attend. Payout was stellar, I got the same amount of money for fourth place there as fourth place got at the Eugene Celebration (for playing about 50 points worse on average). It was my worst tourney this year by far, and the OB fences were the worst thing I have ever encountered on a disc golf course to date.

Idaho guys are cool, and I'd like to make it over there again for some action next year. Lets also try to not schedule over each other, every Idaho event has fallen on the same weekend as an Oregon event this year...
                  Team DISCRAFT
                  NW Sign Up
                  Gorilla Boy
                  Paragon Disc Golf
                  Odwalla

Comment

what kind of fencing is this for the OB? I am the TD for alot of events so I would like to know what exactly this fencing was and how it worked so that I don't do it...

Comment

Gem St Championships 09

I know the guy who won Intermediate, a north Idaho transplant. I will ask him his take on the temp fence line OB obstacles. He appeared to have played very well, carding the 2nd best 2nd course score of the tournament ,993 rating. So it maybe relative how you finish to your perception of the tourney. And for Idaho scheduling over the Oregon events, that does go both ways. With so many events per state its getting more difficult to pick a date that doesn't preclude someone somewhere. Even within your own state. With Washington St between us two,the job of the state coordinator is becoming more involved. Communication between TD's and accommodations for others events is key to trying to achieve the best results.
                      Use of construction fencing for OB,ng, imo.TW
                      Last edited by tomw; September 25th, 2009, 11:13 PM. Reason: move on

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                        what kind of fencing is this for the OB? I am the TD for alot of events so I would like to know what exactly this fencing was and how it worked so that I don't do it...

8 bunkers on 7 of the 20 holes. This is not an actuall image of the OB fences at the tourney, but this is the kind of fencing and similar height employed. About 1 foot high on the near side, and about 3 to 4 feet high on the farside.
                        Team DISCRAFT
                        NW Sign Up
                        Gorilla Boy
                        Paragon Disc Golf
                        Odwalla

Comment

is it too soon?

Originally posted by tomw View Post
                          And for Idaho scheduling over the Oregon events, that does go both ways. With so many events per state its getting more difficult to pick a date that doesn't preclude someone somewhere. Even within your own state. With Washington St between us two,the job of the state coordinator is becoming more involved. Communication between TD's and accommodations for others events is key to trying to achieve the best results.
                          __________________________________________________ _______________
                          yose wrote:
                          YO MIKE!
                          Where's that master calendar?
                          It's "Big Picture" time brother.
                          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                          - Anonymous

Comment

Uh, there is a calendar around here somewhere...
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

the other one

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                              Uh, there is a calendar around here somewhere...

I was referring to the one that Magilla was going to put together before it was submitted to your masterful piece of work.
                              The one that may help with some conflicts if we can communicate.
                              Unless........... it's toooooo sooooon.
                              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                              - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post

I was referring to the one that Magilla was going to put together before it was submitted to your masterful piece of work.
                                The one that may help with some conflicts if we can communicate.
                                Unless........... it's toooooo sooooon.
                                Thats the key there Yose....
                                IF we communicate...........then someone really has to care.

I have "asked" all bordering TD's to send me there schedules so they can be intergrated into the "Official Calendar" that I keep for my scheduling purposes.

I have tried to "communicate" the fact that Oregon Players WILL TRAVEL to other states near us to play IF they are able.

NEVER have I been contacted nor received a response from ANY coordinator in a bordering state other than Cali.

My take is this...

It BENEFITS other states TD's if they do not schedule over Oregon events.
                                We do not get very many "traveling" players from other states typically. There are a few that make the trip, but that is very few.
                                IF those TD's from bordering states are happy getting the small number of players they get, then dont bother caring about scheduling.

Our players WILL COME TO YOUR EVENTS...But only if you want them there.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X