X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIRDIE BASH at Corbin Park

The North Idaho Disc Golf Club and Rapid Fire Plastics DG store will be hosting a Vibram Birdie Bash at Corbin Park on Saturday May 4, 2013. Advance Registration thru April 25 online at VibramDiscGolf.com. or in person at Rapid Fire Plastics (208-773-1115). $25 entry fee; Two rounds; Two Vibram discs of your choice (the only 2 discs you can use for event); One Shirt; Birdies or better to earn points. Field limited to 60 players. Check-in 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 for pre-registered players. Late registrations will be accepted at Rapid Fire or on the day of at Corbin until 8:30 a.m. only, subject to available slots, and with limited disc selections and no shirts. TD Jack Wardian.

hey Jack, do you know if Vibram is sending any extra player Packs and shirts out? I didn't get my son registered online, but can make it out on monday morning to get him signed up and am hoping there is the possibility of getting a shirt for him. Let me know if it's possible.

thanks
    BenT.

Comment

It's in the books!

The first Vibram Birdie Bash at Corbin is now in the books. Had a great day with 50 players participating. Threw several twists into the course congfiguration with alternate tees or portable basket placements. Even with numerous very short holes we had only one ace for the day - first round, first throw by the first player on hole #10! took home $100. Congrats to Jason Ramey! Rapid Fire donated CTP prizes of 2 Dynamic discs Dye-Max discs won by Doug Porter and Josh Fish, and an Innova Standard Bag won by a junior player Levi Tullis. Overall winner was Stuart Autry winning a cool "Birdie Bash Champion" disc and a pair of Vibram five fingers Bikila shoes, and runner up was Maka Johnson winning a lifetime spot on the Vibram Tester Team. Concluded with a "Rapid Fire Ring of Fire" where 10 different players each won a quick $20 bill. It was a fun tournament that went quickly - we wrapped up by 3 p.m. How cool is that. Cheers to the NIDGC for sponsoring another excellent event in North Idaho.

Comment

It was a very fun and sunny day. Very nice of you to not only offer $10 to the store for May but even your $200 TD payout Jack! Wha a sport! Glad to see Stu win the shoes! Had no idea about the tester team that's pretty sweet. Hope this goes on next year!
        Life before Death. Death before Honor.

Comment

It was amazingly fun, I am stoked to get my shoes. I've always liked the Five Finger style shoes and these are made for running so they have a thicker heel and toe area. Should be killer for disc golf.

Thanks again Jack, that was seriously the most fun I've had playing disc golf in the longest time. I can't wait for the next one!
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Good Times at Corbin Park

[B]Thanks Jack, you and our crew did a great job the "Bash"! My first visit to Corbin Park was a lot of fun and the course was set up well for the tourney format. Winning one of the CTP's was a real bonus, sorry Dan. Everyone I encountered at the course was very friendly and made me feel right at home. Good luck this year and everyone enjoy the unique flavor of Corbin Park.

Comment

Hey all, I want to leave a shout out to all the players that made this tournament so awesome. I was there with my son and we were welcomed by all players, "pro" and "rec" alike. I played with an awesome first group that included General Scales and was very impressed with the professionalism (he won the tourney but didn't make me or my son feel like Ams). Then our second group was Shad and Heidi. I didn't get to thank them again for the awesome round and the opportunity to play with such awesome sports. They have been Discing with their kids for a while and were very understanding and encouraging with every toss made by my son.

Thanks again for a memorable Saturday and keep up the awesome work in the NIDGC. If we lived closer to ID we would both be members of this awesome club.

BenT.

p.s. I thanked Jack on another site, but wanted to thank him here as well for such a well run and fun experience.

Comment

Originally posted by bstullis View Post
                Hey all, I want to leave a shout out to all the players that made this tournament so awesome. I was there with my son and we were welcomed by all players, "pro" and "rec" alike. I played with an awesome first group that included General Scales and was very impressed with the professionalism (he won the tourney but didn't make me or my son feel like Ams). Then our second group was Shad and Heidi. I didn't get to thank them again for the awesome round and the opportunity to play with such awesome sports. They have been Discing with their kids for a while and were very understanding and encouraging with every toss made by my son.

Thanks again for a memorable Saturday and keep up the awesome work in the NIDGC. If we lived closer to ID we would both be members of this awesome club.

BenT.

p.s. I thanked Jack on another site, but wanted to thank him here as well for such a well run and fun experience.
                It's always fun to play with a future world champ and his father . Seriously, it was a pleasure getting to play with you and your son. Anytime you want to do that again, let me know, it would be my pleasure.
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

It was a great pleasure playing a round w/ you and your son!!!!!! always nice to see the younger generation getting out and playing!!!!
                  Shad (roadhog) and Heidi
                  Work is for people that dont golf!!!!!

Comment

For all those who haven't heard, I called Rapid Fire Plastics this morning (5/21) and will be picking my shirt up tomorrow. If you didn't get a shirt they should be in and ready for pick up.

Comment

Player Pack items

Yes, the additional Player Pack items have arrived (shirts) for those who didn't get one at the event. Visit Rapid Fire to pick yours up. (Your name must be on my list to get one also got the water bottles for the card winners from the second round: Jared Massie, Stuart Autrey, Brian Johnston, Ben Tullis, and Josh Fish.

Comment

That is awesome news Jack, could you possibly snag those things up and bring them to league on Wednesday? That would be sweet :-)
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Good idea Stu. I will toss them in the van before I head to Corbin on Wed.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X