X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th Farragut Open

The 10th annual Farragut Open in Athol Idaho is just over 1 month away, 08-08-09. Its been 8 years since this event was held in the summer(2001 NW Full Sail Disc Golf Series). I hope the warmer weather and camping may entice some of you to come East a bit to play two of the best course's that this area has to offer. This is a ONE day C tier event that will be held on 2 different courses,the Wreckreator and Northstar dgc. We have been busy lately with work on the courses. Tree trimming and thinning, tee pad and sign work,etc . I have reserved a large 80 acre campsite field within Farragut State park, 2 miles from the course, for the entire weekend. All disc golfers, family and friends are invited to come play, camp, and enjoy the whole weekend. Online registration at pdga.com Play tourney golf on Saturday, play w family or on Sunday. Thanks ,Tom Walker p.s. flyer is attached or can be downloaded at sdga.org

10th Farragut Open

Originally posted by tomw View Post
    The 10th annual Farragut Open in Athol Idaho is just over 1 month away, 08-08-09. Its been 8 years since this event was held in the summer(2001 NW Full Sail Disc Golf Series). I hope the warmer weather and camping may entice some of you to come East a bit to play two of the best course's that this area has to offer. This is a ONE day C tier event that will be held on 2 different courses,the Wreckreator and Northstar dgc. We have been busy lately with work on the courses. Tree trimming and thinning, tee pad and sign work,etc . I have reserved a large 80 acre campsite field within Farragut State park, 2 miles from the course, for the entire weekend. All disc golfers, family and friends are invited to come play, camp, and enjoy the whole weekend. Online registration at pdga.com Play tourney golf on Saturday, play w family or on Sunday. Thanks ,Tom Walker p.s. flyer is attached or can be downloaded at sdga.org
    I didnt mean to quote myself, and couldnt figure out how to unquotePDGA signup now active, with players registered from 3 different states so farFlyer is attached this time, have a safe n insane Independance Day
    Last edited by tomw; November 14th, 2010, 04:18 AM.

Comment

We had a chain saw out on the course for 6 holes that really needed thinning. This should bring us back 6 0r 7 years and give 2-4 yrs growth for those holes to grow back I shot the Wreck even after that Tom Walker

Comment

We now have 19 players signed up for the 10th Farragut Open .

Comment

We now have 19 players signed up for the 10th Farragut Open .
          Anyone from the Seattle area considering this tourney? I am taking a dg vacation at the end of next week and might head east and include the Farragut Open... I have played the original course and really enjoyed it, so I'm really excited to see the new 18 as well.
          Toby C.
          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
            Anyone from the Seattle area considering this tourney? I am taking a dg vacation at the end of next week and might head east and include the Farragut Open... I have played the original course and really enjoyed it, so I'm really excited to see the new 18 as well.
            Toby C.
            Hey sucker your alive!!!! Give me a hollar when you can eh.
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

10th Farragut Open

Now less than a week away, Thnk G.
              For my Montana friends that are coming out to camp here's your update. Camping will be $3 a night per person(not $2 as previously stated). This fee will be collected at the group campsite by my wife Susie as we are the camp host's. You will be required to have your "day"vehicle pass, $4, (or yearly pass) . You will also be required to pay a "night" vehicle parking fee, $5 per vehicle. This DOES apply to ALL motor vehicles, but not to any towed camp/travel trailers(i.e. no motor)These fee's are to be paid to the park, not me. If you come to the campsite without doing this first your will be directed back to do so.
              PLEASE NOTE ALL CAMPERS NEED TO CHECK IN AT THE RANGER STATION, OR THE REMOTE DRIVE UP HUT/STATION THAT IS AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE PARK/Driveway to the main ranger station. Tell them where you are going, pay park fees there, and they will gladly direct you to Scott field!
              It seems we will have mid to upper 80's for temperatures foretasted. Thank you Star
              I will Not be running a dbles round Friday night so your on your own for a practice round.I did hear of some folks doing a glo round on the "dinker 9". Please clean up after yourself I will try my best to get the Pro-Men-Only temp "long" baskets (red) in place Friday afternoon/evening for holes 4 & 5 on the Northstar.Aside from those two hole changes, the course's are ready to host all you all! The above is pasted from the GCF website forum.p.s. replace Montana w/wherever you are from

Comment

Doubles friday

There will now be random dbles friday night . Sign in 4:30-5:30, Play on the Northstar course. $6 with $5 to payout. Thanks Scott!

Comment

10th Farragut State Park Open

58 players signed up and i haven't got the Montana contingency yet. Should b nice and for some hot rounds. Maybe a new Wreckreator tournament score record could be reached

Comment

Hey ya'all. I cant make it up on Fri. afternoon but I have a 300' tape that Tom needs on my front porch. Also Tom asked for firewood for the campers. If you can come by my house to get some I'll hook you up. Please cal 509 363 1056 or post here if you can bring Tom some firewood. Also 4- Mound will be open on Sunday @$5/car. Study up for the City Cup! Gordy.

Comment

Thanks and Congrats!!

Thank you Tom!!! I really appreciate all your efforts to run this event. Thanks to Susie and Bob and the others who helped out as well. The courses were fantastic. I love what you've done with the place :-)

Congrats to the winners and placers and especially to Eric and Randi who both had phenomenal showings!!

This is a GREAT time of year to play Farragut. I hope you do it again next year!!!

Comment

Lost at Farragut

Jared Ogren left a stack of three discs at tourney central Saturday at the Farragut Open - white star gator, orange champ gator and red champ banshee.

Did anyone happen to pick them up? I've emailed the TD but thought I would ask the rest of you for help as well.

Thanks,
                        Lesli
                        509-714-5587

Comment

93 played, 12 girls in 5 different divisions,28 Open players
                          Results are preliminary and are posted on PDGA web site.
                          9 NIRDGC members played,with 2 others in attendance =11 present.
                          It was good to have traveling/camping players and their family's who came and experianced the Scott field camping. Congratulations to Steve Mclain (492'/Kennewick)for winning the distance competition tag. The contest was held in the camp ground. Ed Dopplmyar threw 595' but wasn't allowed to compete for the tag for obvious reasons.
                          This tournament drew from the series States(ID,MT,WA) and beyond for a diverse player base.I need to Thank Bob Perrewe, Jeremy Graves,& Mr. TC Bare for assisting me and Susie on this event day. Go W(rec)kreators! TW

Comment

93 played, 12 girls in 5 different divisions,28 Open players
                            Results are preliminary and are posted on PDGA web site.
                            9 NIRDGC members played,with 2 others in attendance =11 present.
                            It was good to have traveling/camping players and their family's who came and experianced the Scott field camping. Congratulations to Steve Mclain (492'/Kennewick)for winning the distance competition tag. The contest was held in the camp ground. Ed Dopplmyar threw 595' but wasn't allowed to compete for the tag for obvious reasons.
                            This tournament drew from the series States(ID,MT,WA) and beyond for a diverse player base.I need to Thank Bob Perrewe, Jeremy Graves,& Mr. TC Bare for assisting me and Susie on this event day. Go W(rec)kreators! TW
                            Thanks Tom for you and your crew's holding this event. Your success is also the success of the series; The Overall's added-to-the-purse total is now up past $3500. Thats about $1000 more than last year. I suspect that this news will prompt players to attend the Chump Challange next week at Highbridge Park in order to qualify for a cut of that $3500. Remember, you need 4 events to qualify for the Overalls at the Finals at Four Mound in Sept. Again, thank you to all the efforts of the T.Ds. all year long that will make this year's Finals the best ever. Gordy.

Comment

I have been Prompted to register for both the Chump Challange and Spokane City Cup #8 ,is that # right Gordy?. Fall golf is my favorite, bring on the 5th INW series FINALS and that sweet purse TW

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X