Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did everyone notice how well written the OP (Opening Post) is in this thread? A post that well thought out makes me want to play this series!
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

So when is registration going to open for the Emerald Valley Open. It's three weeks away.

Comment

bump for the_taut!

When and where can we register for the EVO?
        I'm only 1/3 on getting into tourneys this summer and trying to be proactive. I love playing DG in Eugene and look forward to this, my only available weekend in the month!

Comment

When does registration open foor the Umpqua Valley championship and will it be on the PDGA reg?

Comment

i have to agree with jub on part of his post. I am a washington player, and have no interest in qualifying for a northwest series, so why would i have to have some of my entry fee for a tournament that i would already be playing go towards something other than the tournament payout!!?

I dont care about any of the series. tournaments are just tournaments to me. I think that we as players should have the option when registering to say wheather we are participating in a certain series or not. if a person chooses Yes then some of their registration goes towards the series, if they say No then their registration fee should go towards that tournaments pay out.
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
              i have to agree with jub on part of his post. I am a washington player, and have no interest in qualifying for a northwest series, so why would i have to have some of my entry fee for a tournament that i would already be playing go towards something other than the tournament payout!!?

I dont care about any of the series. tournaments are just tournaments to me. I think that we as players should have the option when registering to say wheather we are participating in a certain series or not. if a person chooses Yes then some of their registration goes towards the series, if they say No then their registration fee should go towards that tournaments pay out.
              you know before you sign up that it is part of a series, you know where the money goes. play or do not play the choice is yours!!! you guys gotta find something else to complain about, i personally do not care if it is a series or not just a matter if i want to play or not!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rob smith View Post
                you know before you sign up that it is part of a series, you know where the money goes. play or do not play the choice is yours!!! you guys gotta find something else to complain about, i personally do not care if it is a series or not just a matter if i want to play or not!!!!!
                whether a tournament is a series event or not i will still play in the tourny, all i am saying is that if i am not participating in the series then i dont want part of my entry fee going towards the series.
                Team Meteor

Comment

whether a tournament is a series event or not i will still play in the tourny, all i am saying is that if i am not participating in the series then i dont want part of my entry fee going towards the series.
                  That's too bad. Like Mr. Smith noted earlier, you know where your fee is going before you sign up. It has already been decided that that is the deal.

I would suggest that you don't play, because you know that the group that you will play in will have to hear about how you feel about where your fee goes...and that would be lame.
                  Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

What Rob is saying is that you loose the right to choose when you sign up for the event. The Host TD that agreed to be apart of the series has already allocated the fees from your entry fee the second you sign up. No big deal though, these fees are less than some beers or a gallon of gas in some states.
                    PDGA #25296
                    Stumptown #34

Comment

Whether WE CHOOSE to play an entire series or not is irrelevant. If the EVENT itself is part of a series and we sign up for it, then we are agreeing to pay the extra couple of bucks. If you don't want to pay the couple of extra bucks... then don't sign up. It really is that simple.
                      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                        What Rob is saying is that you loose the right to choose when you sign up for the event. The Host TD that agreed to be apart of the series has already allocated the fees from your entry fee the second you sign up. No big deal though, these fees are less than some beers or a gallon of gas in some states.

And remember, when rights become loose, only the loose have rights....wait...righty tighty, lefty loosey...uh...oh nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                          I would suggest that you don't play, because you know that the group that you will play in will have to hear about how you feel about where your fee goes...and that would be lame.
                          NO thats not the case at all. i dont sit and complain about this or that through the round! i might make some moans and groans about my bad shots, but i am not one of those chatterbox complainers.

Why do people like playing in a series anyways? I dont get it and am curious. what is it about a series that you like instead of just a bunch of individual tournaments?
                          Team Meteor

Comment

Comment

The winner of a series is rewarded for their consistent play over a period of time, whereas the winner of a tournament is rewarded for their play at that time. That is what I like about a series rather than many individual tournaments...although I play as many as I can whether a part of a series or not.
                              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

so you want the TDs who are doing this for free to open up an accounting nightmare to accomodated you!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X