X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14th Annual Farragut Open - July 13, 14 2013 A/B Tier

Here's the list of registered players so far for the F.O. and a link to online registration. I know there is a flyer available at Rapid Fire Plastics in Post Falls and I am not sure but would guess that registering there MAY be an option as well but I am not positive on that one. Do Ben a favor and sign up early, it really does make a TD's life easier.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/101308

In-person registration

Yes, Ben has provided some registration forms at Rapid Fire Plastics for the FO. Had one filled out today in fact by Geoff Carr.

Comment

Super stoked, I'll be playing Open this year. Time to step up my game. Now I just have to get current before then so I can actually play
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Curious

Just curious (not complaining) why this tourney which has traditionally been held in late September to mid October will be held in the middle of July this year?

Happy to see Ben and the Wardian's involved :-)

Comment

I've played it in August twice and once in July. I think it has to do with the string of "A" tiers that are in the Northwest.
          Last edited by Yoduh; June 9th, 2013, 09:20 AM.
          Relax and enjoy your hair
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Played it in April too..
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Played it in April too..
              Last edited by Yoduh; June 9th, 2013, 09:21 AM.
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I remember both The Chump Challenge and the Vader where both held in July's past.
                rewindb.com

Comment

Maybe Yoduh should take his concerns to the PDGA. After all they are the organization that approved both tournaments.
                  Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Maybe You guys should use common sense so people don't have to snap at you..
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

The Farragut Open and the Sekani Sling. Two sanctioned events on the same weekend. The Seknai Sling shouldn’t have been approved, but it was.

Let me start off by apologizing… I’m sorry. I really messed this up. When I approved the date for the Sekani Sling, I didn’t check out-of-state events that may conflict due to mileage. This was entirely my fault and I feel bad for the hassle it has created.

I found out about the overlapping tournaments at about 1:30 am June 7. I have talked with both TDs since then (Ben on the phone twice and Jub through a few emails) and I have also talked with the PDGA.

The PDGA has ruled on how this will play out, and I must say, the ruling is different than the way I thought it would go. Both events are allowed to move forward as sanctioned events.

Ben Squires & Yoduh – I am truly sorry. My mistake will possibly hinder your event’s attendance. I called Ben to let him know personally. I feel terrible – this is a mistake I don’t plan to make again.

Jub – you are good to go. The Sekani Sling should continue forward as planned.

Mike Rideout
                      Washington Coordinator

WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                        Maybe You guys should use common sense so people don't have to snap at you..
                        I am not in charge of this event and had nothing to do with the date.
                        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Courtesy Violation.

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                          Weird question. I've played it in August twice and once in July. I think it has to do with the string of "A" tiers that are in the Northwest.
                          Leslie is simply recalling the last 3 years, when the Farragut Open was indeed held in October (2012 & 2011) or September (2010). Nothing "weird" about asking that question. Yes 2009 was held in August, and '08 and '07 were both in April. A polite mention of those prior years was all that was needed, Jeremy. Be a pro. Be courteous.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                            I am not in charge of this event and had nothing to do with the date.
                            "I just read about it on the internet like everybody else". The Washington Snake Series..
                            Last edited by Yoduh; June 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM.
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Fire Jack View Post
                              Leslie is simply recalling the last 3 years, when the Farragut Open was indeed held in October (2012 & 2011) or September (2010). Nothing "weird" about asking that question. Yes 2009 was held in August, and '08 and '07 were both in April. A polite mention of those prior years was all that was needed, Jeremy. Be a pro. Be courteous.
                              You are correct Jack. It did seem like a pointedly random time to ask a question like this but I'm probably sensitive to the attack on a Premiere "A" Tier event that has been planned for months and has been on the schedule for 8 months versus a "we need another event in Spokane cause we only have 4", snake move. I have put zero effort into this event up at Farragut but anyone that has ran something up there knows how difficult it is to get enough money together to run an "A" tier in the middle of nowhere. To allow yourself to some how erode that is downright dirty and nasty. Shame on anybody who's involved. That pdga list will be permanent in my memory. Playing in this sekani event is tainted. Just how Jub wants it if any of you have read his posts.
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X