X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana State Championships Aug 31 - Sept 1

I'll post much more info very soon, but States is on for Labor Day weekend in Troy & Libby. In addition to this being the State Championships, it is also the MT Points Series Finals (Who's gonna get their name on the Cup this year?!) and a part of the Tri State Series, too.

Friday check in & dubs at the Timberbeast. Saturday 2 rounds at Libby Dam. Sunday 1 round for everyone & a Final 9 for the top card or two in most divisions at the Timberbeast followed by awards, live music, & the Discs Across the Kootenai Sunday evening. Juniors will play 2 rounds at the Timberbeast on Sunday ONLY.

Free camping will be available in Roosevelt Park in Troy all weekend. There are also several free campgrounds just below the Libby Dam for those who want to stay up there on a first come first served basis. Please be aware that its about a 45 min drive from Troy to the Libby Dam & that there is no cell service at the Dam.

The locals in Troy have been working hard on trimming up the course and from what I've been hearing its looking nice!! They have also been making a few improvements to the course, as they do every year.

Most divisions will play both the permanent upper course and the temp lower course at the Dam. The lower course will see a few tweaks from how it played this spring. More on that later...

Hope to have a schedule and online reg up next week. We are expecting more than 150 people, so make sure to pre reg to secure your spot in what will be Montana's highest attended event ever and start making your plans to spend Labor Day weekend on the banks of the Kootenai river in NW Montana!

I can't wait for this tournament!!!!
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I can't wait for this one too! I really hope I can get off work.

Comment

Friday, Aug 30 at Timberbeast course

3:00 - 8:00 - Player check-in and last chance registration
        5:30 - Random Draw doubles $5

Saturday, Aug 31 at Libby Dam

8:00 - 9:00 - Player check-in and last chance registration
        9:15 - Player's Meeting
        9:45 - Shotgun start round 1
        1:30 - Approx round 2 start for Pool A
        2:30 - Approx round 2 start for Pool B

Live Music Saturday nite in Roosevelt Park in Troy. There will also be a few food vendors with food for sale in the park, too.

Sunday, Sept 1 at Troy

9:00 - Pool B AND JUNIORS shotgun start on Timberbeast
        11:45 - Pool A shotgun start on the Timberbeast
        3:00 - start of Final 9 for top finishers in each division. 2 round start for Juniors
        6:30 - Awards in Roosevelt Park with live music and a hog roast
        7:00 - Discs Across the Kootenai

Pool assignments will be made when we have a better picture of how many people we have in each division.

Registration Fees

$78 - Open Men, Women, Masters, Women Masters, Grandmasters
        $63 - Advanced Men, Advanced Masters, Advanced Grandmasters
        $53 - Advanced Women, Intermediate Men
        $43 - Intermediate Women, Recreational Men
        (For the above divisions, CURRENT PDGA members will receive a $10 discount)
        $20 - Juniors -- Juniors will play 2 rounds of 18 on Sunday ONLY

$2 Optional Acepot

Look for online reg to go live later this week on the GCF site. Much more info on the GCF site, too.

The good people of Troy are pulling out all the stops to make this the best MT States ever!! Live music both Saturday and Sunday nites. Food vendors in the park Saturday nite. A hog roast Sunday nite. And of course the friendliness and hospitality that are becoming legendary!! It's gonna be a great weekend!!!!!

Comment

Online reg is live on the GCF site at www.gardencityflyers.org

Please note there will be 2 divisions for Juniors, Under 16 and Under 13 even though there is only 1 division for Juniors in pre reg

Comment

Reg list has been updated again. It's gonna be a BIG line to register next Friday, so do yourself, and the TD's, a favor and pre-reg!! Day of reg will be avaiable, but we would like to encourage everyone to either register online or register Friday afternoon/evening at the Timberbeast.
            I've heard a few concerns with having States on Labor Day weekend as this is usually a family weekend for many people. I say, bring the family with!!!! The Timberbeast has always strived to be a family friendly event and States will be no different!! Festival camping in Roosevelt Park on the banks of the Kootenai river, a fishing pond for the kids, and a playground are all located on site in the park. Live music both nites will keep the little ones, and the not so little ones, dancing till dark. There is also the Swinging Bridge over Kootenai Falls that I HIGHLY recommend to everyone to stop at. It's about half way between Troy and Libby on HWY 2. For the more adventurous, you can check out Ross Creek Cedars about 20 miles south of Troy on HWY 56. It's a large stand of very old growth cedars with a short, easy walking trail going through. Definitely worth checking out!
            I'm pleased to announce that we will be offering an Advanced Senior Grandmaster division at States this year!!! It should be added to the pre-reg options very soon.
            The Libby Dam Coop will once again be serving lunch at the Dam on Saturday. Burgers and brats with all the fixin's are on the menu for a suggested donation of $5.

Reg list has been updated again. It's gonna be a BIG line to register next Friday, so do yourself, and the TD's, a favor and pre-reg!! Day of reg will be available, but we would like to encourage everyone to either register online or register Friday afternoon/evening at the Timberbeast.
            I've heard a few concerns with having States on Labor Day weekend as this is usually a family weekend for many people. I say, bring the family with!!!! The Timberbeast has always strived to be a family friendly event and States will be no different!! Festival camping in Roosevelt Park on the banks of the Kootenai river, a fishing pond for the kids, and a playground are all located on site in the park. Live music both nites will keep the little ones, and the not so little ones, dancing till dark. There is also the Swinging Bridge over Kootenai Falls that I HIGHLY recommend to everyone to stop at. It's about half way between Troy and Libby on HWY 2. For the more adventurous, you can check out Ross Creek Cedars about 20 miles south of Troy on HWY 56. It's a large stand of very old growth cedars with a short, easy walking trail going through. Definitely worth checking out!
            I'm pleased to announce that we will be offering an Advanced Senior Grandmaster division at States this year!!! It should be added to the pre-reg options very soon.
            The Libby Dam Coop will once again be serving lunch at the Dam on Saturday. Burgers and brats with all the fixin's are on the menu for a suggested donation of $5.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X